Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - OOC Thread  (Read 10979 times)

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - OOC Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:03 pm »

In that case, we need him to wake up. We'll need every weapon we can get.

If someone were to, say, not know how to use a certain weapon, Yhgi could train them. Additionally, anything that can be weaponised, (Parrot and Vixen, for starters) Yhgi can mount guns and stuff to it or modify it (mining laser).

GUNIN, how deep's the pit we're in? Because if we need robotic assistance, Phil can send Vixen down, as it can climb really steep slopes (I think).
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »

are we far enough in the future that memory manipulation or recording?  I was thinking we could set up a way to cheat death.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2012, 10:42:56 pm »

GUNIN, how deep's the pit we're in? Because if we need robotic assistance, Phil can send Vixen down, as it can climb really steep slopes (I think).
165 feet. Its already been established that Vixen cannot climb down vertical surfaces consistently, meaning that she can cling to walls with no problem, but actually climbing large things is a problem.

are we far enough in the future that memory manipulation or recording?  I was thinking we could set up a way to cheat death.
Yes, but a mind transfer rig plus android bodies for your "brains" is going to be bloody expensive. Definitely late-game, but I'm glad you brought it up. I'll just file this under Projects.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2012, 11:41:27 pm »

So, if we can download ourselves into a computer, can we upload knowledge into our brains to acquire new skills?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2012, 12:49:46 am »

So, if we can download ourselves into a computer, can we upload knowledge into our brains to acquire new skills?
Yep! Still haven't thought of the name I'll give to the 'Skill Books'.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2012, 12:55:35 am »

Is there a paracord equivalent available in this day and age? Something not quite as strong as conventional rope, but not nearly as bulky either.
Probably. Why?

Because it's vesatile and cheap. If I recall Reggies original rope request was supposed to be a roll of something like this, but i got the heavy dudty carbon stuff.

It's useful for securing objects to uniforms, making lanyards and slings, making snares and all sort of other stuff.

Modern Paracord is a small diameter 550 pound test nylon cord.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2012, 12:59:50 am »

If I recall Reggies original rope request was supposed to be a roll of something like this, but i got the heavy dudty carbon stuff.
I don't think you can use paracord to climb down a cliff.

It certainly would be useful for securing anything smaller and lighter than a man in a large metal space suit. You can buy some later if you still think you need it, but I believe you have bigger problems presently.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

Alright, next question: how do we determine our load capacity in game? Will you just tell us when we're carrying too much?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »

Will you just tell us when we're carrying too much?
Yes. As long as you're not attempting to travel while carrying a ridiculous amount of equipment, then it should never be a problem. I still advise that you ditch your packs at the rover when going on sorties. It doesn't apply in this case however, considering the way this climb turned out.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2012, 03:32:36 am »

If I recall Reggies original rope request was supposed to be a roll of something like this, but i got the heavy dudty carbon stuff.
I don't think you can use paracord to climb down a cliff.

It certainly would be useful for securing anything smaller and lighter than a man in a large metal space suit. You can buy some later if you still think you need it, but I believe you have bigger problems presently.

Yeh the current is 550 pound static load. That doesn't count the stress points caused by bends and knots, or shock loading from weight. It would probably break fairly quickly if a full sized man tried to use it for climing support, even if he was careful.

Reggie's a bit of an author avatar, I'm into the whole woodsman with knife and paracord thing. So he is too in his Sci-fi way. After a basic first aid kid hit next purhase is a combat knife, or maybe tomahawk. He feels itchy wihout a substantial traditional blade within reach.

lol yes we've got 99 problems and a rope ain't one.  I'm fairly certain we are about to be eaten by a Grue
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

Hey guys GUNIN's internet is down, he is working on getting it back up and should be on in a couple days
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:43 pm »

We should name our planet while we wait.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2012, 10:39:12 am »

Hades or Sheol come to mind...

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 09:47:10 am »

Hades or Sheol come to mind...

I like Sheol...

Anybody else have an idea?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 07:06:53 pm »

Fuck Cox. Trying to double my payments was a stupid thing to do.
Anyhow, we are officially back online fellas. Give me about half an hour and I'll have all your updates posted.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10