Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is there a way for giant insects to breed?  (Read 873 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
is there a way for giant insects to breed?
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:53 am »

i am currently playing in a savage evil/good biome which took alot of modifying the advanced world gen parameters to find but i was wondering. i am getting a ton of giant insects like. giant mosquito, giant thrips, giant louse, giant moon snail etc. i have had male and female's as trained and in pastures but they would not breed, i tried with and without nest boxes, is there a way for me to get them to breed, i would like to be able to get a meat industry set up with these animals and especially be able to breed the moon snails for their shells for shell crafts

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: is there a way for giant insects to breed?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:10:54 pm »

Giant gastropods have no gender, so hurry up and slaughter them before they die of old age!
The other bugs probably just lack the CHILD:X tag, so give them CHILD:1 in the region raws.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:08 pm »

ok here is another question then, some creatures use the vermin tags or the tags from their smaller counterparts, and these smaller counterparts do not have child tags, can i modify just the giant variation versions raw with child. or eggs? or would i have to find the raw for the smaller version first

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:42:06 pm »

You can just modify the bigger version.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:55 am »

Alternatively, you could add "[CV_REMOVE_TAG:CHILD][CV_NEW_TAG:CHILD:1]" to the "GIANT" creature variation template at the bottom of c_variation_default.txt and that would cover all giant creatures, though that will also cause giant kakapo, gray langurs, bobcats, ocelots, capuchins, sloths, spider monkeys, and lynx to mature in a single year.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:29:12 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.