Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's to come next? Choose your own !!FUN!!

Caravan
Migrants
Siege
(Semi-)Megabeast
LEAVE TEH DORFS ALONE!!!11

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 10][POLL][WAITLISTS]  (Read 57860 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 5]
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2012, 11:53:10 am »

What's a retractable staircase? Never heard of anything like that before. Like a fire escape?  ???
Hm. Let's say a drawbridge, but in 'open' state it's lowered 45 degrees to the ground instead of being horizontal (so that it can be descended to the level below).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow, I'm an even worse artist than I thought. The setup is supposed to be symmetrical, with the same staircase leading down to the left.
Edit: actually wait, I forgot the magma. Here's a corrected version:
And here's the top-down view:
Why would it have to be so complicated? What happened to good old fashioned walls, moats and drawbridges?
Walls: check. Moats: check. Drawbridges: modified check.
Also I don't really want to take away all of the !!FUN!!, but I'd advise you to plan the whole magma-thingcarefully
What's careful? Never heard of anything like that before. Like insane?  ???
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:10:11 pm by Dariush »

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
Re: Strike the Earth! [Build A Fortress - Round 5][POLL is up!]
« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2012, 12:32:24 pm »

Nooo... Leaves do not burn even close to hot enough...  And the smoke would drive all dorfs insane.

Are you suggesting a typical 'bar yourself in' fort?  cuz I was kinda liking the idea of !!FUN!! at every turn.

You could start burning wood for coal which can be used for smelting.
And was the 'bar yourself in' thing directed at me? Because you can choose how you'd like to proceed
Just remember: terrifying taiga

Also I don't really want to take away all of the !!FUN!!, but I'd advise you to plan the whole magma-thingcarefully
What's careful? Never heard of anything like that before. Like insane?  ???

I just don't want people to be upset once their beloved dwarves all drown in magma.
You don't even know what's going on inside of it and I wanted to make it clear that it's too steep for climbing. You could dig stairs up or something, if you'd like.

Also nice drawings. What do the others think?

Edit: Also could everyone please use these for suggestions?

Gobo
Inod
Datan
Dariush
Gamur
Lobram
Donut

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »

((Would it be possible to migrate to this fortress on a later date? I'm trying to get into forum games and there dont seem to be alot of open games here.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2012, 12:36:45 pm »

You don't even know what's going on inside of it and I wanted to make it clear that it's too steep for climbing. You could dig stairs up or something, if you'd like.
I meant for the opening to be dug on the ground level.
Also nice drawings.
Liar.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

Well, if we seal ourselve totally in it'll take alot of Fun and fun out of it.  I' d hate that.

But for magma canals... in DF it would work, how ever my opinion is if we did this RL to an active volcano w/magma turning into lava it would depend on consistency of lava.  Really depends on how you roll the dice.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2012, 12:41:02 pm »

Let's try it. Also divert some magma to power the forges.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2012, 12:45:19 pm »

Floodgate overflow valve doubling as siege breaker.  A floodgate in sted of a wall that pours delicious magma onto gobs or worse.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »

Well, if we seal ourselve totally in it'll take alot of Fun and fun out of it.  I' d hate that.

But for magma canals... in DF it would work, how ever my opinion is if we did this RL to an active volcano w/magma turning into lava it would depend on consistency of lava.  Really depends on how you roll the dice.

((Would it be possible to migrate to this fortress on a later date? I'm trying to get into forum games and there dont seem to be alot of open games here.))

Would be smart to start a waitlist now, if we do get migrants

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2012, 12:59:55 pm »

PlutoniumApe? More like AvatarGod!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »

I totally want Llama engravings.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26:26 pm »

((Well, you'll have to put up another character sheet so i can get on the waiting list right nao! :P (if you are going to get migrants.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:48 pm »

((Well, you'll have to put up another character sheet so i can get on the waiting list right nao! :P (if you are going to get migrants.)
Don't you want to be a forgotten beast instead? So I can murder you in cold blood without fearing repercussions? Pretty please?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2012, 01:34:26 pm »

Beware its toxic blood!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2012, 01:46:23 pm »

Go with the magma-channel plan! It has two people backing it, twice the number backing the next most popular plan!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

Go with the magma-channel plan! It has two people backing it, twice the number backing the next most popular plan!
Whatever kind of plan is better than magma channel. It is like a gigantic sign saying "here come dorfs".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27