Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD  (Read 8749 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive: A Mystery/Survival RTD
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »

"Victor asks , were would Daren be? "
Put armor and coat back on then look for a way to sneak in
"Daren is...probably in his dorm."
[5] Victor looks around and finds several young women and a guy lying on the snowy ground. Nearby is a policeman in a weird facemask thing, who asks what Victor is doing. Not seeing any reason to lie, he says, "We're rescuing a student trapped inside."
The officer shrugs and says, "I've already violated procedure to help some people, might as well let out in." He opens a doo on a nearby building and wishes you luck. You follow Gretchen as she walks through campus, calling Darren's name.

A barricade in the goddamn metro. They're serious. It's getting closer to noon, I can't get through that barricade, they'll recognize me. I'll have to try somewhere else.

Eric Romani: Find nearest exit, head towards city limits. Keep that gun concealed this time.
[5, 1] Eric hides his pistol but manages to get lost when wandering around the edge of the barricades. Well done. You appear to be somewhere around the Museum Campus.

Phillip tries to chat with nearby officers, about any of the following subjects they're willing to talk about:

Size of quarantined area, just the college?
Heard rumors about what's going on?
Seen any of the sick?

Side from a few people who were coming out of a nearby building, nothing of note occurs. This gives Phillip a chance to converse among his peers. They all heard that the whole campus is supposed to be infected. The quarantined area is a few blocks around the campus, and the inner quarantine is supposed to be held until quarter after. None of them know what the symptoms are--they've heard everything from instantaneous blood clotting to massive rotten areas to zombies. No one knows what's going on, and that scares everybody. Thank God the cops are getting airlifted after the quarantine over all of Chicago starts.
Speaking of which, it's going to start 10 minutes early due to some sick people reaching the edge of town. Those on the wall start dispersing.

NO.

Jessica grabs a box of Granola bars and walks with her mother, following the trail of cars. Maybe they'll find the owners...

And don't start telling people to give actions after less than half a day. RTDs don't have to move this fast.
"Jess"

Grab the things from the car, climb on top of a van or something and try to see over the cars.
Jess grabs the bag full of her most important things, including her laptop and an old, fond stuffed rabbit that she's had forever. Climbing up on a car, Jessica can see some activity a mile or so ahead. She and her mother head up that way. Jess starts coughing.
Once they get to the movement, they can see that it's several cops moving a small crowd of people through a hole in a wall of plywood and drying concrete. Some cops note Jessica's cough, [3v4] and despite her mother's best efforts, she can't convince the cop that she just has a cold. The cops stop the flow of people and start calling each other on their radios.

Robert:
"What's the alternative, Dying in the streets?"
Try and get up onto the barricade, again.
"I suppose..." The cop is distracted by another guy, wearing some sort of padded foam armor and carrying a wooden sword followed by a couple of girls. While the cop is letting them in, you consider climbing up the barrier before realizing you are on the outside of the quarantine. You are driven to the hospital, a place full of dying people. You chat with the girls.
Xing Li--An Asian girl, short but sweet and studying chemistry
Francine MacDougal--A thin, green-eyed, red-haired Irish lass studying literature
Jacquelyn Sawina--A nice girl, average height and lovely shape, studying astrophysics
Roberta Zimmerman--A tall, buxom blonde here on a soccer scholarship and studying acting
Krista Maynard--A chubby but lovely young lady studying biology
Erica Nordstrom--A French girl, short and slim, athletic and a close friend of Xing's, studying chemistry
Isabel Harrison--A quiet girl studying computer science.
There, now they all have names.

There are 15 minutes left before the end of Turn 1. What do the five do?

-----

I would have posted earlier, but real life intervened.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:49 pm »

"Victor"
Continue looking for Daren , Pick up a back pack or duffel bag if i find one and place all food , water and anything useful as a weapon within the bag
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:35:58 pm by mesor »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:44 pm »

Augh, this is NOT the time to get lost. All the times I've been around this city in the night, and I can't even begin to stumble towards a goddamn road out of here!

Eric Romani: Continue search along the barricades

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2012, 08:33:38 pm »

That leaves Phillip, Robert, and Jessica. Unless Greenstarfanatic complains again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2012, 09:03:31 pm »

Jessica tells her mom to go on without her, she'll make it back.

Go with the police...for now. If there's a chance to escape, take it.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2012, 08:57:35 pm »

Alright, still need Phillip's actions, and ideally Robert's but he's in a hospital so I can do without.
Remember, anyone can suggest actions for any character.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »

Does no one in the forum have an idea of what Phillip should do? Even a simple" Phillip should keep doing what he is doing right now" would be better than nothing...
Am I being pushy?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2012, 06:06:14 pm »

"Phillip"

Phillip begins walking along the wall looking to see if he can find somebody to help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2012, 06:35:56 pm »

"Victor"
Continue looking for Daren , Pick up a back pack or duffel bag if i find one and place all food , water and anything useful as a weapon within the bag
Gretchen keeps looking for Daren. [2] She is unsuccessful. [1] You find a duffel bag, but a rat crawls out and [5] bites Victor's hand.

Augh, this is NOT the time to get lost. All the times I've been around this city in the night, and I can't even begin to stumble towards a goddamn road out of here!

Eric Romani: Continue search along the barricades
[1] Eric manages to get lost, somehow ending up inside the She'd Aquarium. He can hear the dolphins chattering, asking for food.

Jessica tells her mom to go on without her, she'll make it back.

Go with the police...for now. If there's a chance to escape, take it.
Jess's mom tries to embrace her daughter, but the police separate them. Jess watches as she goes through the barrier before it is sealed with another concrete mold.
The police order the crowd, crying out reasons why they should be let out, to disperse. As they do, Jess catches the address of a hospital the sick people are being told to go to. They're supposed to be tested, and if they test negative for the disease they'll be let out of Chicago!

"Phillip"

Phillip begins walking along the wall looking to see if he can find somebody to help.
Phillip walks along the wall, noticing [4] some guy shouting about why they're all leaving the wall.
"Quarantine's going up early," Phillip replies. "We don't see any reason to keep manning the wall right now."
"...Can I leave?"
"Get over the wall and don't leave Chicago, and sure."
The guy charges at the wall and [6] leaps up over the wall with the grace of an Olympic athlete and lands with the grace of a brick. Oops.

Robert lies in his hospital bed, where some overworked doctors in biohazard suits have begun setting his leg.

Everyone in Chicago hears the announcement over some sort of public PA or a sound-projecting aircraft:
"Chicago is now under quarantine. Do not attempt to leave the city. Those who are healthy may go to a hospital where they will be tested. Healthy citizens will be let out of quarantine if they apply in the next 24 hours and 10 minutes.

There are 10 minutes left this turn. What do these five luckless souls do?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2012, 07:56:48 pm »

" Victor "

Laugh and pick the rat up and rub it behind the ear before putting it down in the nearest open room, continue searching room to room and for Darren and place any food or drink i find that is not perishable into the duffel bag as i go.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:50 pm »

Eric buries his face into his palm, The Aquarium. If anything I've only wandered further from the border. 10 minutes til' noon, but whoever's enacting this quarantine is letting healthy people out. I ain't sick, so no point in fighting the border patrol anymore.

Eric Romani: Find a hospital!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2012, 06:10:53 am »

Fun Fact: The Sheds aquarium is actually on the Museum Campus, so while ending up inside is a much more amusing failure, Eric's technically just as far from the barricades as you were earlier.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2012, 10:10:37 pm »

Phillip and Jess need actions. An action for Robert would be nice, too. Anyone can post an action for any character.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2012, 11:51:04 pm »

Go with the police, and hope to god you don't have this 'disease'
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 03:16:01 am »

(( If nothing is done by tonight ill post actions for them when i get home from work.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10