Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD  (Read 8778 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 12:09:11 pm »

(( Ill do one later tonight if nobody else does dont really wanna do 3 people if i can avoid it. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 12:14:43 pm »

Phillip does what the captain says and waits for...well...he wasn't exactly sure, yet...
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:10 pm »

"Victor"
Hand Jaime her swords back and then tear a piece off my top under the armor and wrap it around Gretchens wrist as a basic support and keep heading towards the university
Victor gets a bit chilly from ripping off some of his shirt after taking off armor and coat, but he'll be fine after a bit of walking.
The three make it to the university's barriers without incident.

"Mom, stop the car, I'll go check it out."

Jessica gets out of the car and walks over to the nearest car to ask about the situation.
Jessica gets out and goes to a car. It looks like it was hastily abandoned, the keys still in the ignition, a few boxes of granola bars and a lost stuffed turtle still in the trunk. All the cars are like that--no one inside. Weird, and rather hard to get through. Jessica returns to the car and say, "Mom, the cars are empty. Like, completely."
Jessica's mother thinks a moment, then says, "Jess, get out of the car. If it was worth walking to them, it is to us."

(Sorry, busy busyness over here)

An entire quarantine of Chicago, enough to scare them into stopping the metro? That's crazy. But if it's serious, there's absolutely no way I'm going to be stuck here til' I die. I'd rather get crushed than starve out in this city. There's probably hordes of people trying to get out, but no one's desperate enough to take the tracks. No one but me.

Eric Romani: Continue along the tracks, head to the end of the line before exiting.
[2] Eric continues along the tracks. With his limited supplies and knowledge of his more limited time, he moves quickly. Soon, he sees some sort of barricade being erected near the city limits and goes to chat with the cops near it.
"Excuse me, officer, I need to--"
[5] "Erm, citizen, is that a handgun?"
Eric has to admit it. "Yes, sir, it is."
"You are aware that those are illegal in the city of Chicago, aren't you?"
"Damn it, sir, there's less than an hour, surely you have better things to do than--"
"Sorry, I tend to be a by-the-book guy who has orders not to let criminals out. My boss isn't a fan of crooks."
"Just let me out! I don't even have any bul--"
"I'm also not a fan of people who swear at me..."
Eric leaves, dejected. On the bright side, he wasn't arrested, but on the downside, he needs to find a better place to escape. And ideally conceal his gun better.

"Robert"
Go up onto the barricade and look down at what remains of the mob that tried to get out.
Robert tries to stagger up on his broken leg, [2] but fails. It hurts a hell of a lot. An officer comes over. "You guys okay?"
"Yeah..." [5] Robert comes up with a story. "We were in our apartments and discovered we weren't able to get out. We heard that Chicago was going to be quarantined soon, and so wanted to get out."
"Understandable, but that building is in the currently-quarantined area."
[1] "We aren't sick, although a few of us have broken--"
One of the girls, an Asian who jumped too far coughs.
"Yeah, not sick...I'll tell you what, I'll have you driven to the hospital. It's in-town, but you'll be helped until you all die of the plague they cooked up."
"The plague they--"
"I've said too much. Do you want to go to the hospital or not?"

Phillip does what the captain says and waits for...well...he wasn't exactly sure, yet...
[4] A single kid tries to be all sneaky and get to the barricade, but a single warning shot scares him off. He checks his watch...

There are 25 minutes left this turn. What do the five do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 12:45:42 pm »

"Victor asks , were would Daren be? "
Put armor and coat back on then look for a way to sneak in

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 01:38:35 pm »

A barricade in the goddamn metro. They're serious. It's getting closer to noon, I can't get through that barricade, they'll recognize me. I'll have to try somewhere else.

Eric Romani: Find nearest exit, head towards city limits. Keep that gun concealed this time.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 04:42:42 pm »

Phillip tries to chat with nearby officers, about any of the following subjects they're willing to talk about:

Size of quarantined area, just the college?
Heard rumors about what's going on?
Seen any of the sick?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2012, 04:57:02 pm »

"Victor asks , were would Daren be? "
Put armor and coat back on then look for a way to sneak in
Your armor and coat are already back on, I assumed Victor wasn't an idiot or a yeti.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 05:04:07 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

As I've said, if you want to anyone can post an action. Right now, we could use actions from Jess and Rob.
Sig

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 05:06:25 pm »

"Jess"

Grab the things from the car, climb on top of a van or something and try to see over the cars.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »

NO.

Jessica grabs a box of Granola bars and walks with her mother, following the trail of cars. Maybe they'll find the owners...

And don't start telling people to give actions after less than half a day. RTDs don't have to move this fast.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »

Sorry. I guess that the single-character RTDs have a completely different timescale.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 05:12:17 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2012, 05:12:53 pm »

And don't start telling people to give actions after less than half a day. RTDs don't have to move this fast.
Why not? I do believe that this is his game.

Besides, a quickly moving RTD is less likely to die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2012, 05:27:43 pm »

Why not? I do believe that this is his game.
Besides, a quickly moving RTD is less likely to die.
That was my thought.
Don't worry, Greenstar, your action will take precedence.

We still need an action for Robert.
Sig

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2012, 07:03:31 pm »

Robert:
"What's the alternative, Dying in the streets?"
Try and get up onto the barricade, again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10