Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123561 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 06:11:25 am »

Application to the Waitlist. Sorry for the terse sentences.  :-[

Name: Samuel Drake
(MALE)
Description: An old man with a steel-grey beard and a bald head. One empty socket where an eye is supposed to be, the other blue and bloodshot. Black leather jacket with dark brown/black cargo pants. Black work boots. Left hand is missing the middle and little fingers (gun misfire).
Origin: Samuel was born with only one eye, which along with his eternally bald head did little to earn him friends. Samuel was a loner until he turned seventeen, when he fell into the company of a local gang of thugs, where he discovered a talent for intimidation and carefully controlled violence. Samuel moved up in the world until he became the top enforcer for the most powerful crime syndicate in the city. He continued his work until his seventieth birthday, when a routine job ended in the deaths of two teens. Three years later he was called back in by his former boss. One last tough job. The men sent out to a certain job had disappeared and the boss needed someone to go find out what happened and finish the job. Samuel accepted and followed the trail of the missing enforcers to a small townhouse in the country. Inside he was confronted with a horrible image; the enforcers all ripped apart and strewn about the room. As Samuel crossed the threshold he felt a wrenching motion in his body as a ball of light rose in the centre of the room. The light moved outwards in ring and Samuel, still agile even in old age dove over it. The light dissipated against the walls and he was pulled into the nothingness which was left where the ball had been.
Traits: Hardened Criminal. Determined/Stubborn. Intimidating. Skilled in hand to hand combat. Missing one eye (poor depth perception). Agile. Proficient with variety of submachine guns and handguns. Dexterity impaired (left hand).

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 06:45:10 am »

Most of it seems to be in order. I just need to know which eye is the missing one, and ask that you lessen the amount of traits Samuel has.

The missing eye and impaired hand don't need to be listed as traits; they'll be noted under his physical status. Hardened Criminal, determined/stubborn (perhaps steadfast would be the word you're looking for?), intimidating, skilled in hand to hand combat, agile, and submachine gun/handgun proficiency are all valid traits, but the cap for starting traits is five, putting you one over the limit.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 06:55:09 am »

I assume that the CIA is gonna start blazing a trail to me, once they find out about it from the Canadians?

I am also assuming that they have taken me to Black Maple?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 07:27:06 am »

Most of it seems to be in order. I just need to know which eye is the missing one, and ask that you lessen the amount of traits Samuel has.

The missing eye and impaired hand don't need to be listed as traits; they'll be noted under his physical status. Hardened Criminal, determined/stubborn (perhaps steadfast would be the word you're looking for?), intimidating, skilled in hand to hand combat, agile, and submachine gun/handgun proficiency are all valid traits, but the cap for starting traits is five, putting you one over the limit.

Right eye. And I guess I can get rid of submachine gun/handgun proficiency. Just make hand to hand combat skill be melee combat skill.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 08:23:23 am »

I assume that the CIA is gonna start blazing a trail to me, once they find out about it from the Canadians?

I could see that happening, if/when they find out.

I am also assuming that they have taken me to Black Maple?

Depends. Where would you say that Black Maple would be situated?

@Gamerlord
Alright then, you're set. Take a seat anywhere you'd like, and kick back until you receive your very own vial of shimmering fluid.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:27:47 am by King DZA »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2012, 01:22:22 pm »

What's a good color for Jorn's text do you think?

Maybe I should just use blue..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »

Mine is blue.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »

Mine is blue.

So is the Moderator's.....one of him anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 04:25:23 am »

@Gamerlord
Alright then, you're set. Take a seat anywhere you'd like, and kick back until you receive your very own vial of shimmering fluid.

Cool. Can you PM me before you choose to put me in?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2012, 05:38:28 am »

Black Maple is a Top-Secret research and development base situated 300KM from Vancouver, and has been developing various high-tech weapons, vehicles and armour. As for the exact location I can't say.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 06:39:52 am »

@Gamerlord

Cool. Can you PM me before you choose to put me in?

Sure thing.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 03:50:21 pm »

Yessss...Time to form an evil cult! Hopefully one with good publicity.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 03:30:21 am »

Posting to say that, on top of writing up the turn recaps and getting all the info together for our two new participants, I've decided to make some extra adjustments to the information presented at the start of each turn, as I found it to be a bit lacking in some places. So no need to fret if it takes a little long before the beginning of day 2 is up.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2012, 10:25:52 pm »

I'll have to put Canada higher on my "places to conquer" list.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:44:57 pm by Vgray »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 07:34:46 am »

I'll have to put Canada higher on my "places to conquer" list.

Because they could have a Hollander II and a Chippewa IIC, and will probably have military superiority. Provided that the CIA don't get them
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 96