Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile Bones?  (Read 1052 times)

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpile Bones?
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

How do i get just bones put in a stock pile and not other refuse?

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile Bones?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

I assume you've looked at "t" custom stockpiles, no?

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

Bones always go in refuse stockpiles, but you can create a refuse stockpile that only takes bones.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:53:44 pm »

Custom stockpile, bones is one of the options.  In case it's new to you:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Stockpiles#Custom_stockpiles

Highlighting a stockpile with q, then pressing s will allow you to adjust the stockpile settings or in the p menu you can press t to adjust a custom stockpiles settings before placing it with c. Note that many sub-menus consist of several pages ( the 'other' menu of stone e.g. consists of several pages while 'metal ores' and 'economic' consist of only one ).

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 02:38:32 am »

The problem is that i tell them to only bones in and they just put everything in
i've forbidden evrything but bone in the stock lpie

thiosk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 03:03:42 am »

Standing orders, o button.

Hit r

The default seems to be ignore refuse outside.  When I told the, to pick it up, more skulls than I'd seen this side of morrowwind appeared all over my piles.

This is also where you can set it so they dump the corpses you assigned for dumping.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11:11 am »

I never use stockpiles for bones.  I leave them in the butcher's shop until needed.  If I get so many that the butcher's shop becomes cluttered, I just dump them (quantum stockpile) on a single tile right outside the craft shop (which is just a few tiles away from the butcher's shop).

If I had some sort of ethical qualm against quantum dumping, I would simply deconstruct the butcher's shop and rebuild it.  This would cause all the bones to be moved out of the way.

In fact I never use refuse stockpiles at all unless it's a clothing stockpile with the refuse category "enabled" but no refuse actually allowed.  I manually (quantum) dump any non-dwarven corpses that are created below ground, to avoid miasma.  That's it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz