Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Integrating Mayday tileset into Masterwork DF ?  (Read 3091 times)

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Integrating Mayday tileset into Masterwork DF ?
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:26 am »

Has anyone done it?

How to do it?
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Integrating Mayday tileset into Masterwork DF ?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:00:04 pm »

Bump; I love how Mayday's military look, and don't like the Phoebus ones (look like power rangers to me). Is it possible to replace one by the other ? How to do it ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:37 pm »

Its possible. Just download the mod, the tilesset and change all the tilenumbers in the raws to those fitting the mayday tileset. Just takes a few hours, maybe 5 or 10 or so, depending how many programs you use for it. Like beyond compare or winmerge. Good luck and have fun.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:32:33 am »

It takes like 15 minutes actually if you do not count the workshops :D.

Plant, animal and stone tiles are very easy to change.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:48 am »

It takes 15 minutes if you only have to do vanilla entries AND they are in the same order in the raws ^^ If I could do it in 15 mins for the mod I would have done so long ago...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 01:55:29 pm »

You just click selected tiles on the tileset and move onto another entry, why would it be long?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:29 pm »

Its possible. Just download the mod, the tilesset and change all the tilenumbers in the raws to those fitting the mayday tileset. Just takes a few hours, maybe 5 or 10 or so, depending how many programs you use for it. Like beyond compare or winmerge. Good luck and have fun.

I am a big noob about modding and stuff. But If I understand you correctly, have I just to reimplace the initial/undesired lines of text (about phoebus militaria) by the other ones (the mayday version) ? For example, have I to reimplace [RECRUIT:PHOEBUS_D:0:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] (phoebus) by copy/pasting [RECRUIT:DORFS:0:6:AS_IS:DEFAULT] (mayday) ?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

I am a big noob about modding and stuff. But If I understand you correctly, have I just to reimplace the initial/undesired lines of text (about phoebus militaria) by the other ones (the mayday version) ? For example, have I to reimplace [RECRUIT:PHOEBUS_D:0:12:AS_IS:DEFAULT] (phoebus) by copy/pasting [RECRUIT:DORFS:0:6:AS_IS:DEFAULT] (mayday) ?

If you're only talking about modding the Dwarf creature graphics, you're on the right track.  You need also to modify

[TILE_PAGE: ]
   [FILE: ]
   [TILE_DIM: : ]
   [PAGE_DIM: : ]

so that they point to the graphics that you want.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »

MightyDorf: The way you want to do it only works for creature sprites, which are in the graphics folder. There is also the data/art folder, which the tileset. For these changes you have to do what smakemupagus described, go into the raws and change the tile-numbers, mostly for inorganics, plants, vermin and tools.

MightyDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 05:45:54 pm »

MightyDorf: The way you want to do it only works for creature sprites, which are in the graphics folder.

Yes, the lines I mentionned earlier referred to the df/raws/graphic folder. But it's just the phoebus dwarf military sprite that bothers me (especially the militia commander/captain/elite sprites). I have no prob with the rest.

There is also the data/art folder, which the tileset.

I see it. Is it necessary to import the mayday tilsets into this folder ?

For these changes you have to do what smakemupagus described, go into the raws and change the tile-numbers, mostly for inorganics, plants, vermin and tools.

Do you mean I must reimplace, for example in the df/raw/object/inorganic stone layer from masterwork

[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:siltstone][DISPLAY_COLOR:7:6:0][TILE:'%']

by the [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:siltstone][DISPLAY_COLOR:6:7:0][TILE:28]

... from the df/raw/object/inorganic stone layer of mayday ? Or its solely the number in the [TILE...] that I need to change ? And why repeating the same thing for the plants/vermins/tools, since it's only the militaria sprites that bother me ? (sorry for the silly questions, it really is the first time I try to open the matrix :-[ )
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:52:25 pm by MightyDorf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 06:18:03 pm »

MightyDorf: The way you want to do it only works for creature sprites, which are in the graphics folder. There is also the data/art folder, which the tileset. For these changes you have to do what smakemupagus described, go into the raws and change the tile-numbers, mostly for inorganics, plants, vermin and tools.
Or use raw tile selector and do it 100 times faster.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 06:48:26 pm »

If its just the creature sprites, you dont need the tileset at all. You just copy the sprites into the graphics folder and replace the old graphics.txt as well. You can fully ignore everything that has to do with data/art, the tileset, the raws and the init, nothing to do there for you.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:43 am »

Yep, but don't forget that if you want a tileset, Raw Tile Selector is the tool you need.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬