Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.  (Read 14771 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:17 pm »

Well I rather like the look of the first map myself, I mean unless we have aerial view monsters or something to make highly detailed maps.  Maybe based on what the map is of and the quality of it you could use one or the other, tourism type maps and cheap ones would use the one with less detail, while as other 'work-of-art' maps could use the secondary?
Honestly either way that was an awesome first turn!
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 06:15:27 pm »

Yeah, prefer the first one. Second seems too detailed for the sake of detail, harder to make without really telling us anything more.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:19 pm »

@Suggestion for map: I prefer the first one, because it looks more like a map and the extra detailing isn't really needed. The first also helps in immersion, since it is something our characters would have on them.

Also, I liked the first turn, it was a really good start already. :P

@Suggestion: If the player data for each character was in only one spoiler, it would save space from the turn, since we would have six spoilers, one for each character.

@Suggestion for race lore: Demonkin?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:10:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

My suggestion for map, if workload is not a problem for you, is # 2, although I am currently very outnumbered here.
I feel that it would be a little bit more helpful, and, if technology of some kind is around in the time period we are fighting in, they could end up being holographic images.

As for Race preference for lore, I think the Demonkin is a good race to start with.
...I'm not picking it because I'm one.
>_>

<_<
Totally not.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

yeah like I kinda was trying to get at, if in game they could produce maps like #2 that would be awesome.  Otherwise give us what you think THEY could give us.  Also, for Lore I would say Demonkin followed by Orcs.  I would like to know whether those two races are as hated and hunted as they are in other fantasy settings or whether its a bit more Elder Scrolls style; Everyone dislikes everyone but we can all live together... sometimes.
Nom nom nom

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 10:56:12 pm »

Gyeeh...Well, YouTube is a no-go for me, but I can play without a map, right?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 05:44:55 am »

To sum up the videos.
Style 1 looks like this, but imagine it in a fantasy world, closer look and big city names and/or village names.

Style 2 is like Style 1 but with RGB colours and more details unlike style one which will have an brownish-orange colour and city/villages names only. So you can see the mountains,rivers, cities, roads. It's more of an overview but it takes away the Roleplaying part in my opinion, cause you can see nearly everything instead of discovering it somehow.. However if i make map with style one you can perhaps print it out, or edit it with paint to add mountains and villages which you discover in your journeys.
Durrr..

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 08:34:44 am »

So can I claim one of the reserve spots? =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

Hello guys!

-Demon-kin lore finished!
-Please suggest next lore!
-updated item descriptions in the RTD!

So can I claim one of the reserve spots? =P

Sure why not, i think you're at place 6. Gotta edit it sometime soon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:42:07 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 11:46:55 am »

...I like it. Next, the....Orcs? Or maybe the cow-people, even if nobody is currently using it?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 12:06:39 pm »

Orcs please, i'd rather like to know a basis for how my character should behave based on racial lore/ideals :D
Nom nom nom

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »

To sum up the videos.
Style 1 looks like this, but imagine it in a fantasy world, closer look and big city names and/or village names.

Style 2 is like Style 1 but with RGB colours and more details unlike style one which will have an brownish-orange colour and city/villages names only. So you can see the mountains,rivers, cities, roads. It's more of an overview but it takes away the Roleplaying part in my opinion, cause you can see nearly everything instead of discovering it somehow.. However if i make map with style one you can perhaps print it out, or edit it with paint to add mountains and villages which you discover in your journeys.

Hm, thanks bro. I'm not into the role-playing thing anyways, but the second one sounds nice.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 04:22:50 pm »

Kickass =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

I vote for orcs next, since our commander(?) is an orc, and he doesn't seem like an evil brutish monster thing. After that I'm torn between gnomes and foxfolk. Lizardman lore could probably be neglected forever, since we don't have any real lizard folk. We already got a lot of human lore from the demonkin lore, so I'm thinking that can be held off for a bit too.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:19:21 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

"Fox-folk" is pretty lame. Humans with kitty ears, nyaa nyaa. Seems to be it. Gnomes are the cool shit right there. Proficient mages and capable of utilizing advanced mechanics and steampunk-esque tech? Hell yes!

I'm kinda wishing that I rolled a Kender, though. Those guys are ALWAYS interesting.

"Cat girls" Pros/Cons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glorious Gnomes Pros/Cons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:05:58 pm by Caerwyn »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10