Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guys I think I just made a Workshop Fire-bomb (aka'Quivering Quiver Quandaries')  (Read 548 times)

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile

Using [PRODUCT:100:2:QUIVER:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:WOOD:NONE] causes the errorlog to throw a fit, saying 'WOOD' was an invalid material token, even though it was supposed to be the reagent identifier. Should I ignore this? I think so because I have a more pressing matter. Besides, when 'it' happens, the errorlog lists it as 'wooden quiver' (path problems, whatever).

Situation

Embarking with a human fortress within walking distance, just because I want to (and I need a cheap source of stone). I was testing out to see if my custom material quiver reactions were working properly. Wood came up first, while the final product listed it as 'quiver' (just that, no prefix or whatever), I assume it was a success. Second try, stone quivers. Nothing came out of the stone I put in, when I checked the items inside the building I read:

Firearms Assembly
*quiver* (it was 2 quivers per reagent)
+quiver+
magma
magma

Same thing happened with using metal bars. Anyways, I ordered another set of wooden quivers. Then it happened, sorry, I was so caught up I forgot to take a screen. The creation of the 2nd batch of quivers caused the 2x1 workshop to incinerate itself and set fire to the surrounding grass, the 'carpet' of fire spreading outwards and burning every blade of grass on the current Z-level. If Toady enabled fires to march down/up slopes, then my embark group is dead. More fun would've been had if I fully tunneled through the castle walls like medieval sappers and let the castle yard get coated in flames. Obviously, it's in the product section of the reaction and I'm trying to fix it...if ever.

So yeah, thoughts? (And how do I fix this??)
Spoiler: Code used (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:08:16 am by GuardianTempest »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Liquid magma, and/or burning objects/self-deconstructing workshops are not entirely new. Check warlords bonfire mod for the most widely used one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Your Product is wrong, standard PRODUCT syntax is:

[PRODUCT:<percent chance>:<quantity>:<item_id>:<item_subId>:<material_id>:<material_subId>]

you start you material calls from the <item_subId> so add a NONE after QUIVER like so:

[PRODUCT:100:2:QUIVER:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:WOOD:NONE]

now it shall get the "wooden" material for the reagent classed "WOOD" no more default "magma"