Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Space Sandbox (Nov 21, 2012)  (Read 28880 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Sandbox (Oct 03, 2012)
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2012, 10:03:05 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but I just tried it.

It's pretty cool!  I like it a lot.  I needs work but it has a lot of potential!  Makes me want to work on my own unity game, hehe

So a few things that bothered me:

I can't have ships around multiple planets.  I wish I could break up the swarm and attack multiple places at once, but I can only seem to move them as a big group.

There is no fast forward button to make the eating go faster

There is no way to produce ships from the ground

Minerals would be a nice feature, to make ships or other things from the ground

Something to do with your ground troops once they have eaten everything would be nice.  Maybe a way to put them into transports?  Who knows.

We need a mothership, hehehehehe.  Maybe that's how you move guys off planet?  Who knows, it's awesome though.

Anyway thanks a ton for this
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:53 am »

I actually really like the strategic decisions that comes from the cubes not being able to leave a planet.
It encourages the player to not just attack with everything, but be smart about it instead.

sfighrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2012, 05:00:05 am »

I can't have ships around multiple planets.  I wish I could break up the swarm and attack multiple places at once, but I can only seem to move them as a big group.

Just made this. Will be in the next version.

There is no fast forward button to make the eating go faster

Keys + and - on numpad

There is no way to produce ships from the ground

And this will not be possible in the future, sorry :)

Minerals would be a nice feature, to make ships or other things from the ground

Minerals will be upgrades for space swarm units.

Something to do with your ground troops once they have eaten everything would be nice.  Maybe a way to put them into transports?  Who knows.
Transport? What did you mean?

We need a mothership, hehehehehe.  Maybe that's how you move guys off planet?  Who knows, it's awesome though.

There is big worms in the game, but they AI is not ready. So, wait please :)

Anyway thanks a ton for this
Thank you too for the review :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:05:49 am by sfighrath »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 08:44:02 am »

I actually really like the strategic decisions that comes from the cubes not being able to leave a planet.
It encourages the player to not just attack with everything, but be smart about it instead.
Mostly this.

One feature i would like added is that your ground units dont instantly attack turrets when they land, but instead wait to multiply enough so that they can actually damage the turret. Kinda usefull when there's a turret on every side of the planet.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:45 am »

The cubes don't attack turrets.  The cubes just go in one direction until they hit a mountain, then they turn around.  So to prevent cubes from attacking a turret, you'd really just need a "do not enter" button, which would prevent cubes from taking the next jump into a forbidden tile.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2012, 09:28:29 am »

That would work too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sfighrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »

I think about "do not enter button" too. But now you can control your ground units by capillary tower building - you can gather they and brake then.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

Yes, but they go in random directions, so half of your cubes will head towards the turret anyways.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2012, 02:22:13 pm »

Snazzy game, I like the simplicity of it. I know a few friends who'd like it too.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2012, 02:32:57 pm »

I think about "do not enter button" too. But now you can control your ground units by capillary tower building - you can gather they and brake then.

Yes, but they go in random directions, so half of your cubes will head towards the turret anyways.

Also if it's on top of water they wont make a tower.  I think girlinhat is right, we do need a do not enter area button.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

sfighrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »

There is not random direction. Ground units save directions before building capillary towers and restore its after brake tower.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2012, 03:43:14 pm »

There is not random direction. Ground units save directions before building capillary towers and restore its after brake tower.

I guess he is saying you cant set a direction, at least not intuitively.

sfighrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2012, 03:51:47 pm »

Also if it's on top of water they wont make a tower.  I think girlinhat is right, we do need a do not enter area button.

Tower needs a normal ground for building :) But when you dry the water then you can build a tower. "Do not enter" buttons will be in top corners of planet sectors - in left and right sides. When it active ground units cannot leave the sector and have to change the moving direction.

I guess he is saying you cant set a direction, at least not intuitively.

Try to feel a game because you are an under mind of the swarm :) He-he, it was a joke. Wait for a magic "do not enter" button :)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2012, 10:44:57 am »

so how is it coming along?

sfighrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »