Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123769 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #990 on: October 31, 2013, 07:56:54 am »

Still, when World War III occurs, we shall see some... Interesting supervillain weapons revealed
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 01, 2013, 04:12:15 am »

World War III on this world is gonna be pretty interesting, I gotta say.

Till Dark gets bored, and summons the components to the infinite myr/mana combination to swarm the planet.

I fail to see how that would make things any less interesting. In fact, I'd expect it to have just the opposite effect.

It only becomes less interesting by having the war end very quickly.

I have my doubts about that. After all, when the whole world is a battlefield, even the largest of armies will find it no small task to completely subdue the chaos.

Then again, who knows? It wouldn't be the first time in the course of the game that things have taken a turn that I failed to anticipate. I would only advise that you do not make the mistake of assuming that such an act would automatically ensure your victory. For there are many factors to consider, and many secrets yet to be revealed.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 01, 2013, 08:45:17 am »

Oh, the intrigue ;D!

Technically wouldn't Vgray also be capable of unleashing an infinitely large army of demons if he became powerful enough?... And Child of Armok has a pretty near limitless army of shadow warriors when he becomes badass enough... And couldn't Xantalos just keep infecting all the infinite soldiers that keep infinitely spawning, growing infinitely larger if a way to kill him isn't discovered... Not to mention if I get in, I could technically open a portal to the void which would let me have infinite resources at my disposal as well. Granted the size of the portal would determine how many beings can get in per day but if it's large enough, I could effectively swarm the planet with a lot of void beings. Hell, if the broken rules I had in play were being used here (which I doubt they are), then sacrificing approximately 100,000 thousand people would then allow me to bring in about 100,000 void beings of varying strength before the portal needs to recharge. Again assuming my old rules are in play, (which they probably aren't but) magic items recharge at a rate of about 10% every 17 minutes. So within about 3 hours, I'd be able to swarm the world with another 100,000 void beings. Not to mention the various fun little war machines hidden away in there, including an effectively limitless fleet of battleships.

Anyway, my point is that an infinite army is cool but there's actually quite a couple ways it could be dealt with. Occasionally involving other infinitely large armies :P.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 01, 2013, 01:19:36 pm »

Hellmouth, people. Opening a Hellmouth is my backup plan. I'll only do it when the world is almost certainly doomed anyway though...

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 01, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »

Then of course, there would be the Moderator-caused alien freaking invasion.

This way, I see three endings

Total goddamn Annihilation
Basically, everyone whips out nukes and completely obliterates the Human Race. The Earth is gone, seas boiled away, little traces of wildlife or flora. TorZon could become incredibly powerful to that, until someone or other brings an Anti-Matter bomb into play. Whomever survives, would probably have King DZA pitting you guys to the death.

Almost entirely destroyed
Humanity survives the super-beings and their armies, with tremendous losses in life. The last scattered remnants of humanity agree to never let such a thing happen, and attempt to rebuild what was lost. A long and slow road. But I guess that counts as a Unification victory

Battered but Standing
Humanity faces these collective threats on a united front, despite the efforts of some to destroy that. They fight off all-comers, with many losses, but eventually they survive. Given the wealth of alien technology, Humanity expands into space yada yada yada

Given what some Chosen ones have in the playing field, options 1 and 2 seem likely. So why include 3?

Well, humanity would THRIVE on this kind of warfare. Limitless funding would be given to R&D's across the globe, working on next-generation weaponry. XCOM-style research on alien gear would yield even more advanced weaponry, star-based propulsion, energy sources. Under this new tech-boom, they could receive mysterious packages that weigh 75 tons...
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 01, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »

((And then my contingency plans come into effect.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:21 pm »

Eh, the third scenario is quite possible as long as there are chosen ones such as yourself and Gunin's around (Vgray too?). I suppose it'll all come down to which of the two parties (destruction or unification) gains the most power as things progress. Zanny seems to be the loose cannon of the bunch and I have no idea what he's aiming for; although I think he's leaning towards destruction (got bored with unification eh? Or maybe just like playing both sides of the game?). I'd say right now it's more balanced than not, so I guess a lot of it'll come down to which chosen one dies first and who replaces them. If I happen to get in, I'd be on the destruction side (despite technically aiming for assimilation, I assume transforming all humans into monsters counts as destruction...). So yeah, I could see it going any number of ways at the moment.
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 02, 2013, 12:01:03 am »

I'm going to be laughing so hard by the end of this.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 02, 2013, 10:54:13 am »

Zanny seems to be the loose cannon of the bunch and I have no idea what he's aiming for; although I think he's leaning towards destruction (got bored with unification eh? Or maybe just like playing both sides of the game?).

Currently:
'Light' - Unification
'Dark' - Destruction

After that one split I referred to:
White - Unification
Blue - Whichever will have greater profit for him at the time, but playing the other side as well to prolong conflict and get more profit.
Black - Carefully conceived destruction.
Red - Whatever sounds fun at the time. (During destruction - total chaos)(During unification - forming barely structured bands for to allow for the former to have more participating)
Green - Destruction to a primal state, then unify the remains.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 02, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »

You have something against warlocks Gman? :P

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 05, 2013, 01:41:46 pm »

Huh? Didn't even realize I might have implied such a thing. I was simply stating in the last post that you'd be just as capable of unleashing a huge army as Zan and some of the other Chosen Ones. I'd say that's a good thing not a bad thing (well relatively :P).
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 05, 2013, 01:49:12 pm »

Huge demon armies aren't on the menu just yet.

Jorn Darkmanes South? Carolina takeover plan.

Step 1. Recruit minions..

Step 2. Teach minions the ways of the Dark.

Step 3. ???

Steps 4-5 Ally with the governor and the senators. Or you know, just blackmail them.

Add steps between 3 and 4 as necessary. And include the word Profit somewhere.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:54:56 pm by Vgray »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 06, 2013, 08:14:50 am »

Zanny seems to be the loose cannon of the bunch and I have no idea what he's aiming for; although I think he's leaning towards destruction (got bored with unification eh? Or maybe just like playing both sides of the game?).

Currently:
'Light' - Unification
'Dark' - Destruction

After that one split I referred to:
White - Unification
Blue - Whichever will have greater profit for him at the time, but playing the other side as well to prolong conflict and get more profit.
Black - Carefully conceived destruction.
Red - Whatever sounds fun at the time. (During destruction - total chaos)(During unification - forming barely structured bands for to allow for the former to have more participating)
Green - Destruction to a primal state, then unify the remains.

I actually think this is a pretty cool idea; Zanzetkuken would essentially suffer the tragic fate of having his own mind (or perhaps his very being) be nigh-irreparably fragmented by his own immense power, which is not only an awesome character development, but could also be surprisingly balanced gameplay-wise:

Zanzetkuken would gain the advantage of having a diverse selection of different playstyles to switch between, but also the disadvantage of having each of those playstyles be much more limited in their capabilities due to their specialized nature. Not to mention the fact that he'd almost inevitably end up being alienated by all the other Chosen Ones in the trial on account of neither the Extermination nor Unification groups ever being able to completely trust him.

Huge demon armies aren't on the menu just yet.

Jorn Darkmanes South? Carolina takeover plan.

Step 1. Recruit minions..

Step 2. Teach minions the ways of the Dark.

Step 3. ???

Steps 4-5 Ally with the governor and the senators. Or you know, just blackmail them.

Add steps between 3 and 4 as necessary. And include the word Profit somewhere.

Out of curiosity, what will Jorn rename the state of South Carolina should he achieve total control over it? South Carolina hardly seems like a fitting name for lands ruled over by a powerful warlock, in my opinion.

In other news, I should be able to get an update posted sometime tomorrow. Hopefully, in the coming days, I'll have a little less on my plate and be able to pick up the update pace a little...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:28 am »

Good luck in your endeavors then!
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 06, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

At this point, I'll settle for being unofficial ruler of this city.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 96