Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Place Time and Space Goes To Die  (Read 4749 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
The Place Time and Space Goes To Die
« on: September 15, 2012, 09:16:25 pm »

The premise of this is simple. This is a dungeon, you are in the dungeon. The dungeon does not exist in one time period, it exists in all of them, and spans infinite space. It never ends. There's only one goal:

Get as much loot as you can before dying being forcefully ejected back into your home dimension.

---

Character creation looks complicated but it's actually pretty formulaic- you choose a job, race, and basic gear kit.
There are six stats in three categories, but I'll roll these (a choice between 3 rolls- you get two free rerolls.)
The categores are Body, Spirit, and Mind. Strength and Vitality are Body, Magic and Resistance are Spirit, and Intelligence and Instinct are Mind.

---

Stats are rolled by groups- each stat is individually rolled using the given dice value, so that choosing a Zodiac might get you 8 str, 5 vit, 4 mgc, 1 rst, 5 int, 3 ins. For two dice, the higher roll is taken.

Classes:
Spoiler: Warrior Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mage Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rouge Classes (click to show/hide)

Races are a further modification. Any races can be suggested, but the ones on the list so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gear kits are a little different: each kit offers a general selection of items that will be useful, but no one person can take enough to provide for an adventure. The kits are:

You start out at the "top level" (you think that's where your at anyway...) and have access to only medieval weapons at best- in other words, your basic RPG. Things will change.

A character should be posted like this:

Other stats are calculated using the ones that are rolled, such as HP, MP, and inventory space.
Inventory space is (2STR + 1/2RST), meaning it's only the badly rolled thieves that have trouble
HP is VIT + (1/4(RST x INS)), a mix of the stats, with much weight to Body
MP is MGC +(1/2(INT)).
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Place Time and Space Goes To Die
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:21:18 pm »

Name: Julius shroud. Race : Demihuman. Profession : Gladiator.
Kit : Soldier.
Background : A soldier captured by hes enemies and forced into the life of a gladiator. When several of hes enemies top brass came into the arena to gloat he broke free of he's bonds and massacred them and there guards with the skills they had given him. He intended to kill as many enemies as he could before dieing but was knocked unconscious surrounded by bodies and woke up in the dungeon.

Is this all ok?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:27:29 pm by mesor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »

Narmor the Sin Wizard
Apothecary Kit
Narmor was a wizard that offended his master. Don't ask how; it involved pain, bats, a tuba, and extensive use of a pickle as a weapon. As punishment, he's been sent into the infinite dungeon, which he hopes to escape.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »

Asbes Eters the Human Assassin
Adventurer Kit
After being put under the tutelage of a magic academy, used for menial work and finally dismissed due to the fact his potential was considered very low, Asbes turned to other ways, becoming an assassin trained in the ways of nimbleness, quick strikes and using the knowledge acquired in his short stay in the magic academy to make it easier to stalk and attack magic-wielding enemies. He joined the dungeon basically in search of riches and valuable items that may allow him to spend his life in peace, or at least make it far easier than it is at the moment. One or two artifacts along with treasure most certainly assist a man's quest for eternal revenge upon those that once frowned upon him.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:51:40 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »

Sigmund

Human (Dungeon Denizen) Red Wizard

Sigmund originates from a dimension which has a fabled dungeon with an ancient artifact titled "The Orb of Zot" hidden in its depths. He was one of those recruited to serve and protect it, so he was given a magical scythe, a robe and a random wand of great power. He lived this life for years upon years, killing adventurers, and even being killed a few times, but always returning for the next one to try and raid the dungeon.

One day, he noticed a crumbling wall beside him upon floor 3. He smashed through the wall, but overcompensated his strength, sending him hurtling down an abyss. When he awoke, he was miraculously unharmed, but in a completely different area from anywhere he'd ever seen.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:23:53 pm by Spinal_Taper »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 10:22:55 pm »

Thaum, the Construct Wizard
Apothecary starting kit

Thaum was an assistant to a wizard. Thaum was a good assistant. Thaum became corrupted by the magic in Thaum's master's workshop. Thaum gained a mind. Thaum was sick of taking orders from the master. Thaum killed Thaum's master when his master required Thaum to aid in an experiment in a way that would have damaged Thaum. Ironically, Thaum's master was testing Thaum's loyalty. Thaum is sorry for killing Thaum's master. Thaum pleaded to not be sent to the dungeon, where Thaum would surely be destroyed or, worse, dismantled, but Thaum was ignored. Thaum is unhappy to be here. Thaum will try to help people who Thaum finds, because Thaum hopes that by helping people Thaum will be allowed to leave. Thaum is capable of self-defense, however.
Thaum does not use pronouns.

Neat idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 10:39:07 pm »

((Let it be known that I HATE SIGMUND, KILLER OF NEWBIE PLAYERS!

At least I know his stuff.  :P

Also, define 'small'?))

Kayla Aethin the Female Angelis Thief

Currently equipped with a(n): Survivalist Kit

Dungeons.

Primarily the place where those convicted of crimes to society and the general populace were held, and associated with death, famine, and torture. Kayla was only a neophyte to her cadre of accomplished item-catchers -- the name came from those who were responsible for 'allocating' important objects from those who have 'shady' reasons of acquiring it -- and was surprised when the simplistic dungeon she was in shifted into a more...complex location.

She wondered if this new place had someone who knew the way to help out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:33:09 pm by Tiruin »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 11:08:55 pm »

If there's any room left, I'm in.

Carl the DemiHuman Thief
Soldier Kit
Carl is a Greedy Bastard. He wants money. A lot of it.
He spent his life masquerading as a hobo in a normal human world, making money off of his pickpocketing skillz. He eventually used said money to buy a portable electronic typewriter attached to a magic screen of light. Since then, it's been surprisingly hard to convince people of his identity. He is still trying to figure out the problem.
 He was teleported(?) here while trying to pickpocket an old woman on a street corner.

Yeah, I've never been good at History Write-Ups.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:39:17 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:23 pm »

Zolef the Kolbold Wizard
Adventurer kit
At 28 years of life, Zolef is from a band of Kobolds that allied with a prominent Human faction and had the status and good fortune to prosper in their world. Zolef has been part of the the Kobold mages since he was 12, and accidentially transported himself to this dungeon when one of his experiments failed catastrophically.

Edit: (This rtd wouldnt by chance be inspired by the book series "The dungeon" would it?)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:45:03 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:30 am »

Wydwen, Demihuman Illusionist

Wydwen is a charlatan. She would makes a living out of stealing from the local circus visitors, much to the dismay of the head of the circus. after pilfering the apothecary's tent she was greeted by the fortune-teller. "Well, you can keep that - why not take this crystal ball with you, too?" - Wydwen looked into the crystal ball, holding it in her palms. At first she saw only blackness. After a while she could make out the silhouette of a monster, being torn apart by black tendrils. Suddenly the monster looked at her - the view of it's face scared her. It was her own. Throwing away the ball she realized she was nowhere near the apothecary's tent. Or anywhere she remembered ever being before, for that matter.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:52 am »

All right, posting to say from here on this is closed until i can get the first post going. I was going to have groups of five, but I might make this interesting and have two teams of four- either way, someone's waitlisted if I counted right.

The two teams thing would work like this- you're dropped in two different areas, and each teem chooses a different color to post in. Their updates are colored appropriately. Updates would be considerably slowed (possible three-day interval, probably two).

The one I'll probably wind up doing unless nearly everyone begs for two teams is the five-man party. This is much easier and will probably get updates whenever the last person posts as soon as I'm on and see it.

Also, with five-man, waitlist works a little differently. You can PM me traps, monsters, room layout, stuff like that, and have a chance that it will appear somewhere soon. Locations are somewhat set, so no traps randomly appearing after you've searched.

Waitlisting otherwise works the same- you're thrown in with the party as soon as someone else dies, and the dead person can choose to be thrown in the waitlist. If the dead person dies, and two more people join, and the dead guy wants back in, he's still before the other two unless he wants to be at the back.

Everyone that's posted is acceptable, by the way, so just be ready for the next post.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:52 am »

(( Id vote for the 5 man team it's much simpler to deal with. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 11:37:29 am »

How often do you think people would die? Because, If you expect the list to move quickly, I'll vote team of 5. Otherwise I'll vote Teams of 4.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 11:38:51 am »

One team of 5 seems simpler.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 11:52:19 am »

Spoiler: Julius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Narmor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asbes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sigmund (click to show/hide)
SPELLS:
Dry Out (A spell that viciously pulls water out of the target's body.)(2-10)(Water,Vicious)(8MP)
Riptide (A spell that is cast from the user's sword. The target is pulled forward into the mage's waiting blade.)(3-5)(Water)(3MP)
Whirlpool Shield (A spell that causes water and air to whirl around the caster. It can't block strong attacks, but can weaken them)(0,0)(water,air)(2MP per turn)

Spoiler: Thaum (click to show/hide)

Your questions answered!

Angelis are about 4 feet tall, which is the same as kobolds in this game.
People might not die soon but they -will-. There's no real system of levelling up, but stats can and will change, so a character might make all the right choices and stay in a while, whereas one squishy character checks for traps and fails the INS or RST roll... and they might wind up dead. Or, just hilariously changed, depending on the trap.

5-man it is. Seems like more people want that.

Final inventories, appearances, and stat mods for Demihumans are the next step. Everyone, make your claims.
Wizard-types, if you want a specific branch of spells now's the time to speak.

Oh, waitlist, no skipping places with these already here btw:

Tiruin (Kayla)
Greenstarfanatic (Carl)
Keldy (Zolef)
hachenslay (Wydwen)
---
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:18:19 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6