Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Playing as a dragon in adventure mode  (Read 5827 times)

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Playing as a dragon in adventure mode
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

I've historically done poorly in adventure mode, and in order to make things interesting, I want to play as a Dragon. I've tried going into the creature raws and adding [ADVENTURE_TIER:4] and [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] in order to do this, but it doesn't seem to work; when I start adventure mode I only get options for dwarves, humans, and elves.

This is my first ever attempt at modding, so does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:33:08 pm by Pyro627 »
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

*I hope. It could just be lulling me into a false sense of security.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as a dragon in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:50:00 pm »

You're putting entity tokens into a creature. Check entity_default.txt to see what I mean.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 06:51:31 pm »

You need to create an entity with the dragon in it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 06:53:46 pm »

You need to create an entity with the dragon in it.

So if I just copy the modified dragon entry into entity_default and it should work?

Edit: So I think it worked. It offered me the option to play as an animal man, though, so I'm probably about to have some crazy fun.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:01:31 pm by Pyro627 »
Here's a tip, though... Use Russian characters in your WPA5 passphrase. If your spontaneous AI is anything like my spontaneous AI (not as aggressive as yours, good conversation, but actually worse than me at chess*), it can't handle any character outside of the CODEPAGE 437 list.

spigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »

What you need is a dummy entity with the dragon as the creature, like so:

Code: [Select]
entity_dragon

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:DRAGON]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[ADVENTURER_TIER:4]
[CREATURE:DRAGON]

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »

Ahah, thank you.

I think it might have worked the way I did it, but I can't seem to open doors.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »

That's because dragons can't open doors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

That's because dragons lack CANOPENDOORS. Try breathing fire at the door.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 07:15:19 pm »

I would but I can't figure out how to breath fire.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:21:56 pm »

Press "x" and look through the menus.

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:42 pm »

Thank you, you've all been vary helpful!

chewie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 04:26:20 am »

On a related note, aren't Dragons [BUILDINGDESTROYER]s? Can we do that in adventure mode?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 06:24:36 am »

Not to my knowledge.
Sig

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:04 am »

Yep. Furthermore, as far as I can tell, alder doors are completely and utterly immune to the effects of magical, all-consuming dragonfire.

Edit: You can change this by simply adding [CANOPENDOORS] to the creature raws, of course.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:36:37 am by Pyro627 »

Pyro627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »

Okay, another minor problem: Dragons can't grip anything, and apparently can't eat by extension.

So how do I make dragons able to grasp with their jaws?

Furthermore, will dragon adventurers be able to butcher sapients if I adjust their ethics? Could I make it so that they can eat corpses and body parts without butchering?

Pages: [1] 2