Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: The Galactic civil war(8/8): Conquering the stars:Turn 7  (Read 12923 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
The Galactic civil war(8/8): Conquering the stars:Turn 7
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:20:00 pm »

For almost a millenia, The Galactic Confederacy has maintained a fragile piece over thousands of worlds. Some called them oppressors, some called them saviours. What they were, doesn't matter anymore. Their empire has fallen due to treason and corruption, and now a hundred races are feasting on it's corpse. Your nation is among them and in these dire times, you need to guide it to Glory and prosperity, in order to ensure it's continued existence, and maybe even bring peace back to the World.

Spoiler: The Gate network (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Signup sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Research (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:53:08 am by 10ebbor10 »

bobboy555

• Bay Watcher
  • A man who needs no introduction.
    • View Profile
    • Wikipedia
Re: The Galactic civil war(0/6): Conquering the stars
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:23:08 pm »

Sounds interesting, count me in.
Race name: Narma (sing. Narman)
Race description: Narma are smallish, but can carry out basic physical tasks. They rely mainly on machines to work for them, and must be nimble and agile to maintain the machinery. they are humanoid with long arms and thin bodies. Their skin is usually beige or light brown coloured and in young, slightly translucent. They are highly intelligent but lack any significant strength due to small bodies and muscles.
Planet name: Narmalia
Planet description: A highly fertile world with mountainous regions at the poles. Most of the surface is covered by rolling hills, thick forest, or vast ocean. the mountainous regions are rich in minerals but inhospitable and home to several savage creatures. There are two main cities on opposite sides of a large ocean. Marmalan and Hernapolis. The trees that make up the forests are similar to oak but taller and with slightly smaller canopies. Vegetation includes ferns and broadleaf weeds. The planet is roughly the size of earth.
Local System description: The central star is similar to Sol (Our sun) but larger with a blue tinge. There are 5 planets orbiting it. Narmalia is the 5th and last of these. The other four are, in order of proximity to the star: Inhospitable, molten surface; Inhospitable, magma seas, rocky landscape; Inhospitable, rocky with ice caps at poles; Hospitable, rocky with some dirt near oceans, sparse vegetation, mineral rich; Narmalia
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 03:02:30 pm by bobboy555 »
So, yeah, a stack of 2000 copper coins covered in vile ash that makes you vomit blood to death is my signature weapon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:32 pm »

The system description is basically what the local solar system looks like. Ie, how many planets, what size, stuff like that.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »

I think I'll get in on this. Gimme a few minutes.

Race name: Alloran
Race Description: The Alloran are large and bull like, heavily muscled and tough and stand about 3.5m tall. They are covered with scales, ranging from dark brown to red across their back, and light brown to a very pale pink on their fronts. They are industrious and as such, have no respect for ecology.
Planet name: Alloris III
Planet Description: A mountainous planet, with huge, dense jungle across almost all landmass, capped with small arctic regions at each pole. The fauna (ranging from scaled, beaked dogs, to winged lizards that hunt in packs) is deadly and the flora is not much better, causing the Alorran's both their hardiness, and their lack of care for the environment.
Local system description: Alloris is similar to that of Sol, but with six planets. Alloris Prime is small and molten; Alloris II is hot and lifeless; the Alloran homeworld is third; Alloris IV is a gas giant, with several large moons and many smaller ones orbiting it, all in various degrees of inhospitality, except one,which although lifeless, has a similar atmosphere to that of Alloris III; Alloris V is a large, barren rock; and Alloris VI is a small tundra planet with sparse lifeforms.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:18:05 pm by Kashyyk »

bobboy555

• Bay Watcher
  • A man who needs no introduction.
    • View Profile
    • Wikipedia
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 03:03:00 pm »

Edited application with System description. ;)
So, yeah, a stack of 2000 copper coins covered in vile ash that makes you vomit blood to death is my signature weapon.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:41 pm »

Can I reserve a spot, I am at show right now on my phone it's homecoming here, and I am performing sheet tommorrow too tired tonight.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:07:55 pm by SoHowAreYou »
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 03:59:30 pm »

In, I will have a application/signup done within half an hour.
EDIT:

Player Name: Emperor Botoro
Race name: Botoron
The Botoron are naturally a race of highly powerful psions. However, this caused a powerful Psion to enslave their entire race millenia ago. He has since locked the Psionic powers of all the other Borons to prevent them from escaping his grasp.
Their supreme leader, Emporer Botoro will brook no dissent, causing a psychically enforced uniformity of opinions. This results in slow movement and thought as a side effect, although they naturally very intelligent and capable of rapid movement. Physically, the Botoron are crystalline beings, growing and consuming crystals for food which require very specific conditions to grow. Their crystalline form results in high resistance to non-blunt sources of trauma. They are able to consume organic life and turn it into energy to feed their crystal plants and food.

(The bonuses are rather flexibile, since you could have them have high morale or be immune to spies since they are being controlled if you deem that one of the others is too strong or something).

Planet name: Gungar. A wasteland clear of all organic life. Massive crystal cities reach towards the sky, and vast plains of the crystalline food that the Botorons consume stretch in all directions. Crystal forests reach towards the sky. Mountains ranged arch jagged above the crystal landscape far below. There is no liquids on the planet at all, although the lower elevations of the planet are home to dangerous psychic predators that the common Botoron has no defense against at all, and as such large swaths of the planet are covered in forest and kept clear of. There is a fair amount of minerals remaining.
Local system description: Five planets in orbit about the binary stars Orin (A small bright blue star) and Niro (A star twice the size of our sun and a dull red). The Botoro are settled on the second planet closest to the sun, Gungar.
The first planet is rocky, and far too hot for the Botoro. The second planet is Gungar. The third planet is inhospitable, with no life to consume to provide fuel for the crystals, and completely lacking in minerals. The fourth planet is a large gas giant. The fifth planet is a truly massive gas giant, with a orbiting moon large enough (and getting enough light and heat) supportint indigenous life, it has medium minerals.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:04:20 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:20:52 pm »

Player Name:Lord Aldea
Race name:Imperials
      -The Imperials are a humanoid race, but they reproduce faster than humans, that lived in an state of constant war between different factions that waged for the control of the empire, something that made them develop advanced ranged weapons. This ruthless way of life led made them to try to use all resorces possible,hampering the enviroment.
Planet name: McTheridon is an industrial planet, with a surface populated by hive cities and polluting factories.It's name comes from the Siege of McTheredon's Fortress, an ancient fortress that made Warlord Aldea win the battle against impossible odds, that allowed him conquering the entire planet and creating a disctatorial military regime.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:14:44 pm by LAAT501legion »
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »

In, I think I'll have an application within the hour.
My race:

Race Name: Retha (singular Reth)
Race Description: The Retha are a race of semi-aquatic rodents that stand at about 1.4m tall and are usually covered in brown-grey fur. They have a particularly efficient metabolism. Their society tends to value reliability and durability in their technology, but this results in significant over-engineering so they have reduced industrial throughput.
Planet Name: Rethacal. The Retha homeworld is somewhat smaller than Earth (about 10500km in diameter) with high pressure (about 20% higher than Earth's) and oceans covering 78% of the surface. The planet also has dense concentrations of minerals, causing the gravity to be slightly higher than on Earth.
System Description: The star is a K-type main sequence star. I might come up with a system later.
Is this alright?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:32:50 pm by RulerOfNothing »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 12:19:51 am »

Can I reserve a spot, I am at show right now on my phone it's homecoming here, and I am performing sheet tommorrow too tired tonight.
In, will post the sheet tomorrow (I'm in Europe)
Yup, go ahead.

The other sheets are fine too.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »

The Forgotten Ones

The Forgotten Ones are a proud race built on their technology, they are a race of researchers, who pushed the edge of knowledge, they also were the greatest nanoroboticist, before the confederacy fell, they still retain their advanced use of this nanotechnology, this however has caused them too augment themselves to the distaste of others, so they suck at diplomacy. Even during the Confederation few knew of them, but this may change

Their home planet known as the Lost Hope, given by the first religious missionaries who saw the Forgotten Ones and the planet, the planet is a monstrous piece of technology, the "ecosystem" has long since been replaced by nanobots, relying on old generators for power, home is networked planet which is how the Forgotten Ones want too keep it, because this planet with current tech is optimized for them.

Their system is relatively pristine, though all it would take is a few probes too change this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 12:48:26 pm »

Race name: Narma (sing. Narman)
Race description:
Nimble and agile : +1 to defense rolls in combat, +1 to rapid movement
Highly intelligent
: +10% Research bonus
Lack any significant strength: Soldiers have 30% less HP

Home System:
Sun
-Inhospitable, molten surface;
-Inhospitable, magma seas,
-rocky landscape; Inhospitable, rocky with ice caps at poles;
-Hospitable, rocky with some dirt near oceans, sparse vegetation, mineral rich
Spoiler: Narmalia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fleet (click to show/hide)

Race name: Alloran
Race Description:
Heavily muscled and tough:  Soldiers have 30% extra HP
Industrious : + 10% Industry bonus
No respect for ecology: Pollution is increased by 20%

Local system
Alloris Prime is small and molten
Alloris II is hot and lifeless
Spoiler: Alloris III (click to show/hide)
Local system description: Alloris is similar to that of Sol, but with six planets. All; ; the Alloran homeworld is third; Alloris IV is a gas giant, with several large moons and many smaller ones orbiting it, all in various degrees of inhospitality, except one,which although lifeless, has a similar atmosphere to that of Alloris III; Alloris V is a large, barren rock; and Alloris VI is a small tundra planet with sparse lifeforms.

Player Name: Emperor Botoro
Race name: Botoron
High resistance to non-blunt sources of trauma: +2 to defense rolls
Consume organic life: Sometimes Produces food when destroying organic units and buildings and such(Includes for example forests)
Slow movement and thought: -1 to movement in battle, -1 to initiative

Spoiler: Gungar (click to show/hide)
Local system description: Five planets in orbit about the binary stars Orin (A small bright blue star) and Niro (A star twice the size of our sun and a dull red). The Botoro are settled on the second planet closest to the sun, Gungar.
The first planet is rocky, and far too hot for the Botoro. The second planet is Gungar. The third planet is inhospitable, with no life to consume to provide fuel for the crystals, and completely lacking in minerals. The fourth planet is a large gas giant. The fifth planet is a truly massive gas giant, with a orbiting moon large enough (and getting enough light and heat) supportint indigenous life, it has medium minerals.

Player Name:Lord Aldea
Race name:Imperials
      -Fast reproduction:
      -Advanced ranged weapons: +2 to ship attack
      -Hampering the enviroment.: 20% extra pollution

Spoiler: Mc Theridon (click to show/hide)

Race Name: Retha (singular Reth)
Race Description:
Particularly efficient metabolism: 10% less food needed
reliability and durability: +20% ship/building health
reduced industrial throughput. : -10% industrial production.

Spoiler: Rethacal (click to show/hide)
System Description: The star is a K-type main sequence star. I might come up with a system later.

The Forgotten Ones

Researchers: +10%
Nanotechnology: +2 to nanotech research. Can attempt to use nanotech with varying results
Suck at diplomacy.: -4 to diplomacy

Spoiler: Lost Hope (click to show/hide)
Their system is relatively pristine, though all it would take is a few probes too change this.

Race name: Kalams

Race Description:
Tough and regenerating: +30% hp, regains health faster
Researchers: +10% Science
Part of food and living space for useless and dangerous younger generations: 20% of the population can only be used as rebellious soldiers at best.

Local System description:
Tirunog: Stable sun-like star
Tirunog I: Very hot rock, slightly smaller than mercury
Tirunog II: Oceanic world with highly acidic oceans and even more acidic atmosphere.
Tirunog III: Gas giant that has roughly 80% size of Jupiter. Has several small rocky moons and one big moon Kalamad
Spoiler: Galamad (click to show/hide)
Tirung IV:  Mars-sized frozen rock

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:59:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Galactic civil war(6/6): Conquering the stars
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 01:00:39 pm »

So that will be it, unless someone wants to change anything.

I would like actions in the following format:

Construction
You can construct things using IC (=Industrial capacity). This can be stockpiled between turns.

Research
Suggest a project, I'll add the cost. You can also say things like, develop new agriculture stuff and such.

Manpower
Any changes to the allocation of people to different industries. Shouldnn't be a problem right now.

Army/Navy movements

General actions
If you do something not covered in the first 2.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 01:42:19 pm »

Planet stats

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 01:44:57 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11