Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A novel releasing of the HFS?  (Read 3416 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: A novel releasing of the HFS?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:49 pm »

I want to see book with title "We don't need [BODY_PART] where we're going"...

Urist McWeir cancels sanity: interrupted by Event Horizon.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:38 am »

And then the demon could write an essay about the novel. And then an essay about the essay about the novel. Books are fun.

Yo dawg, I heard you like novels...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 02:48:53 am »

Congrats on recreating the intro movie ;D
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:45:09 am »

The intro-movie dwarf was mining through adamantine...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:58 pm »

I always thought it was the magma river being mined into. It comes after the chasm, and the pick falls away and glints red before the red-and-yellow stuff hits the dwarf.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55:01 pm »

He was mining through blue stuff, and had time to look around and SCREAM before dying. Also, picks don't fall very far in the magma sea before hitting magma, kinda like how if you drop a dive knife when scuba diving it doesn't take long to get underwater.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:11 pm »

It's a toss-up.

ADAMANTINE:
- The rock is blue
- His face melts, and demons are extremely high-temp
- He can swivel his head before exploding or whatever
- He has time to stick his head in, indicating a hollow cavity (what idiot sticks his head right into a magma vent?!)
- Perhaps the pick reflected the light off some incandescent carp fiend as it hit the slade floor
MAGMA:
- His face really does melt, in realistic (?) fashion
- Dwarves are much better at finding magma than demons: see every succession game with magma everything that has yet to get a single bar of bluemetal

I'm going with adamantine - it's kinda the hidden ending of DF and makes more worthy film. Magma is just very hot rock, although they are equally fun.
My wooden badge was delicious.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:16 am »

:P I thought from the title that he had released the clown car rush directly into a gobbo siege....I want to do that some day. Just "Hey gobbos, look down ;)"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 [2]