Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57796 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 8][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2012, 06:16:30 am »

I've got it!
Turn two vulture skulls, some branches, and the feathers into a scareskeleton/powered armor!
I'm this is accepted and works...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 23, 2012, 06:21:21 am »

Why so much trouble with the bridge if PA can just draw it?  8)Bad joke!
We need Dariush to distract those moose skeletons in order to allow the caravan to get closer to kill them, thus also giving time for the other guys to finish the moat, the bridge, and improvise some bone crafts.
Ciiiircus no. Veto.

I don't know what definite construction you had in mind, but I would come up with my own
Taking into account the functionality you described.
But I drew an illustration. :(
In this case, everyone else just retreats and left Dariush with no choice.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 23, 2012, 09:07:59 am »

Shit, Shit, Shit.
Shit. Completely forgot about this.

... Oh, yhey, my dorf hasn't been killed off yet!

My dorf is harvesting plump helmets, right..?
I need to put something interesting here.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 9][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #333 on: September 24, 2012, 07:17:38 am »

ROUND 9 - BLOOD! TRADE! MIGRANTS!

Donut finishes the last stretch of the moat and piles up the last heap of earth for the wall.

Datan erects a craftsdwarf shop and carves 5 mugs from gold ore
Inod made two additional cages, she's working slower than usual.

Gamur leads the llamas inside and feeds them some longland grass.
He also plants 16 plump helmet spawns.

Donut and Gamur meet up later to inspect the wound.
Gamur urges Donut to rest from now on, for the wound is slowly healing but will leave a massive scar.

Meanwhile Lobram finishes the the basic bridge and lowers it across the moat, with Dariush and Gobo waiting for action.
The caravan arrives just in time and the guards storm forward, while the trader and the MIGRANTS stay behind.

The fight is rather ugly, but all three skeletal moose men are slain by the combined forces of the mountain dwellers.
Sadly one guard has been struck down and Wrex has taken a devastating hit.

After the dust settles the caravan finally arrives at the trade depot. Since nobody is there to greet them, they just wait patiently.
YOUR MIGRANTS ARE AWAITING ORDERS!

Top to Bottom:

Thikost Nobelforts
Agile - Perfectionist - Obsessive

Urdim Likotsterus
Mason - Curious - Big
[Mason]

Grot Goldwyrm
Crazy - Talented - Metalsmith
[Metalworker]

Kibil Kheledzaram
Metalcrafter - Tidy - Excitable
[Metalworker]

Udirkel Bibanfath
Lazy - Dumb - Hauler

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ramblings (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
[color=green][b]Gobo[/b][/color]
[color=limegreen][b]Inod[/b][/color]
[color=brown][b]Datan[/b][/color]
[color=orange][b]Dariush[/b][/color]
[color=purple][b]Gamur[/b] [/color]
[b]Lobram[/b]
[color=grey][b]Donut[/b][/color]
[color=teal][b]Thikost[/b][/color]
[b]Urdim[/b]
[color=yellow][b]Grot[/b][/color]
[color=maroon][b]Kibil[/b][/color]
[color=red][b]Udirkel[/b][/color]

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 24, 2012, 09:07:13 am »

Dariush takes Donut and spars with him. If everyone keeps putting the only sane dwarf in the fortress as the defender against everything world throws at us, he might as well be prepared.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:22 am »

datan shal lead kibil and grot, the three working together to build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle
donut as the self apointed expedition leader shall hold a meeting and share a drink with inod to inquire about any complains she might have.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2012, 09:33:41 am »

Gobo checks poor Wrex, and does whatever he can to comfort/aid him.  Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot. (we should really make a pit and a bridge undergroudn connecting to it...not now though.)  There he constructs a craftsshop and butchers shop.  If they get up again he is to run.  Try to enlist help of gaurd to help drag away bodies, defense.

-we need coffin for trader?-

edit-  PA, why not put the dwarf list in [code, so we can copy/paste it and !!poof!! instant dwarf activity list!

Like dis:

Code: [Select]
[color=green][b]Gobo:[/b][/color]

[color=limegreen][b]Inod:[/b][/color]

[color=brown][b]Datan:[/b][/color]

[color=orange][b]Dariush:[/b][/color]

[color=purple][b]Gamur:[/b] [/color]

[b]Lobram:[/b]

[color=grey][b]Donut:[/b][/color]

[color=teal][b]Thikost:[/b][/color]

[b]Urdim:[/b]

[color=yellow][b]Grot:[/b][/color]

[color=maroon][b]Kibil:[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Udirkel:[/b][/color]

That, with the code tags missing looks like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edited for spaces between each dworf
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:19:52 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

werozzi

• Bay Watcher
  • L'uomo Macchina
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:23 am »

Donut, give pickaxe to Thikost.
then Thikost, dig 5 more rooms.
Inod, make five more beds.
Urdikel, carry the corpses inside.
Lobram, Make  two stone coffins.
Datan, Take the gold mugs to the trading depot and welcome the traders, give a word of comfort to the guards for their fallen member, and offer some booze to help with the mourning, then entertain the caravaneer with some tales of ancient caves and slimes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:45:43 am by werozzi »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49:20 am »

So, if we all fill in this list with our suggestions we get this kinda thing:

Gobo:checks poor Wrex, and does whatever he can to comfort/aid him.  Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot.  There he constructs a craftsshop and butchers shop.  If they get up again he is to run.  Try to enlist help of gaurd to help drag away bodies, defense.

Inod:make five more beds.

Datan:Take the gold mugs to the trading depot and welcome the traders, give a word of comfort to the guards for their fallen member, and offer some booze to help with the mourning, then entertain the caravaneer with some tales of ancient caves and slimes.

Dariush:

Gamur: (I think should be leader)

Lobram:Make  two stone coffins.

Donut:give pickaxe to Thikost.  Help dig 5 rooms for beds.

Thikost:dig 5 more rooms.

Urdim:carry the corpses inside.  Carry corpses to right of Depot, outside wall w/Gobo.

Grot:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Kibil:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Udirkel:

edited for spaces between characters...looks neater I think.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:21:38 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:44 am »

Gobo:checks poor Wrex, and does whatever he can to comfort/aid him.  Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot.  There he constructs a craftsshop and butchers shop.  If they get up again he is to run.  Try to enlist help of gaurd to help drag away bodies, defense.

Inod:make five more beds.

Datan:Take the gold mugs to the trading depot and welcome the traders, give a word of comfort to the guards for their fallen member, and offer some booze to help with the mourning, then entertain the caravaneer with some tales of ancient caves and slimes.

Dariush: Create a training dummy and spar with it.

Gamur: (I think should be leader)

Lobram:Make  two stone coffins.

Urdim:carry the corpses inside.  Carry corpses to right of Depot, outside wall w/Gobo.

Grot:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe, war hammer celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Kibil:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe war hammer, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Udirkel: Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:26:49 am by 10ebbor10 »

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2012, 10:53:47 am »

Hey, this is pretty neat. I also didn't know you could do that, pisskop, so thanks a lot  :D

Just 2 things:

- Your Civ is called The Axe of Grinding, so making a golden axe seems to be the best choice - although a gold hammer could actually be used as a weapon.

- Lobram and Urdim are both dabbling masons, but Urdim has a talent for it.
  Lobram is also the best woodworker you have and Inod doesn't seem that productive right now

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:34 am »

Hey, this is pretty neat. I also didn't know you could do that, pisskop, so thanks a lot  :D
And how are you going to decide which ones of those HEAPS of actions you're going to use, especially if they contradict each other?

...with his hands?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:02:12 am by Dariush »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2012, 11:00:52 am »

Good question.  I think you should roll, with favor placed upon the more popular idea.  Or the more Fun idea.

edit: compromise.  Always.  And golden axe if for trade, hammer if for weapon.

And Donut is injurafied.  P.S.  Dig hospital.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:04:37 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:39 am »

axe
and datan is the most creative, so he should contribute to the construction of the axe(s) at least in the designing part, and let the metalworkers deal with the actual crafting
also, hospital sounds reasonable, but we're kinda busy. setting a table and a chest filled with hospital supplies in gamur's room sounds like it'd be enough, we can worry about enlarging it or moving it somewhere else after we deal with the traders
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:36:25 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »

Gobo:checks poor Wrex, and does whatever he can to comfort/aid him.  Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot.  There he constructs a craftsshop and butchers shop.  If they get up again he is to run. Only butcher's shop. Crafts shop if and only if he has absolutely nothing to do, and start churning bolts and bone crafts. Perhaps a set of bone armor would be nice.  Try to enlist help of gaurd to help drag away bodies, defense.

Inod:make five more beds. Farm every possible plot, then brew another barrel of wine.

Datan:Take the gold mugs to the trading depot and welcome the traders, give a word of comfort to the guards for their fallen member, and offer some booze to help with the mourning, then entertain the caravaneer with some tales of ancient caves and slimes. Lead the trade, see what's available/prices.

Dariush: Create a training dummy and spar with it.

Gamur: Whatever doctory things. That means tending poor Wrex's wounds Screw it, poor Wrex's gone. And perhaps general maintenance (putting up a makeshift hospital for example?)

Lobram:Make two stone coffins. Make 5 more beds.

Donut:give pickaxe to Thikost. Help dig 5 rooms for beds. Just help out in general. He is in too bad shape for physical activity. Farming and brewing seems adequate for rehabilitation.

Urdim:carry the corpses inside. Carry corpses to right of Depot, outside wall w/Gobo. Create a mason, churn out 2 coffins, then enough blocks for counterweight.

Grot:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe war hammer celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

Kibil:build a forge and a smelter, and try to build at least one engraved gold battle axe war hammer, celebrating the first caravan's arrival, the victory against the skelkman, and mourning the the brave guard's death in battle

They are expected to make their own fuel. Both make plain gold warhammers if there is still time.

Udirkel: Then hauls the dead undead moosemen to the right side of the moat, directly right of the trade depot
Recommendations bolded.

I feel Datan is leading the ensemble.

Also, who owns the dead guard's gear now?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:23:53 pm by evilcherry »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27