Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57790 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 9][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2012, 01:28:28 pm »

I suspect the caravan. I don't think we should take it, as it would be quite disrespectfull.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »

I suspect the caravan. I don't think we should take it, as it would be quite disrespectfull.
Our dear hauler should haul the corpse with full gear on then. Give him a proper military funeral.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:25 pm »

So it is agreed Donuts is the leader?  Injured donuts greets traders, expresses sorrow at their loss, offers complimentary food and drink, and.... asks liason for...(what do we need?)(booze?)(dog?)(leather?)(flux?)

Also, what does mountainholmes want?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2012, 03:04:56 pm »

Make a couple rock instruments for trade.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2012, 06:06:43 pm »

Grot wants to smelt all the gold ore!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2012, 08:30:36 pm »

Gamur: is totally the leader. Yeah. Let's go with that.

Plox.
I need to put something interesting here.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2012, 03:29:29 am »

Gamur: is totally the leader. Yeah. Let's go with that.

Plox.
I suggest Datan. He seems to be the only one who has experience handling everyone else.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2012, 03:52:03 am »

Hey, this is pretty neat. I also didn't know you could do that, pisskop, so thanks a lot  :D
And how are you going to decide which ones of those HEAPS of actions you're going to use, especially if they contradict each other?

I think I mentioned the 'first come, first serve' approach before, but this won't be necessary.
I actually really like how you work on each other's suggestions and the list looks pretty good til now.
If everything else fails you'll have to trust my good judgement  8)

Datan, Gamur and Donut fighting for leadership?
Could be one of the first problems, but Donut seems to be the best choice since he's injured and shouldn't be doing manual labor

But the role of expedition leader and the trader can be filled by two different dorfs
Having Datan entertain while Donut handles the business sounds good to me.
You could also send Gamur, the pessimistic, brusque doctor, who can probably give the most honest account
But not the best choice if you want to sell your success to the Homeland  ;D

Gobo:checks poor Wrex, and does whatever he can to comfort/aid him.  Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot.  There he constructs a craftsshop and butchers shop.  If they get up again he is to run. Only butcher's shop. Crafts shop if and only if he has absolutely nothing to do, and start churning bolts and bone crafts. Perhaps a set of bone armor would be nice.  Try to enlist help of gaurd to help drag away bodies, defense.

Inod:make five more beds. Farm every possible plot, then brew another barrel of wine.

Datan:Take the gold mugs to the trading depot and welcome the traders, give a word of comfort to the guards for their fallen member, and offer some booze to help with the mourning, then entertain the caravaneer with some tales of ancient caves and slimes. Lead the trade, see what's available/prices.

Dariush: Create a training dummy and spar with it.

Gamur: Whatever doctory things. That means tending poor Wrex's wounds Screw it, poor Wrex's gone. And perhaps general maintenance (putting up a makeshift hospital for example?)

Lobram:Make two stone coffins. Make 5 more beds.

Donut:give pickaxe to Thikost. Help dig 5 rooms for beds. Just help out in general. He is in too bad shape for physical activity. Farming and brewing seems adequate for rehabilitation.

Thikost:dig 5 more rooms.

Urdim:carry the corpses inside. Carry corpses to right of Depot, outside wall w/Gobo. Create a mason, churn out 2 coffins, then enough blocks for counterweight.

Grot: smelts all the gold ore build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe war hammer celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Kibil:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe war hammer, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

They are expected to make their own fuel. Both make plain gold warhammers if there is still time.

Udirkel: Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot -haul dead guard inside and provide proper funeral

We already have Inod farming and brewing, so Donut should get another job.
Also if you want rock instruments - Datan would be the only crafter available
And since Gamur is busy, too, Donut looks like the best choice as the liason.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2012, 06:57:59 am »

I agree to spar with Dariush.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2012, 07:25:35 am »

Are you still taking more dwarves?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 25, 2012, 08:14:32 am »

So Donut is kicked upstairs as Liasion, and Datan either do Mayor-y things or craft stone.

I got no problem with either option, though I would want Datan handle the funeral in a proper dorfy way.

werozzi

• Bay Watcher
  • L'uomo Macchina
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2012, 09:47:31 am »

Datan has to be the voice of the community, so it would make sense that after entertaining the caravan, and when Gamur is there for trading, Datan should give some words in order to have a proper burial to the dead guard.
Of course, after this turn ends.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2012, 10:10:50 am »

PA, poll on it!

Gamar seems to be trader, who is mayor?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:50 am »

Gamur would be the best, use Gamur to insult everything they own and try to bring the price down.
I need to put something interesting here.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2012, 04:01:19 am »

ROUND 10 - MINOR DISAPPOINTMENT

Dariush urgently needed a sparring partner, which he eventually had to build himself. The dummy proves to be a worthy opponent.

Downstairs the crafter get busy, trying to keep up with the demands.
Grot builds a smelter, burning wood for coal and smelting a chunk of gold ore, getting 5 gold bars out of it.
Kibil sets up shop with the anvil, working a gold bar into a ceremonial axe.
Urdim erects a mason's workshop, making 3 stone blocks and 2 plain coffins.
Lobram gets busy working on the beds, finishing all 5 of them.

Inod brews two more barrels of plump helmet wine, planting the resulting spawns later on.

Thikost digs out the 5 new bed rooms and by the last strike of the pick the beds have been miraculously set up

Datan and the trader enjoy a mug of fresh plump helmet wine in the meager dining room. The trader is not impressed, but glad to get his mind off business. He apologizes for their later arrival and lack of variety in their trade goods. Apparently the caravan had previously been attacked by unknown perpetrators, with one migrant and another guard, together with two pack animals, having gone missing. The news of striking gold appeases him.

He is grateful for you taking care of a proper burial. He leaves it up to you how to deal with the equipment. Tradition demands him to be buried in full gear, but circumstances would permit you taking it... for the right price.

Donut and Gamur start unloading the wagon, inspecting the trade goods. Apart from an iron anvil and 10 logs of fungiwood, the trader stocks 1 barrel of plump helmets, 1 barrel of dwarven wine, 1 barrel of dwarven rum, 1 barrel of cave wheat and 1 barrel of pig tails. They argue over who should do the trading, but inevitably curse Datan for taking the lead and getting drunk. Gamur complains about the lack of medical supplies, while Donut demands more tools.

Gobo has a macabre mood after setting up shop and hauling the corpses, dragging all of the bone material and leftover raven parts together, butchering what is left of Wrex and working furiously. Finally his masterwork is completed, an artifact elk bone armor. It menaces with spikes of raven skull, it is adorned with raven feathers and elk horn. It is decorated with dog skull.

Oh look: a visitor!

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ramblings (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
[color=green][b]Gobo[/b][/color]
[color=limegreen][b]Inod[/b][/color]
[color=brown][b]Datan[/b][/color]
[color=orange][b]Dariush[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Gamur[/b] [/color]
[b]Lobram[/b]