Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SPOILERS! Fighting the Circus  (Read 3512 times)

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILERS! Fighting the Circus
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:39 am »

I have no personal experience with this, but in the 2010 versions of DF they did get sick from other FB's syndorme causing blood/spittle/whatever.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:31 am »

immune to  syndromes i believe

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 09:30:56 am »

I assumed they only resisited their own poisons... or maybe ones with effects similar to what they infect.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 05:26:55 pm »

Wait, FBs and titans are immune to syndromes?
Unless you modded something in then yeah. It's because all of the syndromes in vanilla DF target [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON], and none of the procedurally generated creatures (such as FB's, titans, and demons), have [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON].

Then how come I have FBs with rotting feet in my caves?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 05:29:15 pm »

Look, see if clowns get affected by your opal quadruped's spittle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 07:10:48 pm »

If you can control the "flow" of clowns, you can fight them quite normally with your military. Just let them out a few at a time. it's like fighting unlimited FBs. You will need a source of steel for armor, a dwarf-washer, and a good crew of doctors, and probably a danger room to train up new recruits if you're impatient to get them into the battle. Syndrome control is essential. You will also want to have a way to deal with flame attacks and burning dwarves.

Yes, I've done this successfully. It's actually quite a bit of fun, as well as being potential Fun.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 10:57:48 pm »

Copy Aussie and make the Dwarven Checkerboard.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »

My favorite has always been this experimental weapon: The Dwarven Machine Gun. It's kinda like Rods of God except it depends on cave-in dust knocking everything to pieces rather than a direct hit of the rods.

It is a self sustaining, continuous cave-in system that exploits cave-in physics where the cave-in "space" also registers as the magma. IE, the space also fills up with some magma when the cave in takes place. A spacious tube is dug right down to the magma sea, and a contraption at the top is built where water and magma is mixed in an unsupported floating tile that forms the rods that would fall into the magma sea causing the splashing of the magma and the highly deadly cave-in forces.

Since cave-ins cause the material impacted at the bottom to be filled up as the "dust" of the cave-in, pumps around the edges can pick up the splashed up magma in order to refuel the rod. The only down side is that you would have to make sure the clowns walk or fly through this place for this immobile weapon to work.
Pages: 1 2 [3]