Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57858 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 7][POLL][WAITLISTS]
« Reply #270 on: September 19, 2012, 08:36:48 am »

I am rather reluctant to assign all dwarfs a duty... because then why would *o*thers need to post.

You should totally start killing off dwarfs.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:44:31 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #271 on: September 19, 2012, 08:55:29 am »

werozzi obviously got it  ;D

I am rather reluctant to assign all dwarfs a duty... because then why would *o*thers need to post.

You should totally start killing off dwarfs.

You're not supposed to assign tasks to all of the dwarves, but you could suggest for other dwarves than the ones you created. I'm not saying that you did bad the last rounds, you just all seem to get hung up on discussions that obviously lead nowhere, ignoring the dwarves and what is actually happening on the map. And on top of that have great ideas, but fail to assign the tasks to actual dwarves. And I'm not going to do this for you!

10ebbor10, for example, made a great suggestions, but failed to assign the tasks to a dwarf. Simple as that.

I don't want to be mean, maybe I'm just in a bad mood right now, but if this thing is to get further and bigger you'll also have to take a step towards me and my ideas of the game the same way I did towards yours. Just assign tasks and if anyone complains we can still change them, but at least we will have something and most of the times you did pretty well changing and adjusting tasks - but I'd like to see this happen for all of them and not just to the 2-3 dwarves you see as essential. If you consider any of them useless it's because you fail to use them right and just because someone thought that Gamur, for example, needed to have talents as a doctor doesn't mean he can't skill up in anything else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:33 am »

Some of you still haven't understood, although I keep repeating this over and over, that the dwarves DON'T BELONG TO YOU! Period.
Maybe we should vote on this? Looking at how so far the majority of dwarves were ordered about by their 'masters', I don't think the majority of the players (including me) share this thought. ;)

Also, I didn't get to pick because I got too late to the party, so don't blame me. :(

And by the way, I think nobody looks at the map because nobody thinks that you change stuff beyond what you describe in detail. For example, I only now noticed those three creepyfucks when I was looking at the shape of our trenches.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:56 am »

All dorfs to their posts!
Prepare for the attack of the wild bonemen!
We need those fortifications carved so, Donut, create the mining trance and enter it in order to finish that moat!
As PA said, brace ourselves.
Don't be so pessimistic. The Moozemen won't be that bad. I hope.  Anyway. Here a basic list of things that need to get done

Spoiler: To be done (click to show/hide)

And now we just need to divide those tasks
Gobo: Overwatch, do something about Moose men
Inod:
Datan:
Dariush: Gather wood and spikify the trenches
Gamur : Crops + Lamas
Lobram: Install bridge + Tower compound
Donut: Finish the moat
[/quote]

That's all I can think of now. Feel free to add things to the To do list, as that is a multiturn list, to prevent ideas from getting lost and ensuring some coherence between turns.

Some of you still haven't understood, although I keep repeating this over and over, that the dwarves DON'T BELONG TO YOU! Period.
Maybe we should vote on this? Looking at how so far the majority of dwarves were ordered about by their 'masters', I don't think the majority of the players (including me) share this thought. ;)

Also, I didn't get to pick because I got too late to the party, so don't blame me. :(

And by the way, I think nobody looks at the map because nobody thinks that you change stuff beyond what you describe in detail. For example, I only now noticed those three creepyfucks when I was looking at the shape of our trenches.
Also, the fact that things don't belong to you alone was mentioned in the very first turn. However, I wouldn't worry about it since there won't really be a conflict that often. (Ignoring the previous turn, of course)

I mentioned those things 3 times previous turn.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:03:47 am by 10ebbor10 »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:58 am »

The map is awesome, it has literally everything he drew for this thread.... minus the pencil sketches.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:09 am »

Gobo: Overwatch, do something about Moose menOverwatch, do something about Moose men finish consuming birds.  Anything useful goes into crafts.  I was thinkin figurines and toys, but Ill take skullcups and totems.  Skull + feathers = tiki-time!

Inod: wooden cage for cage trap.[sre these DF cages (i.e. indestructable)

Datan:  wooden spears for weapon trap

Dariush: Gather wood and spikify the trenches

Gamur : [harvest] Crops + [milk/shear]Lamas [can llamas be milked?]

Lobram: Install bridge + Tower compound  More mechanisms, this time for traps.

Donut: Finish the moat [can we remove ramps from above the moat?  please, that s*** always pissed me off in the game.]

Ill edit the rest in.  Lemme see who can do what...

Is that Goblin wearing metal armour?  we should remove it and stash it for melting/refiting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:16:37 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2012, 09:24:09 am »

A thumbnail for the map would be usefull (Or would it be too small?)

Also, if we run out of ammo we can make things out of ice. Just make a mold and fill it with water, then leave it out for some time. Pykrete or a variant might be better, but it is somewhat anachronistic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2012, 09:25:13 am »

Is the ground permanently frozen?  No thaw, even for a month?
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2012, 09:35:06 am »

Is the ground permanently frozen?  No thaw, even for a month?

I'm not sure. We did embark in Taiga however, which is often characterized by permafrost. Even if there's a warm season, I don't expect temperatures to go much above zero.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2012, 09:36:36 am »

Why are you so selective on the players' participation, PA? You refuse to let us vote on an essential matter and similarly refuse to progress the plot without our input.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #280 on: September 19, 2012, 09:48:17 am »

A thumbnail for the map would be usefull (Or would it be too small?)

I made the map clickable to open the imagefile itself. If that doesn't work, either save it to your disk or copy image adress and open in another window. Not my fault you're not looking at the map, because it's part of the game and there are things happening in the background that you'll miss otherwise. Welcome to Dwarf Fortress.

Why are you so selective on the players' participation, PA? You refuse to let us vote on an essential matter and similarly refuse to progress the plot without our input.

Where am I being selective?
And like 10ebbor10 pointed out: The rules for the dwarves are in the OP, why would I need you to vote on this?
I don't really want to spell it out, but if you don't like it feel free to stop posting. Simple as that.

There are people posting that neither have a dwarf nor wait to be dorfed. Thank you! seriously
If you want to make a contribution, maybe try and cooperate with the others.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2012, 12:31:54 pm »

Could you change my Mason into weaponsmith please? I somehow missed that we already have a mason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2012, 12:58:57 pm »

Could you change my Mason into weaponsmith please? I somehow missed that we already have a mason.
I think that person just learned masonry. So when you signed up, he didn't have it yet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

Ehhhh?  watcha all think?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acceptable gobs?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:17:24 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2012, 02:22:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't display properly for me. Or I don't get what it's supposed to mean.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27