Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 114209 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2015, 06:05:04 pm »

Huh.
Almost completely forgot about that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 14, 2015, 06:52:14 pm »

Huh? How's this a scam?
You want the Bay12 forums, not the Bay23 forums.  Which makes me wonder how this post is here but whatever.

23's the wierd proxy one that was made to get around the firewalls some nations put up and has bots post posts from here there and there here, remember?
ah yes.. Ironically, I think the way that nonproliferation act was implemented spawned more AI than it prevented.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 15, 2015, 10:07:07 pm »

which will prevent any significant tech advances beyond around 1400CE.  Once this point is reached, any natural philosophers (since the word "scientist" itself isn't coined yet)
Bear in mind the simulation's language development doesn't necessarily conform to our own history, and that word might well have come about by then.
((I have always found it really strange that there's a damn 500 year gap between the coining of the word science itself and the attachment of that particular suffix..))
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 08, 2015, 10:50:50 pm »

New versionnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAA CARPCARPCARP THE BUGS HAVE
--HTTP error 00000000:Connection flooded with bugs.--

*misc. squishing noises*

Sorry, had to reboot.

I should learn to unhook the peripherals before playing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 08, 2015, 10:53:51 pm »

.....Did you just make the scyther-carp? I told you that combining the 2 deadliest killers (cancer and carp) would be to horrifying to be FUN.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 08, 2015, 10:55:05 pm »

No.
The bugs got into my Hypernet connection.
Sigtext

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 09, 2015, 01:32:35 am »

Now, I know you guys are gonna call me a space-racist for it, but I'm saying it anyway:

Dwarf Fortress hasn't been the same since Toady added Zorklons to the game. Oh sure, the Detrites were nice; all the hype over meeting aliens in those early days kind of glazed over any objection, but Zorklons?
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Codyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 09, 2015, 03:39:40 am »

Version 1.13 is amazing, Toady finally made some performance fixes for the first time in decades! Worlds can generate 30 years of history in just 15 minutes! And the performance in fortress mode doubled from 10 FPS to 20!

(P.S. what's with all the space\21st century technology features? This is a medieval fantasy game)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:41:46 am by Codyo »

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 09, 2015, 05:20:02 am »

In the other news, I've properly fixed the technology development. You should require about 300 years of world-gen to end up with iron-working, and about 600 to produce steel. Both technologies can be invented in the players fortress as well as soon as year 1 (no limits apply). The chance of acquiring that technologies is based on scientist's mental attributes, his preferences & partially on your fort history. Some events may grant the non-scientist dwarves insight, similiar to mood mechanics.

(I'd hope to see this kind of stuff much, much earlier tho).

Edit: Boo! Im a sniper. Intented to go to devlog thread.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 09, 2015, 10:38:03 am »

I'm so happy to have version 1.3! Now we can actually cut the hairs off of our enemies and weave them into wigs, and then sometimes they get infested with lice! We can send the military to kill the lice, and then the dorfs will start throwing tantrums because they respected that lice as a part of their wig.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:17 pm »

I'm not sure that latest update is that good, i thought it was a bad idea that Toady decided to change the worldgen to follow Earth's development more closely and require millions of years of generation to reach playable adventure and fortress mode.

I gave up after a couple of hour when my worldgen only reached 14000 years, and it's still in the Hadean eon stage of the worldgen, Toady really went overboard with the new version, can't even play an adventurer or a fort yet.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 09, 2015, 02:33:50 pm »

I'm not sure that latest update is that good, i thought it was a bad idea that Toady decided to change the worldgen to follow Earth's development more closely and require millions of years of generation to reach playable adventure and fortress mode.

I gave up after a couple of hour when my worldgen only reached 14000 years, and it's still in the Hadean eon stage of the worldgen, Toady really went overboard with the new version, can't even play an adventurer or a fort yet.
Just play as a Racnoss while world-gen continues in the background.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 09, 2015, 03:02:02 pm »

There's an option in init to start with a few preset planets, Dirst.
You can also define your own.
Sigtext

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 09, 2015, 03:05:37 pm »

try going into the world raws and giving Chthonic races [Playable]. It should at least unlock Forgotten Beast adventure mode. of course, Pre-biotic worlds aren't terribly interesting to wander.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 09, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »

try going into the world raws and giving Chthonic races [Playable]. It should at least unlock Forgotten Beast adventure mode. of course, Pre-biotic worlds aren't terribly interesting to wander.
However, if you can get one Chthonic civ to build a rocket, you can probably colonize Venus.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48