Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An extremely deep pit...  (Read 1391 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
An extremely deep pit...
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:30:54 am »

And I just fell jumped into one.

OK, that wasn't a good idea as far as self preservation is concerned, but I wanted to see what was at the bottom of it...
I can't find my screenshot of it, but I fell for a good few seconds down the (I think it was 6x6) pit, before discovering two cavern layers and the magma sea. After hitting Enter a couple of times, I "blew apart" on the solid rock bottom of this pit

WHAT THE FREAKING CRAP!? Since when did circus-depth pits appear in the middle of human towns!?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: An extremely deep pit...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 05:50:26 am »

12/07/2011 
Well, I would have gotten to the trading interface, but a bridge opened a hole to the underworld instead. Again.

;)
Well, that's surely fixed now. I guess you've just got lucky and discovered something that is not so common to find. :)
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:58:47 am »

A better question would be if the Human Town had Adamantine weapons and armor - in human sized form :P
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:29 pm »

Save/screen caps, this warrants further investigation.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:16:08 am »

The screenshots I took have since been consigned to the void lost somewhere on my computer, and since I died I don't exactly have a serviceable savegame. I'll try and find the pit, and update again with some screenshots of this.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:30 am »

I have something like this in my world, a human town has a random 1x3 hole that breaches three cavern layers. This gives that civ the nice ability of endless legions of cave dragons :P. I also found a way to the circus but I wasn't able to get inside. Great thing about the hole is being under a human town I can retire and when I decide to pick up my pickaxe again I am living a nice life on the surface :D.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »

Alas, I cannot find this pit again. As far as I can tell, there are no legions of cave dragons and no human-sized adamantine armor. :(