Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dawn of Time : The Beginning (still alive)  (Read 9734 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time : The Beginning (still alive)
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2012, 06:10:04 pm »

You might be interested in knowing Slavery is a very easy concept to create.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:53 pm »

As if it matters at a time like this. Enslave the Gobs? Sure. We haven't even defeated them yet. Bring it up again once thats been done.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:52 pm »

As if it matters at a time like this. Enslave the Gobs? Sure. We haven't even defeated them yet. Bring it up again once thats been done.

Now, it wouldn't be very nice if I waited for you defeat and kill the goblins before mentioning the possibility, would it? Blunt weapons, for one, are more likely to leave survivors.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 07:58:08 pm »

We may have 25 active adults to their 32, But we arent nearly as armed as them. I propose we bend our efforts to creating more weapons. Arm every single person then crush these goblins. Enslaving or not.

They'll just be a nuisance until we destroy them, and goblins likely breed and reach adulthood faster than us. So we should get on this problem asap.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 12:19:07 pm »

Yes. We probably know the area better than the gobbos, having been wandering around it for ages.
Other than that, what about the gathering/ photo-agriculture ratio?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »

Yes. We probably know the area better than the gobbos, having been wandering around it for ages.
Other than that, what about the gathering/ photo-agriculture ratio?

What do you mean?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2012, 12:22:28 pm »

How many photo-agiculture people do we send out, and how many gatherers? Last time we had no choice (gathering was disabled).
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2012, 12:22:58 pm »

Ah this...

Your choice.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46:58 am »

Right, the breakdown we need to proceed
First up, everyone should have a weapon easy to hand, in case of another raid. (with 23 weapons, this leaves 3 people unarmed) If I put (armed) after a group, this means they have first priority on weapons

4 build tools (Spears and Axes)
8 Foraging (that..proto-agriculture thing?) (armed)
2 with axes, acquire firewood.
2 process more logs into  firewood.
4 Protect camp (Armed)

5 + Hero, Hunt. Spears.
---
Yeah, we cant protect our goods right now, but the plan is that after the creation of more weapons, we smash that goblin tribe.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2012, 12:35:07 pm »

We only have four axes, and as far as I know we have to use knives to make tools.
Other than that, agree with the above.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »

Yeah, sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

Yeah, when we attack them we can arm about a quarter (or more) of our tribe with clubs, and the rest with lethal weapons.  Then, enslave all survivors.  If they outnumber or almost rival us in numbers, we kill some of them.  We want to make sure they are weak.  After a few generations, maybe they will become part of our culture.  But we want to make sure we assimilate them, not the other way around.  Which is why we need to outnumber them, and give them menial labor, at least to begin with.  Maybe make them all the farmers.  They wouldn't need weapons then.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Clubs can be lethal. Other than that...
Yeah, sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »

Clubs can be lethal.
Shit, you're right.  Ah well, some are bound to make it.  I guess it goes without saying we should take prisoners if prompted, since we are going to enslave them.  I'm still going to say it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]