Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buildings disappearing  (Read 487 times)

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Buildings disappearing
« on: September 10, 2012, 04:05:58 am »

Hi there,
I- well, you can see it in the title. In my last fortress, two floor hatches (my resevior drain hatches, to be precise- would have set my well construction back ages if I hadn't abandoned) and my main bridge disappeared without explanation. I hadn't used either in a while - do buildings have a life span if they aren't used?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Buildings disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:30:03 am »

I too just recently discovered in my fort a bed that showed some wear, that is, it had "X" at the beginning and ending of it's name.

However - there was previously my werebeast dwarf with it's family locked up in that room. And surviving kids later started tantruming.

So - you had any dwarf go berserk/tantrum/turn in a werebeast? They could just have destroyed your buildings/furniture...
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:48:22 am »

Yeah, a tantruming dwarf thrashing the building seems the most likely explanation.

Aaarrgh!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »

It's true that I had a few...strained moods in the fortress at the time, which may or may not have been due to an FB producing many, many dwarf corpses (and consequently lots of ghost), which in turn lead to a lot of miasma, which in turn lead to the farms breaking down, which lead to...etc, but I think it unlikely that a dwarf went to the trouble of going the well and climbing down the many, many z-levels to reach the reservoir just to destroy  two floor hatches (though I suppose that a dwarf tasked with working on the reservoir could have gone berserk there).