Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57842 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 7][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2012, 02:23:23 pm »

???  its a bunch of shapes and some stick lines.

imageshack is stupid and when I took out the 'uploaded with' tag the shot went to link...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:31 pm »

Could you change my Mason into weaponsmith please? I somehow missed that we already have a mason.
I think that person just learned masonry. So when you signed up, he didn't have it yet.

He will start as a dabbling mason with an affinity for stoneworking, while Lobram, until now, is rather skilled in Woodworking.
I can still change it, although I had more general traits in mind when I asked you to choose 3 words. But that doesn't matter now.
Choosing a job as a trait will simply give you a little headstart
The long term solution would probably be to position a few faceless workers later on that just produce what you order them to.

Is the ground permanently frozen?  No thaw, even for a month?

I'm not sure. We did embark in Taiga however, which is often characterized by permafrost. Even if there's a warm season, I don't expect temperatures to go much above zero.

The first layer is frozen for now, so don't get your hopes up for farming - but you got that covered underground. You could just increase the size of your plot and you'd be able to farm on a larger scale - if you put enough labor into it.

The goblin had an iron helmet, an iron sword and copper soulder pads, all of which Dariush stashed in his room.
The rest is troll fur ;D

Ehhhh?  watcha all think?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acceptable gobs?

Maybe you should make a bunch of goblins in different armor and line them up on a site with tower?
Wouldn't mind them being stickfigures if they were complete, these really are just shapes and lines
But you're getting there  ;)
At least they have axes >:]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:28 pm »

I suggest that Donut should finish the trench, ideally encompassing the trade depot. Someone with nothing better to do should chase him around, trying to apply medical care. Donut will agree once the trend is finished.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2012, 03:21:40 pm »

Holy shit. What are those bone things? They're like humanoid skelks or something. We're screwed.

You refuse to let us vote on an essential matter
I think you're missing the point here. If he lets everyone control their own dwarf, he either severely limits the playerbase or shoots the complexity through the roof. Otherwise, presumably he'd have just done that from the start.

It's not a matter of player preference, it's a matter of how the whole game works. It'd be like trying to hold a vote to add TBS mechanics or change the genre.

Gobo: Overwatch, do something about Moose men
Inod:
Datan:
Dariush: Gather wood and spikify the trenches
Gamur : Crops + Lamas
Lobram: Install bridge + Tower compound
Donut: Finish the moat
Gobo: Overwatch, do something about Moose menOverwatch, do something about Moose men finish consuming birds.  Anything useful goes into crafts.  I was thinkin figurines and toys, but Ill take skullcups and totems.  Skull + feathers = tiki-time!

Inod: wooden cage for cage trap.[sre these DF cages (i.e. indestructable)

Datan:  wooden spears for weapon trap

Dariush: Gather wood and spikify the trenches

Gamur : [harvest] Crops + [milk/shear]Lamas [can llamas be milked?]

Lobram: Install bridge + Tower compound  More mechanisms, this time for traps.

Donut: Finish the moat [can we remove ramps from above the moat?  please, that s*** always pissed me off in the game.]
Do we have time for all this? I haven't been paying attention to how fast they amble across the map.

Anyway, don't think we have time for the tower complex and don't approve of wood in the pits; I don't think it'll do anything, and if it does it should be done properly.

Dariush should train or collect last-minute wood instead, and I agree with Lobram making mechanisms. I doubt we'll have time to install them next round, though, so maybe we should try to do all three (Cage, Mechanism, Assembly) on the same turn? Datan could be in charge of that, not doing anything worthwhile at the moment and all.

I also think Donut should get proper medical attention if we have it. Would those pine needles and such be transformable into string for sewing the wound? If so, we should do so now, so that he's available to fight when they arrive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 19, 2012, 04:50:34 pm »

@Irony We can, or at least limit the # of entrances to 2. We need someone to tank, anyway (and that's why I always want Dariush to do this).
Don't think we have the time for a proper tower. That's why I'm always against above-ground fortifications.

Gobo can do anything he wanted... as long as he remains above ground.

In general agree with the current plan.

And to be frank and harsh, this game has been showing signs of derailment from day 1 due to the actions of a few.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »

Harsh?  We had a whole page devoted to the ethics of what to chop and the sound it made...
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

If the derailment was the war llama training, that was because we didn't have any other non-pet animals, so...

Yeah. Get them defenses a running is our main concern. Possibly make a heavily defended single wagon entrance.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:36 am »

You know, do we really need to worry about multiple entrances? Hopefully they'll just shamble along the shortest route to delicious dwarfflesh, won't they?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 20, 2012, 07:10:30 am »

I wanna be dwarffified

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:39 am »

it just so happens we would create a viable cat-farm!  I vote we accept Darish Mctrollface the butcher into the fort!  And zombie cats for everyone!
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #295 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:59 am »

I can just leave the entrance you have now and close off the rest like 10ebbor10 proposed earlier, without the barrier between entrance and depot.

Considering what can and what can't be done in one round:

If there is something that needs to be done urgently, you could just order several dwarves to work on one project. Or rather have each set up a different workshop to allow a longer processing chain, like getting cloth from wool, for example. Can all be done in one round, but they would be pretty much occupied with this task alone [setting up shop and working in it].
Also the speed of production and the amount produced depends on the traits and skills of the dwarf.

Considering milking llamas and cats
You can milk the female ones, obviously.

For traps I should add that someone already proposed simple hole traps, covered in needles and snow.
You also can't stitch up someone with pine needles, better process plants or wool.

I wanna be dwarffified

Waitlist is full, but there should be a suitable butcher among the first wave of migrants.
Maybe I'll add you, not sure as to how to handle the whole thing, yet. And when.

Update will probably be due tomorrow, maybe Saturday morning for you Americans.
Feel free to optimize your plan until then.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 20, 2012, 01:51:08 pm »

>Inod: engrave an image of elves burning on the trade depot.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:56 pm »

we don't have time for art unfortunately.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:25 pm »

...do we even have a trading depot?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:51 pm »

...do we even have a trading depot?
We have a stone floor.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27