Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inheritance  (Read 614 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inheritance
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:47:35 am »

So i get a bit pissed when the queen died and her perfecly fine nice did't get the job, so i though of a little tweak.

If you change the entity raws to make the monarch succesion to be [by_position:Prince] instead of [by_heir], and then you make
a new noble post (Prince), appointed by the monarch, this should allow you to chose the kings heir.
(Note: I am completely new at modding)

Any thoughts on this?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Inheritance
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:05:46 pm »

People have done similar things before in order to insure that even if the king dies there is still a "crown prince" position to carry on the bloodline.

Of course succession is currently broken IIRC, so even if it should work it wouldn't.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.