Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Dawn of Time : The Beginning (still alive)  (Read 9771 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Time : The Beginning
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

Alright...make shifts of the hunters. A shift hunting, a shift guarding, two shifts off or something. Have others make more spears, enough that if a slenderman shows up we can drive them off. And...while we're at it, ask the elders about the area from way back when we wandered if they remember much about the area.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 12:52:02 pm »

Collect the elders in the village, form a small meeting made up of the wiser folk of the tribe. Convene over how we can better protect the village.
(elder meetings, lead to -- councils, which lead to -- republics. Bad idea? The meetings themselves may not benefit the tribe directly, but at least we'll begin to form a cohesive society for the people to gather around and fight for.)

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »

Tell some of the kids to play with the hard black things inside the fruit, by playing a game called (You come up with the game)

collect more sticks for our stick alarm.

I think that is totaly legal right? XD

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 12:55:30 pm »

Tell some of the kids to play with the hard black things inside the fruit, by playing a game called (You come up with the game)

collect more sticks for our stick alarm.

I think that is totaly legal right? XD
Kids have their own heads!

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »

FISH!!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 06:56:49 pm »

Explain to the tribe the "true" reason you have settled here. "The Old Ways have served us well but are dangerous and labor intensive. I was contacted by the ancestors one day years ago and they have finally allowed me to share this with you all. They have claimed that hard-ship will come of this. We will have hard times. However we will one day be able to gather amounts of food that none of us could eat even in a life-time! There will be troubles... However the ancestors are on our side. Given time we will never have to hunt again." then close eyes and hope like crazy that they buy it.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2012, 07:20:27 am »

Explain to the tribe the "true" reason you have settled here. "The Old Ways have served us well but are dangerous and labor intensive. I was contacted by the ancestors one day years ago and they have finally allowed me to share this with you all. They have claimed that hard-ship will come of this. We will have hard times. However we will one day be able to gather amounts of food that none of us could eat even in a life-time! There will be troubles... However the ancestors are on our side. Given time we will never have to hunt again." then close eyes and hope like crazy that they buy it.

Throw in a part about our ancestors demanding tithe and worship
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 11:18:05 am »

Not yet. If we pile on too much BS at once they'll catch it and it'll lower morale. We wait to demand tithe and worship. Right now they are only benevolant.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 04:43:29 pm »

Not yet. If we pile on too much BS at once they'll catch it and it'll lower morale. We wait to demand tithe and worship. Right now they are only benevolant.

Throw in something about them saying it will end best for us and you've got my vote.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »

That's what the whole food thing was about. I figured it'd entice them more than "buildings" or "legacy" at this point. Hungry people are these which we lead. They know nothing but looking and craving food. If we convince them that this will allow us to have limitless supplies they're likely to follow our orders as long as we come up with the food to pay them of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2012, 08:45:50 pm »

I meant like not dying. Say, from invaders.

Are there any other tribes around?
Sig

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:11 pm »

There are, and other sentient races, but you are several turns alway from discovering either.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 01:45:58 am »

As head of the tribe find the most suited woman and court her.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 03:20:43 am »

So any update?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 12:09:51 pm »

As head of the tribe find the most suited woman and court her.

That's an awful suggestion that really adds nothing to anything.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8