Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saving the Mayor.  (Read 517 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Saving the Mayor.
« on: September 11, 2012, 05:35:03 am »

First, a bit of a story.

Some years ago, my current fort was in hard times. But that i mean that it was in the middle of a famine an a tantrum spiral.
In a reanimating biome.
It was more or less like this:
Urist Mcmother cancells living: Starving.
Urist Mcmother corpse reanimates
Uris Mcmother corpse eats Urist Mcbaby.
Urist Mcfather goes berserk.
Etc

But alas, with the help of four legendary champion, the zombie horde was defeated, dumped in magma, and only slabs remain to remember those dark times.

Well, and the Mayor.

The mayor lost all his family, as well as both arms in the incident. Somewhow he did't slapped, maybe because he was already a bit
psychopathic.
(He has very low empathy, very high social awareness and social skills,andvery low altruism. Also, he doesn't care about anything anymore)

five years passed since then. The fort is rich and beautful, and everybody is happy, except the mayor.
He spend those years doing nothing but hanging around in the dining hall. Although he has high social skill, he never make a single friend.

And now is in a nearly insane state, because all his clothes rot away and he cannot put new ones.

LOL.

Apparently, the loss of his clothes iss worse that seeing his mother devoured by zombies. Not even lovely waterfalls and aluminum statues
are enough to appease him.

Well, here is the challenge. I am trying to prevent him to go mad. He has royal everything,nice food and drink, and th waterfall, and even so
is miserable for not having pants. Any ideas of what more i can do?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Saving the Mayor.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:37:43 am »

Very dorfy mayor.

Anyway, on topic - you could edit the raws (doable), by setting another part of the body that he does have to a grasper. Otherwise, maybe give him a pet or two.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."