Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.  (Read 14751 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD : Discussion thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »

Aren't you mixing gnomes and dwarves right there? :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »

...No? Definitely not. Dwarves are awesome in their own rights, but let's see a dwarf create a bolt-shooting turret out of cogs and crossbows. Plus, dwarves+magic? PHHHBTCHahahaha.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 09:23:41 pm »

You forgot how they're conveniently sized as meatballs. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 05:17:52 am »

Cat people aren't just people with ears, and tails. Imagine them as the khajit from the elder scrolls.
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 11:59:13 am »

Kitsune are considered people with fox-ears and tails. Generally. Some furry lovers take it farther, though.

Dunno, Im not that knowledgeable in that area

יייייייי

DAMN YOU VISTA.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 12:02:14 pm »

Wait, are they fur-covered?

Cause I'm not going to be able to stop imagining them as Teemos if they're fur-covered.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

My type isn't a theriantrope. So no, Tatsuo isn't fur covered, just the ears, fangs, tail and a little of behavior shenanigans.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 01:01:52 pm »

That's cool, Caellath. It's always disturbing when people are into the whole anthropomorphic animal things. And, they look NOTHING like your picture, Irony.

A Kitsune is a fox, that can magically transform into a woman, or so it's said. They usually retain a few minor animal characteristics, as Caellath said. Ears, tails, the fangs, plus the behavior. They're also considered very unlucky, and very evil, by the way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 01:41:01 pm »

That's cool, Caellath. It's always disturbing when people are into the whole anthropomorphic animal things. And, they look NOTHING like your picture, Irony.

A Kitsune is a fox, that can magically transform into a woman, or so it's said. They usually retain a few minor animal characteristics, as Caellath said. Ears, tails, the fangs, plus the behavior. They're also considered very unlucky, and very evil, by the way.
Ahahahahahah, very astute of you to notice.

But no, not all kitsune are evil, unlucky or anything of the sort.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »

In Japanese myth, foxes are unlucky tricksters, who lure people to bad ends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 01:58:45 pm »

You are a biased man.

You have not known the full myth.

Go read up more. Because that isn't true.

Stereotyping is bad.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:50 pm »

You shouldn't be so easily disturbed. And yes, I'm familiar with the traditional myth, but comparing them to Khajiit raises some interesting questions. :P

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 04:05:57 pm »

You are a biased man.

You have not known the full myth.

Go read up more. Because that isn't true.

Stereotyping is bad.

Well...Er, alright, bro. They were considered unlucky in the feudal era Japan. I guess that they weren't CHAOTIC EVIL, but they weren't trying to help people. But. what do I know, compared to Tiruin, Great Foxlord? (It's said that a fox that has lived a hundred years can assume the shape of a person. It was said that, if you ran into a lone woman during dusk or night, she was a Kitsune, and would lead you to your death).

You shouldn't be so easily disturbed. And yes, I'm familiar with the traditional myth, but comparing them to Khajiit raises some interesting questions. :P

Well, alright. You're a cool person, so I don't want to argue with you. Plus, y'know, you might split my soul into multiple pieces, then "accidently" misplace them.

Beast!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 04:51:41 pm »

Blargh, people.
Cat people in my RTD = khajit-like people which are fur covered.
Foxfolk/kitsune whatever = People who have some characteristics of a fox. Like a tail,ears, not necessarily the fangs, eyes and behavior.

I'm starting to think i should write up the foxfolk lore first.
Durrr..

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 04:57:23 pm »

Blargh, people.
Cat people in my RTD = khajit-like people which are fur covered.
Foxfolk/kitsune whatever = People who have some characteristics of a fox. Like a tail,ears, not necessarily the fangs, eyes and behavior.

I'm starting to think i should write up the foxfolk lore first.

Then your orcs are more like the Elder Scrolls style, not the Warhammer 40k style?

Bleh. You're the boss, though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10