Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57831 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 2]
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2012, 10:57:48 am »

Dwarves don't need fire. They have ultravision and I never saw one freeze to death unless encased in ice.

Datan again stop Inod, and offer to process the logs into usuable wood together. They should also help with furniture installation.

Also check the wood species.

Phlum

• Bay Watcher
  • Above Is my true form, no mortal shall see it!
    • View Profile
    • Idontwanttowork
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »

Gobo: find more bones?  Make map?
Datan:  [blanking]
Gamur:  Find cause of death for skull?
Lobram: make more stuffs!

We need more opinions!
fixed and +1
Datan should be an artist, on account of his creativity. have him build a wooden craftsdwarf workshop underground and start being the crafts dorf. he should make mugs for each and a nestbox or two in case we catch a bird of sorts.
So I have spoken, may this thread live long!!

I don't share my age online, no one takes horny 14 year olds seriously.

"dwarf fortress is autism in a game"  -a guy named rick

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2012, 02:32:01 pm »

OOC:
((
In my opinion, every player should get assigned a dorf. It'll be more fun that way. If more people want to play - no problem - just get migrants. Players can discuss what's to happen next, then the dorf-player decides whether they want to do the task, or go to a party or get locked by his own constructions or whatever. If there are extra dorfs, they can die horribly sleep permanently have accidents idle, or the other dorfs get controlled by committee (as current dorfs are) - or done by the DM/GM/Overseer/Engine himself from a list of jobs.

Much easier that way, nobody has to remember other dorfs' character traits, and much more fun.

))
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2012, 03:23:09 pm »

I agree with the above.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2012, 04:37:31 pm »

Makes sense to me. Of course, it would be cool if we could post ideas, just the dwarf owners post in colors. So that you can see who's suggesting and who's owning.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 3]
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2012, 04:55:45 pm »

ROUND 3 - NO MORE MR NICE GUY

Gobo really likes the skull and decides to keep it. As a hunter he knows that disguise is everything, this will give him an advantage against the local wildlife. Sadly it's the only skull around.

Gamur isn't really enjoying his work. He doesn't think that he can climb the volcano and sacrifice the cat. It's just too steep, he wouldn't be able to make it. Also... look at the cute kittykat. Just look at it! He decides to keep it. When he sees Datan hauling the beds down the hatch he decides to claim one. The dog can take care of the llamas!

Donut managed to dig all of the bedrooms, while Datan put up the four beds that Lobram had made.

Datan stops Inod, who just returned with 5 large branches, and suggests to work on them together. Lobram continues crafting beds.

They separate the twigs and leafs from the branches and fashion 5 workable poles. Datan promises Inod to craft something for her.

Lobram ran out of wood. Oh noes!

Dariush drops everything to make two wooden axes. He uses the trunk as a worktable and exchanges his copper blades for their harmless counterpart. While crafting he comes up with the idea of naming his friend RAPEPILLAGER. How fitting. He storms off to challenge the next dwarf he sees.

He runs into Donut who agrees to spar, since he has nothing else to do. When asking for one of the training weapons, Dariush insists on using both of the blades and taunts Donut to attack him already.

Gobo found more skulls!

Spoiler: Overview - SUPER HUGE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ramblings (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2012, 05:11:45 pm »

Someone should make a plump helmet farm. Someone else should mulch up some leaves to fertilize the farm. The first goes to the guy who wants to mine, the second to the last dwarf to lack something to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2012, 05:16:16 pm »

I would prefer non-creators of dorfs to control 'NPCs', but certainly feel free to suggest... after you state your !!SUPEREVILDORFEATINGMOVE!!

And for goodness sakes, do start a waitlist or a preflist.

Gobo the Hunter  Gets to popping shots at vultures, after adjusting his aim/sight in the snow with a few test shots.

Names dog Wrex.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »

I would prefer non-creators of dorfs to control 'NPCs', but certainly feel free to suggest... after you state your !!SUPEREVILDORFEATINGMOVE!!

And for goodness sakes, do start a waitlist or a preflist.

Waitlist/Preflist will be an issue once I figure out what to do with possible future dorfs.
And what NPC would other players control? Who am I controlling anyways?

If someone made a Goblin/Necro Tower game we could think of crossgame warfare  :P
Maybe the Elves of Amanereli stop by and smoke some of that longland grass

This is a team exercise, I'd actually like to build an awesome fort with you and it would be a pity if things came to a halt - just because people won't be able to have influence on the game, no matter if they dorfed themselves or not.

As the GM I prefer color coded suggestions for specific dwarves, because those are the ones I can work with the most. If you want to discuss an action it would be awesome if you could quote it, too. I don't know what update cycle you would prefer. Since I'm having a flexible schedule, but non US timezone, I prefer the update when enough suggestions method - just for the sake of fluidity.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:42 pm »

We need a farm plot.
Also, get Dariush to attempt to train a llama into a WAR LLAMA.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »

We need a farm plot.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:11 pm »

Lobram: make doors for the bedrooms. Carve the face of the dwarf whose room it is on each door as large as possible with an exaggerated expression typical to that dwarf.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:03 pm »

Inod should just pick up the axes of mass destruction and process logs into lumber.
Datan suggests to Lobram that he would do the fine carvings while Lobram would just concentrate on carpentry itself.
Donut finishes sparring and digs a plot suitable for plump helmets.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2012, 11:32:31 pm »

Finish sparring, dig a tunnel opposite the 4th bedroom, to the left of that tunnel, dig room for a farm plot. Also dig a stockpile room at the end of the new corridor.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:59:04 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2012, 01:51:50 am »

All of my yes.

Also, nice footprints, PA. But I didn't say I want to exchange my axes for wooden ones, you know.  :P

Donut also digs a big temporary warehouse  at the far end of the corridor and rallies all idlers to drag all our stuff there.
Dariush finishes sparring and attempts to make a wooden pickaxe before getting to that llama.

Also, can we please get our skills in the 'dwarves' spoiler?

Also also, I propose an alternative for the control scheme: everyone can make suggestions, but the owner can veto the ones relevant to their dwarf. Seems fair, no?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:53:47 am by Dariush »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27