Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Necromancer Towers? Never seen them, so do they exist?  (Read 4244 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Necromancer Towers? Never seen them, so do they exist?
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:15 pm »

Ive played DF quite some time after the update with necromancers introduced, but I have NEVER seen one! How do I find them? And can I become one of them in adventurer mode?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer Towers? Never seen them, so do they exist?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:36 pm »

Look around for violet Is on the world map, or ask for quests and get lucky. Vampirism is reccomended before tangling with hordes of undead.
You can become a necromancer, if you can read and don't die to the zeds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:41:59 pm »

Yeah, just look for I's on the map, they might not exist if your world is too young (maybe too old too). Don't worry, everyone is friendly, you can just walk in at the beginning of the game!

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »

If you're really lucky, your necro can become the ruler of your dwarfs.
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »

It'd be nice to screw with the elves as a necromancer 8) Is it possible to destroy their entire race in adventurer?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:32:46 pm »

Yeah, just look for I's on the map, they might not exist if your world is too young (maybe too old too). Don't worry, everyone is friendly, you can just walk in at the beginning of the game!
Don't, unless you're a vampire.

It'd be nice to screw with the elves as a necromancer 8) Is it possible to destroy their entire race in adventurer?
No. You can't find a single elf, unless you've modded them or the humans conquered an eleven forest retreat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:28:11 pm »

So then can I kill all the Humans then?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:34:02 pm »

No, most of them just respawn. You can, however, keep killing the same human thousands of times, or recruit half a dozen of the same swordsman. At once.
Sig

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 09:37:27 pm »

No, most of them just respawn. You can, however, keep killing the same human thousands of times, or recruit half a dozen of the same swordsman. At once.
Awwww, but I wanted to watch an entire hamlet get leveled by an undead horde :'(

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »

Create an undead horde, sic them on a town, raise the dead of both sides, repeat until the town runs out of people you can find. Raise all corpses you find as you leave town. Fast-travel between a few towns and other places as your undead army grows.
Sig

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 09:47:31 pm »

Create an undead horde, sic them on a town, raise the dead of both sides, repeat until the town runs out of people you can find. Raise all corpses you find as you leave town. Fast-travel between a few towns and other places as your undead army grows.
I fee awesome just thinking about this! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ;D My main objective is to clear out the main fortress of Humans and then become King of Badass

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 12:04:31 pm »

Ehh, awesome idea, but wouldn't that generate unlimited hair zombies and things like that?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:19 pm »

Ehh, awesome idea, but wouldn't that generate unlimited hair zombies and things like that?
...No, those only happen by butchery. And if so, what's the problem?
Sig

Adequate Swimmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

On a side note, will my fort be crawling with undead once the necrodorf pays me a visit?
[VALUE:PEACE:0]

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 04:31:59 pm »

...No, those only happen by butchery. And if so, what's the problem?
Okay, how about finger or toe or tongue zombies?
Pages: [1] 2