Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57906 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 4]
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2012, 04:09:31 am »

Dariush also continues training the llama after trying to ride it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2012, 06:51:06 am »

Gobo the Hunter should get the rope, tie 'dead' birds up, and drag the lm back to figure out who will butcher/bonecraft.  and leather.

Datan Mcnotdoingshitelse should check out the topography of the crown.

I nominate Gamur for the role of butcher if he's available when it needs doing, for ironies sake.

Edit: I know it's been said, but i love your animating style so much, it's so communicative and yet minimalistic all at once.
And hopefully that will improve his surgery so he can do TNRs reliably once the related problem started.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 5]
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2012, 10:39:28 am »

ROUND 5 - DIGGING DEEPER

Lobram finishes the seventh bed and uses the rest of the wood he had to make the last 4 doors.

Datan and Inod both finish refining the wood.

Dariush teaches the llama a lesson by jumping on its back. It's overwhelmed by his ferocity and might have finally been broken.

Inod builds a brewery in the supply room. It's just a barrel and a table, really. But it should suffice.
Gamur worked the soil to make it usable for farming. He didn't find any seeds, yet, otherwise he would've started planting.

Donut dug down and mined out both the future dining room and crafting area. He struck GOLD!

Gobo gathers both birds and bolts, getting all of the latter but one stuck in a tree up high.
The birds are nothing but bones and feathers, so he decides to only take one back to show to the others... and possibly for soup.

After a long day's work they all gather in the stock room to feast on their supplies.
Gobo shows the bird he brought back and everyone seems to be puzzled by how thin it is.
Inod thinks it has something to do with the harsh climate.
Datan adds that he noticed some strange things while working outside and he's pretty sure that the sun didn't move one bit.
Dariush boasts of his success in training the llama for war. He insists that it will be of strategic value.
Gamur and Lobram are both busy stuffing their stomachs.
Donut is really tired and has nothing much to add, but advises everyone to be careful when going outside.

Spoiler: OVERVIEW - HUGE MAP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ramblings (New Rules) (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2012, 10:46:36 am »

Datan adds that he noticed some strange things while working outside and he's pretty sure that the sun didn't move one bit.

The langoliers are coming!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2012, 10:48:06 am »

Sure, i would like a poll. Also: Donut digs out the rest of the gold, but before that, scream GOLD! GOLD, BITCHES! GOLD! ALMOST AS PURE AS F***ING DWARVEN ALCHOHOL!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:04 am »

Have Donut...erm, I'd advise Donut to dig a magma channel so we can set up a smelter and forge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:29 am »

Everyone, start hauling all the crap valuable materials in the supply room.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2012, 11:09:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When I saw that picture, I thought that I butchered the llama and made a bodysuit out of it, with only arms sticking out. XD

Dariush grabs a crowhelmet for himself! It gives him 3 armor! Then he grabs a bite to eat and retires for sleep.

BTW, maybe we should defend our entrance somehow?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2012, 11:14:23 am »

Indeed.  Not dwarfy, but what about a loaded branch trap?  If set to dwarf-neck level, only the llama could get hit if the dwaves ducked.  Essentially just a pulled back branch set to swing when one trips a wire or disturbs it, like a mouse trap.

We gots no mason shop!

Gobo the Hunter attempts to butcher bird after designating butcher area outside.  All corpses go outside.  Uses bones to make bolts and crafts.  Feathers menace crafts. {if that damn thing's not getting back up yet I say we use it for all its worth}.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:16:24 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 15, 2012, 11:19:55 am »

I propose the following setup:
We surround the entrance with walls and build a couple of bridges over them, with retractable staircases on the outer side. Then we make a hole in the volcano and let it flood the space between walls.

Also, PA, how closely do you follow DF rules? Can we actually make a retractable staircase?

Edit: you forgot to add 'Nothing' option to the poll. I think it's faaaar too early for any stuff.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:25:23 am by Dariush »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 5][POLL is up!]
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:32 am »

Add in a magma forging and smelting area and I give 199% of my vote.
...Those were supposed to be 0's, but I can't argue against the result.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:59 am »

What program is this you use to make the pictures?

Edit:  I am no engineer, especially in this game.  I prefer simple things...  Checkerboards took me long enough to grasp.  Logic gates? hah.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:36:21 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2012, 11:28:59 am »

I propose the following setup:
We surround the entrance with walls and build a couple of bridges over them, with retractable staircases on the outer side. Then we make a hole in the volcano and let it flood the space between walls.

Also, PA, how closely do you follow DF rules? Can we actually make a retractable staircase?

What's a retractable staircase? Never heard of anything like that before. Like a fire escape?  ???
Why would it have to be so complicated? What happened to good old fashioned walls, moats and drawbridges?

Also I don't really want to take away all of the !!FUN!!, but I'd advise you to plan the whole magma-thingcarefully

What program is this you use to make the pictures?

Inkscape, Dariush probably uses MSpaint  :P

Edit: And as you can see the poll is up
DoubleEdit:
Edit: you forgot to add 'Nothing' option to the poll. I think it's faaaar too early for any stuff.

I didn't specify when it's supposed to happen, it's just to see the tendency for the next/first big event
And I won't just destroy you, no worries, you'll get to do that yourself

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2012, 11:40:46 am »

So here's the deal.

1. Everyone pack everything inside, including vulture corpses. They are just flying bolts, bones for shafts, feathers for fletching.
2. About the poles... either we build a palisade/wall with them, or bulid a simple spike trap. Spring release systems are also useful.
3. We need more bows or crossbows. either Datan or Lobram should do these. The other should at least help with fixing the door, then make more bolts, then carving doors.
4. Inod should start the winery working with helmets, and provide more spawn for Gamur.
5. Dariush and Donuts... prolly just do their thing.
6. Gobo is the key man here. Either he should keep watch on top of the trapdoor, or ready his crossbow inside. Depending on how stealthy he can be.

p.s. could burning leaves alone melt gold? Otherwise we might have to export raw ore for the moment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:32 am »

Nooo... Leaves do not burn even close to hot enough...  And the smoke would drive all dorfs insane.

Are you suggesting a typical 'bar yourself in' fort?  cuz I was kinda liking the idea of !!FUN!! at every turn.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27