Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering  (Read 12450 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Magic: The Gathering
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 12:52:01 pm »

Only that you stick to the format you're playing :D.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:14 pm »

lol well made my first deck in it, still trying to track down how to actually play and add people :P

if anyone wants to hit my up over steam I'm steady2010  ((current username is Kilakan))
Nom nom nom

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

Did you register an account?

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 08:56:49 pm »

Whyyyyyyyy?

The server's back online, if you're up for getting swarmed with cats again :3

I am always down for getting swarmed with CATs. If anyone wants to play just send me a PM here or on Cockatrice. And we should totally get a multi-man game going.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:14 pm »

Say, just as a hypothetical, is it possible to make every player win simultaneously? I know you can make every player lose simultaneously, but the problem is finding a way to create a win condition that doesn't go on the stack.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2013, 10:35:04 pm »

Has anyone here heard of momir basic? Someone managed to make a site for doing it in cockatrice a while back. I'm always wanted to try it, but didn't feel like dropping money on mtgo. For those unaware, here's basically how it goes. Your whole deck should only contain basic land for this mode. Once per turn(some prefer no limit but most of the time you won't have enough cards to make use of that) you can pay x mana and discard a card to summon a token that is a copy of a random creature with x cmc. The site and thread are below if anyone's interested. Also players usually start with 24 life instead of 20 but that's just a part of the avatar in mtgo. I'd most like to try a multiplayer game of it. My name is Person in game as well.
http://askmomir.altervista.org/
http://forum.cockatrice.de/index.php?topic=1817.0
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 12:30:20 am »

So, with cockatrice Gone Forever, what now?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 12:49:52 am »

So, with cockatrice Gone Forever, what now?
MTGO?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2013, 01:06:50 am »

Fffffffffffffffff-

Apparently it isn't Gone Forever, but it's in hibernation while Cease and Desist resolves. Hopefully that fucker gets out of the stack with favorable results.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 07:50:59 am »

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:51:32 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:46 am »

>_______________________________>

Yeah, I was gonna avoid mentioning workarounds for what is currently legally questionable software on somebody else's forum. While tremendously improbable that it would ever come back to Toady, it still seems like poor form. I appreciate the thought behind the suggestion, but it might be a good idea to delete it from the post.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2013, 11:02:04 am »

I used to play MtG. Then the closest Gaming community shut down...

It took an Arrow to the..... nvm...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:13 am »

>_______________________________>

Yeah, I was gonna avoid mentioning workarounds for what is currently legally questionable software on somebody else's forum. While tremendously improbable that it would ever come back to Toady, it still seems like poor form. I appreciate the thought behind the suggestion, but it might be a good idea to delete it from the post.
Hum, except it is a different site and server just using the same program.  But either way you are probably correct
Nom nom nom

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

Oh, to be sure, the only thing anybody can imagine is against the law with Cockatrice is the Oracle program, which scrapes Gatherer for card info automatically, and providing an alternative server for the Cockatrice program itself should have nothing to do with that. That said, even if the legal limbo it's now in is without legitimate grounds, it's one of those headaches it's better to just avoid even potentially making an issue for Toady.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2013, 10:22:57 pm »

I used to play MTG all of the time. Like literally, every store event there was I was at it. But eventually, I realized the MTG community where I lived was terrible. It was a mix of the weirdest creepiest guys imaginable, a bunch of middle school kids, and the occasional drug addict. Pretty much turned me away from the game after awhile.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8