Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Syndicate: OOC/Discussion Thread  (Read 4948 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Syndicate: OOC/Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 11:11:45 pm »

LIVEEEEEEE!!!!!!

So, I'm gonna go robbing, after recruiting some people.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 11:25:26 pm »

Buying them is legal. Carrying them without a concealed weapons permit on the other hand is illegal. I can look into the local laws for permits if you want next turn.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 11:28:26 pm »

I'm planning to make my character the enforcer of the gang,the guy who would attract heat and eliminate our enemies. But, alas, I'm on the waitlist now, so I'm really not that important any-of-ways.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2014, 11:30:10 pm »

Buying them is legal. Carrying them without a concealed weapons permit on the other hand is illegal. I can look into the local laws for permits if you want next turn.

For simplicity and accessibility, Wikipedia outlines the kind of Gun Laws I will be using for the game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 11:37:45 pm »

As long as it's carried openly it's legal. But carrying it openly in our case it's near suicidal we're so out numbered and out gunned we need to avoid looking like a threat.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2014, 12:04:43 am »

As those of you who played last game know, Aaron is kinda like a wildcard. I'm going to focus him this game a bit differently, though, and he'll be working mostly out of the base, doing things from conning patrons out of cash, training footsoldiers, and acting as second eyes for everyone in the field once he gets his tech back up.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2014, 01:47:47 am »

I'd like to fill out a role similar to what Sabertooth wants to do once he joins up.  Someone who mainly focuses on fighting our gang's enemies and protecting our turf.  Like a Sergeant for our street soldiers.

When we're not fighting something I figure I could be something of a scout for the Syndicate.  Sneaking around on other gang's turf, dropping our tag when needed, keeping watch over our own territory.  I feel like that kind of stuff would be helpful and fun to do.
Of course when I tried doing stuff like that in the first game I ended up smashing a pizza into a Vice Lord's face and inadvertently started a fire in our HQ, but this time will be different!  Right guys!?...
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 02:03:23 am »

Of course when I tried doing stuff like that in the first game I ended up smashing a pizza into a Vice Lord's face and inadvertently started a fire in our HQ, but this time will be different!  Right guys!?...
"RIGHT-O!"

Besides, you'll have someone watching over you soon enough. Literally.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 02:36:58 am »

"RIGHT-O!"

Besides, you'll have someone watching over you soon enough. Literally.

Thanks for the reassuring words Big Brother Aaron!

As those of you who played last game know, Aaron is kinda like a wildcard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos&feature=kp
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:41:14 am by GraveHaunter92 »
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 10:48:06 am »

I may try to purchase that manor as my private residence once I have a couple of things set up. It seems to fit nicely for what I have in mind.
Caine's law.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 03:14:38 pm »

I may need you guys to avoid claiming protection money from some businesses in our immediate area I'm going to use a few to get myself a small source of additional income all nice and legal so I have a bit of cash on hand to persuade people to comply with me.
Caine's law.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »

You really won't have to worry about that. We will have that communal stockpile of cash after all.

Besides, we don't even know the area yet. We should wait until, say, the first turn to plan our second run as The Syndicate. Then we'll have a bit more info and we can actually do stuff.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 04:43:41 pm »

I know, but I can't take much of that money and I won't be adding anything into it so I want to get my own income set up rather then draining yours. If I deposit money to you guys it leaves a trail that could be used to hang me if anybody were to discover it and my role in the group requires that nobody know I'm anything more then a lawyer you happened to hire, I could explain away the odd use of the money as a retaining fee you pay to keep me on hand but to often and it looks suspicious.

Then if I was to put money into it then anybody who noticed would instantly know I was involved more then a lawyer should be because it's the only answer for why I'd be giving you money.
All in all I need a good steady source of income that doesn't go through the rest of you.

I also need to invest in some businesses to begin building a reputation for that kind of thing so that when I start doing it in the territory of the other gangs it will look totally natural and on top of giving me some additional funds it'll give me a discreet means to keep an eye on whats going on in other areas. Especially since I plan to do it in a fair few shops that sell a large variety of weapons.
If known gang members suddenly start buying a lot of guns and ammo it's a pretty good indication that they're about to move against another gang and if I can discover who a discreet warning turns a 1 sided slaughter into a bloodbath that puts a nice dent in both of the gangs power.

My initial plan though is to find a job, see what money I can get from my accounts and then if it's not enough I'll use my credit score which should be pretty sweet to get a bank loan and buy that manor so I can begin fostering my appearance as a wealthy and talented lawyer on top of having a place thats secure to work from for both of my side projects.

One of the fortunate things about acting legally is that I can plan a long way ahead fairly easily because I don't have to worry about other gangs or the police coming after me because I'm not a threat to them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:57:39 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 11:15:27 pm »

I get the feeling I won't be doing all that much to help you guys. If this goes the way the previous game did your going to commit so many crimes you'll be lucky if I can get you life in prison rather then the death penalty.
Caine's law.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 11:31:54 pm »

Hey, prisons are escapeable, right? Besides, only characters like me will attract heat, and I expect my character to rather be shot in the back by a redneck, than arrested. I'm going into kidnapping important figures of enemy gangs, have my way with them, then leave in the open them as a message. I'll be shot on sight anyway.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7