Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD  (Read 8776 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:27 am »

I'll start trying to pay closer attention to the other characters and suggest actions when required to keep things moving, or if I have a good idea.  People should feel free to suggests actions for Phillip too even though he's loosely 'mine'.

I like the communal control concept and want to see how it plays out.

Might be a good idea for coherence if the person who made the character writes some notes so people who jump in with action don't end up working at extreme cross purposes. Maybe a general goal and a personality note or two added as a footnote to their ACTIONS.

Something like. "John Smith wants to get to the drug store. He likes defending civilians. He is brave"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:21:26 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:10 am »

"Victor"
Keep heading for the university and try to avoid being seen by anybody else who's on the streets.
[2] On one hand, Victor head towards the university. On the other hand, someone notices him. [6v6v6v2] The three react quickly. Victor [2] misses with his sword, [1-1, 2-1] Jaime flings her swords into the air, and Gretchen [6] whallops the someone on the head really hard with the pugil stick--that's what they're called--and knocks him out while spraining her arm. One sword hits Jaime in the head, the other smacks the assailant's stomach. They didn't have a chance to interview him, but Victor has learned two valuable lessons. One, this city is swiftly becoming a dangerous, lawless place. Two,stay away from Jaime when she's swordfighting.

Jessica packs her belongings into the car and waits patiently inside it.
Jessica packs stuff in the car and waits for her mother. She comes out of the house carrying two more bags of stuff Jess didn't think was that important but her mother did. She coughed a little and started the car.
"Are you okay, Mom?" Jessica asked.
"Yes, I've just got a little cold."
They headed out towards the city limits. Soon enough, they could see the barrier of cars.

Eric curses into the air loudly, First my weapon stash got raided somehow, and now the entire city's streets are choked! I can't get locked up here, maybe the metro is still up. Hell, if it isn't running maybe running the tracks will be faster than wading through the streets

Eric Romani: Check the nearest metro station, if the lines aren't running, brave the tracks.

(This totally can't go wrong at all...)
Eric heads swiftly for a Metro station and notes that they don't seem to be running. Don't they have a motto about rain or snow or stuff not stopping the trains? Maybe that's the Postal Service. Anyways, he decides to walk out on the tracks. Yup, nothing could go wrong.

'Fuck, Fuck, Fuck! What the hell is going on! Are we infected or something why are they shooting?'

These thoughts ran through Robert's mind as he ran in the exact opposite direction of the breach, grabbing any nearby attractive girls/friends that he can pull away from the gunfire with him.(without putting himself in too much danger)
(( Wasnt sure if other players were allowed but in hes situation he's move is kinda obvious. People are shooting at him what is he gonna do? ))

"Robert"
Robert turns and runs full pelt down along the barricade and along the university fence looking for a spot that does not appear to be guarded.
Climb over if he locates one and quickly head away from the university.

Robert hurries perpendicular to most of the mob's movement. [6] He grabs at a group of seven beautiful girls, who drag him away. Robert tries to drag them all the other way, [4v3,2,4,2,1,1,3] and two trip long enough to cause the others to stumble long enough for Robert to take control of the posse. [2] He tries to find a weaker point in the barricade, trying to explain his plan to the girls. [4,5,2,2,6,5,5] One suggests finding a building and going out it, another suggesting parkour (Did I spell that right?). The eight companions do so. [1] When Robert jumps, he breaks his leg, [4,1,6,2,6,1,4] as do two of the girls, while two others jump so fiercely that they hit the middle of the street and a fifth girl sprained her ankle. Oh, dear...

((Wow ok...things are moving rather quickly... In character I don't think Phillip even knows who's being shot at yet, could be zombie robot martians. So he will not interfere with anything...))

Phillip Anderson attempts to speak face to face with Captain Samson.

Info Requests: How is Phillip currently equiped?
About how many officers can he see in the area of the barricade?

Phillip goes to chat with Captain Samson. "What's this I'm hearing?"
Captain Samson sighs despondently. "We're shooting at college kids who are trying to break quarantine, to keep some sort of disease from escaping into the rest of Chicago before the quarantine over the city starts."
"What!?!"
"I know, but most ran. We only had to shoot a couple, and we "missed." Just stand on that wall and shoot towards anyone you see coming."

There are 40 minutes left. What do the five do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 11:46:39 am »

"Victor"
Hand Jaime her swords back and then tear a piece off my top under the armor and wrap it around Gretchens wrist as a basic support and keep heading towards the university

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 03:53:42 pm »

"Mom, stop the car, I'll go check it out."

Jessica gets out of the car and walks over to the nearest car to ask about the situation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:45:57 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »

It's not a barricade, it's all those cars blocking the road out that were mentioned a few times.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »

Edited.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »

mesor, kudos for always being quick to post Victor's actions.
We still need actions for Robert, Phillip, and Eric. Anyone can suggest them or point out a post I missed.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 04:00:50 pm »

(( Been lucky so far and its always updated when im home so my laptop is running.
Ill give it till i get home tomorrow night if nobody has posted ill put some moves up for them. ))

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

(Sorry, busy busyness over here)

An entire quarantine of Chicago, enough to scare them into stopping the metro? That's crazy. But if it's serious, there's absolutely no way I'm going to be stuck here til' I die. I'd rather get crushed than starve out in this city. There's probably hordes of people trying to get out, but no one's desperate enough to take the tracks. No one but me.

Eric Romani: Continue along the tracks, head to the end of the line before exiting.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 08:26:10 pm »

Excellent, that leaves Phillip and Robert.
Sig

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »

How do you break your leg by jumping... He should seriously get some medical attention on that though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2012, 06:25:18 am »

He jumped out of a second- or third-story window, because the doors were barricaded. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Also, ones do wonders. It's why they're called wons...oh god, that was a horrible pun.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2012, 09:25:29 am »

Phillip and Robert still need actions...Anyone can come up with them...
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 09:32:32 am »

"Robert"
Go up onto the barricade and look down at what remains of the mob that tried to get out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:20 pm »

We just need Phillip's actions now...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10