Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swimming goblins?  (Read 920 times)

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Swimming goblins?
« on: September 15, 2012, 04:12:25 am »

I'm currently under a small siege, and my fortress is near a river. After i closed myself in I sent some markdwarves on the walls to plink away at the goblins, either kill them or drive them away i don't care.

One of the goblins, however, must've dodged in the river along with their cave crocodile. And now it's stuck there. He won't move (despite the rived having ramps), and eventually even the cave crocodile got bored and is leaving (though half of the siege is still hanging around, just not in my line of sight)

Anybody knows if I should fear swimming gobbos or I can safely leave him there?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Swimming goblins?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 06:15:41 am »

They're probably safe until they learn how to swim, but dwarves don't know that. Try stationing marksdwarves nearby.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:38:23 am »

Just make sure they have ammo, or the results could be... bad.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:39:00 am »

The situation resolved itself.

By which I mean winter came and the idiot got himself encased in ice.

While I was at it i did a little dam, just so that I could take all those precious metal bolts my dwarves carelessly threw in the river.

Also removed all the ramps from the dammed (and internal to my fortress) part of the river.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 07:47:15 am »

Mine out the frozen goblin's area, it's faster.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:35:27 am »

Mine out the frozen goblin's area, it's faster.
it's already thawed out a long ago, and I did indeed mined him out, but taking out the ramps was my priority