Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Syndicate: OOC/Discussion Thread  (Read 4943 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Syndicate: OOC/Discussion Thread
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

Here's the discussion thread so you guys don't clog up the game thread.

Enjoy.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Syndicate: OOC/Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:54:34 pm »

Thanks mate.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:04:10 pm »

I would like to Suggest That we each give a rough outline of our plans so we know what everybody is going to be doing and if we can help each other out.
Some of you already know my plan but ill outline it here anyway so everybody knows.

I plan on playing Syndicate security / General.
In effect ill bring in soldier's train them up get them equipped and focus my efforts on minor crimes within our territory and on killing or recruiting all criminals within that area.
And on driving out anybody affiliated with a gang that we are not on friendly terms with then on maintaining our security until you guys are ready to expand.

My initial plan is to begin recruiting and start building up a security force which ill put to work on minor crimes while i gather up the necessary man power for a purge. In the purge ill attempt to recruit any and all criminals within our area not affiliated with another gang.
Any that refuse ill either kidnap , or remove from our territory by force ( as per your suggestions previously ill avoid lethal means except as a last resort )
Beyond getting our territory secured i intend to focus largely on my recruitment.
If its possible im going to take 50% of the men i recruit and keep them purely under my command for petty crimes and border security. ( Assuming this is possible in the game. )
25% will go directly into Syndicate control.
And the final 25% some will go to people who have helped me get the recruitment going free of charge.
The rest ill split into groups of 5.
1 Knight and 4 foot soldiers and then ill sell them off to the rest of you for a small price.
The money from that will go directly into recruiting and equipping further men.
Ill also be attempting to build small groups of between 2-4 heavily combat oriented men for use as bodyguards they will free to all kings once i have enough of them.
Ill be keeping 4 everybody else if they dont want to recruit there own im happy to provide them to as blank slates or if they'd prefer ill put them to work and then provide them later on once they have some basic skills.

Thats my current early game plan in a nut shell.

If anybody has any problems with this or would like to work with me on it or add some extra objectives to my plan then let me know and im happy to edit my plan accordingly.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »

Now then, let the bloodshed begin.

Character Plan:
Diplomat/Talker

Goal:
Help with recruitment and manipulation of other gangs.

Detailed plan:

Seduce. Sabotage. Sneak. Swag.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 05:07:25 pm »

Keep the seduction away from me please :P.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »

RTDs are the type of games where long term planning isn't necessary. Plans fail. Why not just make it up as we go along?

Say, if you end up getting a roll that destroys your plans completely.

Shrug it off, get a new idea.

I'm just gonna go my own way in this one.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »

I like to know what im aiming to get done.
I can adapt the plan as needed depending on how the rolls go but this way i have a guideline.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »

I'll work the money, don't want to be cheated do we.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 05:18:03 pm »

Hah works for me.
Ill send back a portion of all the money i make to you for you to do whatever you want with to get us up and running.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 06:03:34 pm »

I'll focus on getting a transportation fleet going (read- carjackings), and also do some peaceful recruiting via offering help or jobs to those who are down on their luck.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 06:05:32 pm »

K ill let you know if i get anyone who has any driving skills then.
If i get any specalist recruits ill post it in here and we can see who needs there skills.
All i really need is fighter's and a few sneaks and spys.

Can you try to get a big van and a couple of land rovers please?

I can use them for robbery's once ive got a decent group of men with me plus i can get a few men started on driving skills.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:27:39 pm by mesor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

You know, I DO have some skill in driving. Not much, but it's there. All I need is an actual car though :P

As for planning in an RTD, depends on the complexity and plot. Even then, it's good to have a general outline on what you want to try and achieve.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:39:03 pm »

Hmm once ive got a little group of fighters and we've got a couple cars and a truck a few of us could work together to rob a few small shops and get a nice cash boost and get a few recruits trained in robbery.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:42:18 pm by mesor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 06:53:26 pm »

Hmm. I would reccomend that you do protection gambits instead. Less of a mess, and more menacing.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 06:54:28 pm »

Can make them both work :).
Thats why im going for recruitment in numbers the more men i have the more jobs i can have going at once.
Why not rob the shop first then you can go in after that and sell the protection racket?
Double pay out.

Or we could set up then you try to sell the racket if they agree we move on if they refuse we rob them then you try again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:00:40 pm by mesor »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7