Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: floodgate building problem  (Read 601 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
floodgate building problem
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:35:00 pm »

I dont know if anybody posted this problem before, but I have been trying to get this one floodgate placed forever now. I finished every other job, hauled every single stone, deleted the floodgate and placed it again. it still just sits there. I was playing earlier, placed a floodgate and dug a channel, with no problem then placed two more floodgates and saved. I came back today and ran into this problem.

I put everybody to mine, mason, mechanic, haul furniture, items, stone, everything I could think of.

Is this the same thing that was going on with the hauling food before?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: floodgate building problem
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:37:00 pm »

What does it say when you cursor it with [t]?  Inactive?  It'll tell you the profession anyway.  Should be a miner.  An unbusy miner.  And is it accessible?  Could the miner walk there?

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »

yeah - all of the people below have mining, mason, stone hauling, furniture and item hauling just in case

Unless you can not walk ontop of channels??

but they dug the channels and were wlaking on them fine after they finished digging.

[ August 14, 2006: Message edited by: polpoint ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »

That does look unusual.  If the doors aren't locked or something like that it seems like it should work fine.  Sometimes it takes a little time to clear if it couldn't find somebody before, but if it just sits there a while longer you can send that over here if you like.  I can't see anything wrong with the setup.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 12:35:00 am »

Happened to me, they did install that gate, eventually, after a season and a half, or so. In new games there was no such delays, though...