Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My fortress needs some !!FUN!!  (Read 824 times)

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My fortress needs some !!FUN!!
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »

I'm getting a little bit bored with my current fortress, mostly for want of challenging enemies.  What can I do to draw in a true megabeast or maybe a horde of FBs?  And don't suggest I unzip the circus tent please my FPS are bad enough as is.

I'm game for anything from in-game titan bait to lua hackery and save editing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: My fortress needs some !!FUN!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »

Create lots of wealth and wait. Also leave wide-open entrances to all three cavern layers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:35 pm »

Create lots of wealth and wait. Also leave wide-open entrances to all three cavern layers.
All my gates are open and my created wealth is about 73m.  Fortress is 14 years old.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 08:24:00 pm »

All my gates are open and my created wealth is about 73m.  Fortress is 14 years old.
...Start a megaproject to pass the time between sieges?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:20 pm »

Preferable ones that involve removing/relocating parts of your defenses while construction is afoot.

thrush_titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 01:31:21 pm »

So I ended up writing a lua script to reversibly change all gold furniture to adamantine which doubled my created wealth.   A FB showed up 3 seconds after I unpaused and hopefully the titans are on their way.  I'll post the script if there's interest.