Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123822 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #1110 on: November 24, 2013, 10:21:56 pm »

Well, Dark's gonna be charging mana for quite some time then.
More than enough for an industrious Havel to go stop him, methinks.

Based upon how quickly I made all the dwarves, which would cost more than Emrakul, I would say that it would only have taken so long to gain more by having the area 'run out' of easy access mana.  Dark would spend only enough time in an area to get one or two (if the spot is rich) mana, then moving onto another spot to get more, on and on and on til he gets all the mana needed fairly quickly.  Since he is quickly planeswalking, no one could catch up to him effectively (unless it is night, then Havel could catch up, but even then, Dark would only have to stay in the sunlight til the big bang.).

Edit: There is also the problem of Havel needing to find out that dark is actually doing this, as well.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23:15 pm »

Still, enough mana to set the whole planet on fire, this early in the game? That's gonna take at least a month.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 24, 2013, 10:25:28 pm »

Still, enough mana to set the whole planet on fire, this early in the game? That's gonna take at least a month.

For 9 mana?  I'm pretty sure DZA will limit the range.  That's why I'm setting it off in the most populous portion of either China or India to maximize effect.  I would say around Tungaska event level damage (though I think it might be closer to 2 or 3 times the strength, considering it's called 'Worldfire').
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:27:33 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:32 pm »

Or he could just boost the mana cost.
Either way, you're helping me.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 24, 2013, 10:28:32 pm »

Exile all permanents? The wording on some of these cards translates in a weird way to the game, I think.

Anyway, sort of sounds like the spell would hurt you too. Possibly leaving you very near death. I guess that'll make things even more exciting.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 24, 2013, 10:28:57 pm »

This'll make a nice conversation piece in the future if Jorn finds out about it.

To paraphrase and steal from the Terminator movies, join my Cult if you want to live.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:31:15 pm by Vgray »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 24, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »

Or he could just boost the mana cost.
Either way, you're helping me.

Dark's on annihilation.  Light's on unification.

Exile all permanents? The wording on some of these cards translates in a weird way to the game, I think.

Anyway, sort of sounds like the spell would hurt you too. Possibly leaving you very near death. I guess that'll make things even more exciting.

And that's why I am building the base first.  I would need a place to bail.

This'll make a nice conversation piece in the future if Jorn finds out about it.

Fortunately, Light can give the 'my evil twin did it' excuse and have it be true.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:34:17 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 24, 2013, 10:31:26 pm »

Which 'you' are you referring to?
But no, if I manage to burrow sufficiently deep (and I'm in Australia, so it'll work particularly well there), I'll survive. Then the chaos will be very good for me to exploit.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 24, 2013, 10:32:09 pm »

Which 'you' are you referring to?

I think he's referring to the guy at the epicenter of the explosion, Dark.

I translate 'Exile' as 'remove completely from existence'.  So basically 'send to the void', helping you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:35:06 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 24, 2013, 10:37:57 pm »

True. You might wish to consider getting some guards for the base too. I mean, an evil get away lair without any scary monsters or faceless goons guarding it would be a little lackluster.

And yeah, was referring to dark Zan. Although I disagree about it being good for TorZon. The biological matter might be too fried from the explosion to be any good use by you. So net loss of potential assets you have available.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »

Ehehehehehe
Sig! Onol

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:14 am »

True. You might wish to consider getting some guards for the base too. I mean, an evil get away lair without any scary monsters or faceless goons guarding it would be a little lackluster.

But still. Airstrike...
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 25, 2013, 06:36:35 am »

*Checks main thread to see what all the commotion is about*

Oh boy, time to break out the marshmallows. Things are gonna get toasty.

Alright, now time to clear some things up real quick:

First of all, no, I do not plan on allowing Zan's Worldfire spell to literally set the entire world on fire. As was pointed out by Gman, the card's effect in MTG doesn't really translate all that smoothly into an in-game effect here. So again, for the sake of simplicity, we'll simply assume "Exile all permanents. Exile all cards from all hands and graveyards. Each player's life total becomes 1" to mean, "Big fiery wave of doom spreads out over an extensive radius and totally fucks everyone's shit up." Any objections?

As of right now, Zanzetkuken has 3 unused units of many (all red). The mana accumulation mechanic in it's latest form (like most the mechanics in the game, it's subject to change as I come up with adjustments that I feel will improve its overall balance/efficiency.) works like this:

At a Badassery Level of Average, pooling together a single unit of mana takes 30 minutes. For each level above average, this time is reduced by 5 minutes. For every level below, 5 minutes is added. The time can be reduced a further 5 minutes if Zanzetkuken is in a landscape associated with the type of mana he is trying to collect (for any who don't already know: Mountains=red, Islands=blue, plains=white, forest/jungle=green, swamps=black), or increased by 5-10 minutes if he is in a landscape that is at odds with it.

With his current Badassery Level of High, Zanzetkuken will, without any land modifiers, be capable of pooling together mana at a steady rate of 1 unit every 20 minutes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 25, 2013, 08:14:50 am »

"Big fiery wave of doom spreads out over an extensive radius and totally fucks everyone's shit up."[/i] Any objections?

That's exactly what I expected.

At a Badassery Level of Average, pooling together a single unit of mana takes 30 minutes. For each level above average, this time is reduced by 5 minutes. For every level below, 5 minutes is added. The time can be reduced a further 5 minutes if Zanzetkuken is in a landscape associated with the type of mana he is trying to collect (for any who don't already know: Mountains=red, Islands=blue, plains=white, forest/jungle=green, swamps=black), or increased by 5-10 minutes if he is in a landscape that is at odds with it.

With his current Badassery Level of High, Zanzetkuken will, without any land modifiers, be capable of pooling together mana at a steady rate of 1 unit every 20 minutes.

Thanks for the information.  That's really useful.

Since he's going around to various areas via planeswalking, and not caring which type he needs to fill it up since he has the required mana colors, it will take 15 minutes per mana so he can grab whatever is there.  Since he needs 6, it will roughly take an hour and a half.  Add in the two hours to build the base, and it will be roughly 38 turns (minimum of five minutes per turn factored in) since I started working on the base for the spell to launch, and there has been, roughly, 7 turns since I started the base.  Therefore, around 31 turns til the massive detonation.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 25, 2013, 10:24:10 am »

So DZA, how big are we talking with this ring of fire thing?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 96