Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecarts and stockpiles. Items no longer stack?  (Read 778 times)

urbn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Minecarts and stockpiles. Items no longer stack?
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:42:23 pm »

Hi folks.

So in my previous fort I have a very sophisticated cart/workshop setup that involved carts dumping into 1x1 stockpiles, and items having an infinite item limit.

I updated DF and started a new fort and have now spent days attempting to re-create a similar setup.  The problem is the carts will not dump into the stockpile.   Has something recently changed where  minecarts do not automatically dump into a stockpile, or if the stockpile needs to have available space?  Currently I have a dozen carts/rails with full minecarts sitting at stops setup to dump but the items never leave / are removed from the carts.

Anyone know if there was a recent change that carts that I didn't see?

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecarts and stockpiles. Items no longer stack?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:48:51 pm »

Did you remember to set the dump direction when you created the stops? (Kind of "Is it plugged in?")

urbn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecarts and stockpiles. Items no longer stack?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:35:58 pm »

Sigh.  Damn that is setup when you place the stop isn't it?  Yep I'm sure that is the problem since I remember spam placing all the stops when I was setting up my factory.  I even removed / re-added stops without seeing that setting again.

Thanks man, you saved me several hours I'm sure of trying to figure out this issue.