Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD  (Read 8792 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

Definitely a major issue. God damn it, Bert probably got out of dodge already, and without telling me. Next time I see him...

Eric Romani: Search for stashed weapons in apartment before getting the hell out

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »

(( K wasnt sure ive played one or two before where the time ran out and everybody dropped dead on the spot if they hadnt made it to the safe zones.
Can i decide to ditch the girls if they become a pain?
But more importantly. Are they hot :P ))
You can decide to ditch them if you can outrun them or if they can't or won't follow, but that would be mean.
And...well, Victor couldn't choose which one he's rather "work out" with, so do the math.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »

(( Maybe victor had a lot of spare energy and one girl couldnt keep up :P
But the hot girls must be protected to repopulate the city so they have to stay with me for now.
I like the story btw Daren is important to her and yet she spent the night with me. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »

It's...complicated.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 09:02:14 pm »

(( Hah good it'll make an interesting story if Daren isnt dead by the time we get to him. And an awkward silence will develop. ))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

Jessica packs up her laptop (With all her notes and stuff.) and searches the house one last time.

As she heads out the door to go to the mall, she starts dialing her Mom's number on her phone. Maybe she can come and pick her up.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 11:41:39 pm »

Man, I'm sorry I missed the cut off, this rtd is turning out pretty awesome =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2012, 06:54:13 am »

You are still allowed to suggest actions for characters, though.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2012, 06:21:10 pm »

Victor, Eric, and Jessica have actions. Robert and Phillip still need actions. Remember, anyone can post an action for any character.
Sig

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:48 pm »

Phil's thought proccess: "This is seriously weird, everyone's gone and I'm offered a chance to make all my problems go away if I just come in? Am I being manipulated? Why? They want me to come in urgently, but didn't think of it until I called? What's this white van thing about? You don't even need to be genre savvy to worry about this! I don't want to be the guy who gets killed the by conspirators or feds or whatever 10 minutes in to show the situation is grave. If theres some sort of contamination...what if I'm in the danger area..."

Phillip Anderson is very suspicious. He operates the radio again, hoping to spot any evasiveness or manipulation. "Captain Samson, I haven't seen this van I'm looking for, I'm worried I might have gone passed it. Is it important, who's there anyway?" As he talks he walks onward, looking for the van, but not intending to approach it.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 08:30:38 pm »

"Get the Fuck outta my way!"

Robert pushes and shoves his way through the hordes of students and runs towards the rumored weak-spot in the barricade.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:03 pm »

"Victor"
Go to the storeroom and collect 3 sets of padded armor that is normally used for training and instruct the girls to put a set on each and put a set on myself.  Then go and collect wooden training weapons. Then begin heading for the university.

(( Didnt wanna make my move to long. ))
Victor hurries to the storeroom, assuring Gretchen that you'll go save Daren ASAP. They all get outfitted in the padded armor that fit them over their winter clothes and also what weapons they can find. Victor selects a wooden sword thingy, Jamie grabs two smaller ones, and Gretchen goes for this big padded mace thingy. The three head out, Victor grabbing a trash can lid, heading straight for Chicago University at a rather slow pace.

Definitely a major issue. God damn it, Bert probably got out of dodge already, and without telling me. Next time I see him...

Eric Romani: Search for stashed weapons in apartment before getting the hell out
Eric tries to find stashed weapons, [2] but in vain; there do not seem to be any stashed weapons around. Eric does find a mop, though. It's better than nothing, right? Eric runs out the front door, but stops when he gets outside. A few blocks to the right is the back end of the "wall of cars" everyone's heard so much about, and Eric lacks a car of his own--he walks to work and uses a bus or the L when he needs to go somewhere else.He can't figure out where to go.

Jessica packs up her laptop (With all her notes and stuff.) and searches the house one last time.

As she heads out the door to go to the mall, she starts dialing her Mom's number on her phone. Maybe she can come and pick her up.
Jessica searches the house, finding her mother lying asleep in her room.
"Mom!" Jessica shouts.
"Wha..it's too earl-" Jessica's mom suddenly sits up. "It's almost 11! My God, we need to get a move on if we're going to get that math--"
"Mom," Jessica interrupts, wondering why her mother's alarm clock didn't go off. "We've got bigger things to worry about. Chicago's going under quarantine at noon and--"
"Jess," her mother says sternly, "this had better not be a joke."
"It's not, Mom. One sec--" Jessica runs to get her laptop and brings it back, loading a newspage. There it was, top story on CNN. She handed her laptop to her mother.
Ass Jessica's mom read the story, Jess got more and more worried. Finally, she said, "Jess, get your shoes on and pack everything you can into the car. We're leaving."

Phil's thought proccess: "This is seriously weird, everyone's gone and I'm offered a chance to make all my problems go away if I just come in? Am I being manipulated? Why? They want me to come in urgently, but didn't think of it until I called? What's this white van thing about? You don't even need to be genre savvy to worry about this! I don't want to be the guy who gets killed the by conspirators or feds or whatever 10 minutes in to show the situation is grave. If theres some sort of contamination...what if I'm in the danger area..."

Phillip Anderson is very suspicious. He operates the radio again, hoping to spot any evasiveness or manipulation. "Captain Samson, I haven't seen this van I'm looking for, I'm worried I might have gone passed it. Is it important, who's there anyway?" As he talks he walks onward, looking for the van, but not intending to approach it.
Phillip has some doubts about all of this. It's just too suspicious. He tries to think of a logical explanation but finds none. Once he reaches the police station and into a heated patrol car, his mind clear up some and he realizes a plan.
He activates his radio and says, "Captain Samson, I haven't seen the van I'm looking for. I think I might have passed it. Is it important? What's there, anyway?"
"Damn it, Anderson, how could you--"
"It's a white can, on Christmas Eve in Chicago."
"Yeah, good point...hold on." The radio clicks off, and you hear an airhorn start to blast, about half a second with one blast every thirty. "There. Follow the blaring airhorn. Yeah, it's fucking important. These people we're trying to hold back are infected with something. I've heard that it's real deadly, if it gets out it might wipe out the whole country, maybe the world. I dunno much, but the ban's where you get a neat hood thingy with its own air bottle to keep out the germs. That's about all I know, 'cuz that's all I need to know. Oh, and don't tell anyone I said this to you."
"Why not? Is it confidential?"
"I don't know, but it's sure hush-hush."
As Phillip arrives to the scene, perturbed, he hears Captain Samson say, "Geez, okay. Fire to kill.."

"Get the Fuck outta my way!"

Robert pushes and shoves his way through the hordes of students and runs towards the rumored weak-spot in the barricade.
About a hundred or two hundred students have the exact same thought. The barricade is a plywood wall about 8 feet high, seemingly supported by something bigger and heavier. There are elevated platforms being manned by a swarm of police officers, mostly in SWAT uniforms and/or riot gear, all with white hood thingies over their heads, shoulders, and part of their chests. [2] Robert can't really get to the front of the crowd, but he manages to stay on his feet and inch through it. You hear a loudspeaker-amplified voice say, "Look, we've had enough. You all have ten seconds to turn around, or we shoot. Not fatally, that would be--" he cuts off. You see a man all in a white suit, like those things you see in movies when the doctors need to stay away from the plagues. "Geez, okay. Fire to kill, even though we're all probably going to rot in Hell for this."
Robert freezes, suddenly thankful for not being at the front.

-----

What an interesting development. All of the searching and driving and fighting the crowd and stuff takes time, though...
There are 50 minutes left this turn. What do these five do?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 09:04:57 pm »

"Victor"
Keep heading for the university and try to avoid being seen by anybody else who's on the streets.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:14:21 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »

Jessica packs her belongings into the car and waits patiently inside it.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2012, 12:06:28 am »

Eric curses into the air loudly, First my weapon stash got raided somehow, and now the entire city's streets are choked! I can't get locked up here, maybe the metro is still up. Hell, if it isn't running maybe running the tracks will be faster than wading through the streets

Eric Romani: Check the nearest metro station, if the lines aren't running, brave the tracks.

(This totally can't go wrong at all...)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10