Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123832 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #1095 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:53 am »

Zan is as I said, unpredictable. He plays both sides and that makes makes him less reliable.

You know, I could start a war that gets to the point that all sides need to go into space, which would eventually cause the governments of those sides to coalesce into single nations, then the surviving side becomes the one world government.
I'm going to retcon that Dark's conversation about joining Destruction to DZA was a trick to throw off the scent, and allow the freedom to start the war without his side alignment being threatened.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 24, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »

Anyone have any ideas as to how I could use Yxchu? That fall in line with Jorns morality...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 24, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

Like a really fucked up game of Hungry Hungry Hippos...
With humanity and the earth being the balls. Poor bastards.

It would be interesting to see the three head off against each other. An arms race is what I'm imaging, each with their own special twist on mass accumulation.
Yeah, it's a fun concept overall and I think we all took it and created something a little bit unique to ourselves. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things go, should such a conflict arise. Not only due to the differences in character abilities but also due to the character personalities and motivations involved.
Yeah, it would definitely be interesting. Each one is their own army, once they accumulate enough mass, but each has a different spin on it that could make a lot, or little, difference in how it goes. It would be interesting to imagine that going over.

I imagine that if you took them in their initial states and stuffed them in a small arena though, it wouldn't be too interesting considering I don't believe any of the three have much offensive capabilities with just themselves. I've admittedly not thoroughly looked things over, so I may be wrong there, so it may be more correct to say that Vita has few to slim offensive capabilities just by himself.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 24, 2013, 05:29:35 pm »

It's hard to tell. My view on it is that TorZon sort of has the most direct strength out of us three, especially early on. He can change things to his own type of special matter and that matter is very flexible and relatively easy for him to alter. Vita in my opinion has more strength towards the mid game. His ability to change organic matter may be slightly less potent than TorZon but he has the added advantage of machine intelligence and I assume due to his background, knowledge of superior technology that the TorZon side wouldn't have easy access to. The Entity is more of a late game power. He can alter organic materials but less efficiently than Torzon or Veta. He also has void technology and "magic" on his side but that is likewise more difficult for him to utilize early on. The Entity's biggest advantage comes into play when he gains access to sufficient mass and power. Since his magic is sort of like blood magic, more mass means more powerful abilities which could get interesting later on. Long term, he can potentially open up a gateway (or several) to the Void and have tons of fun pour out, effectively giving the Entity unlimited resources unless someone manages to destroy the gate(s).  The thing is that it'll be a lot harder for the Entity to reach this point than it would for TorZon or Veta to grow powerful.

So yeah, a conflict between the three of us would certainly be both interesting and terrifying to the people on the planet. Assuming we should ever all be playing at once. It doesn't even bear mentioning how horribly things could go down should we end up working together instead of fighting.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 24, 2013, 05:40:09 pm »

Oh man, the three of them working together... That's a terrifying prospect. The arena may need to be expanded to planetS.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 24, 2013, 07:17:21 pm »

Infinite demons versus infinite void beings, who wins?

Answer: Not humanity.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 24, 2013, 07:44:58 pm »

I have a slight question: what is Vitae, exactly? He seems to be done sort of superancilla from Halo or something, like he's Medicant Bias' older brother or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 24, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »

Vitam is basically an experiment that went sorta right, overreacted due to fear of his death, and it spiraled out of his control from there.

He is hopeful dream and a depressing nightmare, a once-man and a now-machine, a regretful victim and an unrepentant monster.

He is Vita.
[/over dramatic flair]

I'm afraid I don't actually understand the question; do you mean what inspired him, or what he is literally, or who he is?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 08:19:40 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 24, 2013, 08:18:11 pm »

What he is literally. For example, TorZon is the Blob on crack, Jorn is Dark Wizzerd, Zan is Plansewalker...what's he?
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 24, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

Late post is late, I was drafting up a better one then that one had to go and post. Bah.

He's an AI cube that can rearrange organic material like lego blocks. If I were to think of the closest approximation to an existing character, best I can come up with is Cancer from Romantically Apocalyptic. That's pretty much the basic gist of 'AI with control over organics.'

Other than that, I can't really think of something, although I'm sure there's probably a better parallel somewhere. After looking at Medicant Bias, that's not too far off, I think.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 24, 2013, 08:26:44 pm »

Ah, nice.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 24, 2013, 09:10:42 pm »

A bitter conflict or a friendly game...

We may never know!
Haha, we can discuss it later over a drink and some snacks.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:52 pm »

At least you can use the extra time to plan how best to corrupt us...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »

If this ever happens, this will be my response:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only to stem the tide long enough to do this (if I am not in a mountain range and need to buy time to get there.  Otherwise I'd just lead with this):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: You know, seeing that card, I see I can do so much more devastation than going to a France.  The level of power should impress DZA, and such an eruption should send nations into panic, causing Unification...or attract aliens, which humanity would unify in the face of...hopefully.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:12:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 24, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »

Well, Dark's gonna be charging mana for quite some time then.
More than enough for an industrious Havel to go stop him, methinks.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 96