Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Place Time and Space Goes To Die  (Read 4755 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Place Time and Space Goes To Die
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2012, 04:53:08 pm »

I can't wait to see what Thaum is!

You can. Anyone I've completed can go back to where I spoilered all the characters, you have inventories and the like now.

Thaum is big. Thaum is stone with sturdy joints. Thaum is kind of like a big man-rhino beetle, with a wand horn.

Thaum is scary. Thaum is unhappy that Thaum is scary. Thaum tries to be friendly. Exceptions are made when Thaum needs to kill something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »

(( If we have to split up i vote i go with Thaum this guy makes me laugh so much. ))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 04:59:58 pm »

I can't wait to see what Thaum is!

You can. Anyone I've completed can go back to where I spoilered all the characters, you have inventories and the like now.

Thaum is big. Thaum is stone with sturdy joints. Thaum is kind of like a big man-rhino beetle, with a wand horn.

Thaum is scary. Thaum is unhappy that Thaum is scary. Thaum tries to be friendly. Exceptions are made when Thaum needs to kill something.
Quote traaain~
He's somewhat scary but he's more... cool looking. Someone afraid of bugs might not like him, but he's not like a spider.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 05:02:32 pm »

(( Im curious can peoples spells be used in combination? Such as riptide spell being used to drag that enemy onto another persons blade rather then your own? ))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:09:38 pm by mesor »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 05:22:04 pm »

IT BEGINS

---
There is a place where the universe folds in on itself. What is not known is that this is where other universes touch ours- a huge focal point that is the chaotic center of the multiverse. In it, a chaotic, shifting dungeon is found.

And you're lucky enough to get in.

Through various means you've all appeared in the same room:
First comes Julius Shroud, waking up in a fairly well lit room. Wearing basic light gladiator armor, he held a small shield and a fine blade over his shoulder. Julius was a half-human, with curled horns on his head and fur on his upper arms. He had claw-like fingernails and large feet. He sees stone walls, floor and ceiling, and a single wood door on the other end of the room.
Secondly, Narmor the mage blinks into existance within the same room. Wearing heavy leather clothing and using a cane to walk, he gave the appearance of being old without actually being much older than 20. Julius is somewhat taken aback, but he simply curses under his breath. Wizards.
After that, Abses Eters enters through a glowing circle that appeared on the wall. He was wearing thick leather and an undershirt, and had a scar on his head. The knife he carries was hidden under his coat. Some mages have learned to send people here in their search for loot- and he's one of them.
Before anyone can say anything more, Thaum came in through the wall, revealing a smaller, empty room. He was carrying Sigmund, who woke up shortly after.
Thaum was large, but didn't look harmful. He looked like a large beetle, with heavy defense and a willingness to defend anyone who wanted to be defended.
Sigmund, however, was much smaller. He was a fancy Red Mage, carrying traps and fancy clothing, and a flamboyant sword.
Everyone was assembled together, no one was injured, and there was only one exit.
---

QUESTIONS:
Riptide, not so much, only works through the sword, but yeah, let's say you used Whirlwind Shield and Sparklers, you could have spinning mini fireballs that launch out in a controlled way.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 05:37:24 pm »

(( K ill have to look into what kind of spells the group has and see what i can come up with. ))

Nod to the group politely then attempt to open the door

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 05:40:24 pm »

Well crap. Master said the punishment for pissing him off would be severe, but - actually, where am I? Narmor examines his surroundings, trying to ascertain where the hell he is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »

((Can I change the sword for a scythe? Just for flavor purposes?))
"*!#?. Which one of you morons fired an unidentified wand?"
Search the area. Examine all equipment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2012, 06:03:17 pm »

Thaum greets others. Thaum checks equipment. Thaum awaits others greetings.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »

Asbes gave a half-bow and smiled.
"Asbes Eters, pleased to meet you gentlemen."

Move to the exit, check visually for traps on the path beyond.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:45 pm »

Thaum asks others if they can help wizard.
If wizard is hurt. Otherwise, Thaum says that wizard is not hurt.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

Abses was the first to speak.
"Abses Eters, pleased to meet you gentlemen."
"Thaum pleased too."
Namor shoots back a quick response-
"Same."
before looking around the entire area. Sigmund helps with this, mumbling about stupid adventurers.

Thaum asks if anyone is injured or needs assistance, and helps with identification of items not identified already.

Meanwhile, Julius moves to open the door. Abses tries to stop him but does so too late, the wooden door opens without incident. It creaks a little, but otherwise functions like a normal door.

You see, it's the next room's WALLS that are strange. As soon as Julius sets foot inside it, a massive worm-like machine of metal crashes through the left wall and smashes into the right, slowing, creaking and groaning, and slowly stopping.

A train just smashed through a room.

When it finally stopped, a boxcar door opened and a man wearing a loincloth and a hat reading "Hobo King", carrying a small copper dagger jumped out.
"Dis's MY TRAIN. HANDS OFF."

With that as a functional introduction, the hobo charges at Julius.

Meanwhile, Thaum and Sigmund had found nothing new. They knew that a few equipped items had less than adequate descriptions, but couldn't find a way to safely test it. They did know that no items were cursed, and none were blessed.

Narmor had no idea where he was. Everything about this dungeon matched things from other dungeons, but not the same one. The only conclusions were he was in Interdimensional Superjail, which didn't make sence because there were no guards, or he was in the mother of all dungeons.

He decided on the second one and went to see what the commotion was in the next room with Thaum and Abses Eters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 08:18:42 pm »

What items does Thaum have, exactly? Also, what magic does Thaum have access to?

-----

Thaum will try to calm Hobo King. If this fails, Thaum will punch Hobo King in the jaw. Hard.
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:47 pm »

What items does Thaum have, exactly? Also, what magic does Thaum have access to?

-----

Thaum will try to calm Hobo King. If this fails, Thaum will punch Hobo King in the jaw. Hard.

He has no spells, the magic circles on his palms too illegible to work. A mage needs to inscribe them onto your hands or body so you can cast stuff, and you have the wand. All inventories and equipped items are on page 1, the last post on it for me. All the characters there are spoilered so as to not take up boatloads of space.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »

Asbes rose an eyebrow at the scene. It seemed things would get strange sooner rather than later.

Try to take down the hobo with a stab to underside of the ribs towards the heart if he doesn't listen to reason.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6