Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123770 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #1155 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:27 pm »

Gman, will the Entity do its own fighting? Or will it hide behind lesser void beings?

Little bit of both. The Entity is something of a predator by nature, so in that regard it would enjoy "hunting" but probably not straight up conflict. I'm thinking ambushes in the dark type thing. The hunting would be more of a hobby for it than its sole drive though, so you could still expect it to work a lot through others.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »

Zan did gather Jorn Havel and the M together to form an alliance.
Given his impending action, I don't sense this alliance thing going well.
Also, should the switch from Dark to Light Zanzetkuken be mandated by you, DZA? I think it should.
Because then his plans will really be fucked with.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 28, 2013, 11:05:24 pm »

Gman, will the Entity do its own fighting? Or will it hide behind lesser void beings?

Little bit of both. The Entity is something of a predator by nature, so in that regard it would enjoy "hunting" but probably not straight up conflict. I'm thinking ambushes in the dark type thing. The hunting would be more of a hobby for it than its sole drive though, so you could still expect it to work a lot through others.

Interesting.

Jorn, being a squishy wizard without so much as a basic fireball spell, will likely work through his demons. Or his human followers.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:49 pm »

Zan did gather Jorn Havel and the M together to form an alliance.
Given his impending action, I don't sense this alliance thing going well.
Also, should the switch from Dark to Light Zanzetkuken be mandated by you, DZA? I think it should.

My thought is a switch off roughly each day around the time Dark manifested.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »

But aren't they essentially personalities duelling in their head?
Sig! Onol

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 28, 2013, 11:24:15 pm »

SO I guess I'll ask everyone.

I so can't wait to get out there.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 28, 2013, 11:31:40 pm »

Interesting.

Jorn, being a squishy wizard without so much as a basic fireball spell, will likely work through his demons. Or his human followers.
I'm 90% sure DZA said characters can gain new abilities throughout the game that they might not have normally had access to. So you could probably learn something combat oriented outside normal warlock powers.

If you want to be risky about it, there's also probably some sort of demonic ritual you could perform on yourself to beef up a bit.
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 28, 2013, 11:33:54 pm »

That's besides the fact that it's just plain more sensible to be sneaky.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 28, 2013, 11:47:06 pm »

If you want to be risky about it, there's also probably some sort of demonic ritual you could perform on yourself to beef up a bit.
Completely. My opinion?

Summon a lesser demon, skin it, send it back, wear it's skin until it becomes your own. Only a negligible chance of that backfiring horribly.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:38 pm »

But aren't they essentially personalities duelling in their head?

Well, about to be 5 when Dark gets back to his base after vaporizing China or India.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 29, 2013, 12:01:18 am »

That's besides the fact that it's just plain more sensible to be sneaky.
Sensible has no weight here! 8)
But yeah.

Completely. My opinion?

Summon a lesser demon, skin it, send it back, wear it's skin until it becomes your own. Only a negligible chance of that backfiring horribly.
Just think how popular he'd be at Halloween parties. Maybe he could even go into business selling costumes. Heh... Heheh... HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm okay.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 29, 2013, 12:11:25 am »

When I do Moderator VS Langley Round Two, should I pack in the Arrow IV missiles?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 30, 2013, 08:57:52 am »

I have a sudden image of a demon the size of the house appearing within the circle.

...That could work. After all, the ghost can't continue to haunt the house if there's no house left to haunt.

Keep in mind, though, that there are ritual circles for many other uses than just that of summoning. So for future reference, if Jorn really wanted, he would probably be able create a ritual circle for the specific purpose of binding/entrapping something, and not have to worry about that something inadvertently ending up as an offering in an unintended summoning ritual.

Interesting.

I'm 90% sure DZA said characters can gain new abilities throughout the game that they might not have normally had access to. So you could probably learn something combat oriented outside normal warlock powers.

Yep. One of the main reasons I try to keep track of the progression of everyone's capabilities and behaviors and whatnot is so that it's always possible for Chosen Ones to expand their horizons, or even be totally reinvented while in-game.

Perhaps after he's got the whole ghost problem sorted out, Jorn should go sign up for some karate lessons...

Or somehow use his black magic to make himself hella jacked...

Completely. My opinion?

Or even follow Xanmyral's somewhat questionable advice and go all Buffalo Bill on some poor, unsuspecting helldweller. I won't judge.

Heh, I'd already been thinking about that. Especially with the possible division into five separate personalities instead of just two. It's not something I think should be sudden, but rather, a slow, steady progression to better represent Light Zanzetkuken's loss of control as a single, unified entity, and the growing autonomy of those he shares his body with. When/if Dark is accepted as an official Chosen One, for example, he shouldn't to simply continue to be a mode that Zan switches over to whenever he feels like doing something that goes against his normal set of morals, but instead become an entirely different, opposing character than he actually has to struggle to overcome. A rival Chosen One with their own separate ambitions and reasons for wanting to become a god, that just so happens to be stuck inside the same body.

For a while, Zan should be able to switch between personalities at will. Later on, every now and then one might overpower another, and unexpectedly take control of their shared physical form. Further on down the road, it may become a serious challenge for any one personality to retain control for more than a few hours at a time.

When I do Moderator VS Langley Round Two, should I pack in the Arrow IV missiles?

You should follow one of my personal guidelines for life, and do whatever makes for a more badass story to tell later.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 30, 2013, 12:26:11 pm »

When/if Dark is accepted as an official Chosen One, for example, he shouldn't to simply continue to be a mode that Zan switches over to whenever he feels like doing something that goes against his normal set of morals, but instead become an entirely different, opposing character than he actually has to struggle to overcome.

Actually, I wasn't doing this.  The first time, he was annoyed and exasperated to the point that Dark took advantage of it to rip away control.  The other time, Light left and became busy elsewhere, so Dark snatched control.  The only time I am switching off now is when one side becomes too weak or overwhelmed with emotions that strengthen the other side, and when either side falls asleep/contacts DZA telepathically.  Through that way, I'm killing off one of the main methods of contact with the rest of the chosen ones at the current time, because neither side really wants to lose control.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 30, 2013, 05:35:14 pm »

Just an observation is all, what with Dark's emergence being sort of...abrupt. But hey, so long as its handled well throughout the game, I shall be increasingly excited for the character and story development possibilities it brings.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 96