Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Does the current time system need to be improved?

No! I think it's fine just the way it is, and to hell with all who dare say otherwise!
- 1 (6.3%)
Yes, and I know exactly how it should be done! (elaborate below)
- 2 (12.5%)
Yes, but I have no idea how it should be done!
- 3 (18.8%)
Yes, by setting a base limit for the amount of time that passes per update. (specify limit below)
- 1 (6.3%)
Why yes, DZA, I am indeed well aware that I am wasting my vote by selecting this completely useless poll option.
- 9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread  (Read 123833 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: Miscellaneous Chitchat Thread
« Reply #1080 on: November 23, 2013, 06:38:58 pm »

Oi. What about me? I have potential.
My threat level's going to accelerate far faster than yours.
No offense, but especially in Australia of all places.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 23, 2013, 07:21:35 pm »

Oi. What about me? I have potential.
Yes you do have potential. All of you have potential.

However that said; Jorn, Sir Havel and the others thus far seem a bit less likely to cause the mass havoc I'm looking for.

Breaking that down;
Jorn and Sir Havel are too nice.
Moderator is under Canadian supervision and thus also unlikely to cause too much ruckus.
Zan is as I said, unpredictable. He plays both sides and that makes makes him less reliable.
Hisir seems to be having a rough time.
Inithis's character is inactive as far as I can tell and admittedly I don't know much about him.

Thus, I look towards my friend Xantalos :D
Bring about the dark ages buddy! The worse off the world, the better! From my slanted perspective admittedly, haha.
It's good for my future business. When the world's going down the tube, everyone will want to make dangerous pacts with monsters from the Void. And hopefully I'll be there. Smiling and supplying while taking my due.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 23, 2013, 07:25:02 pm »

Everything's going to be just fine.
Sig! Onol

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 23, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

I may or may not be less friendly when I have an expendable demon army.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 23, 2013, 11:41:28 pm »

Yes you do have potential. All of you have potential.

However that said; Jorn, Sir Havel and the others thus far seem a bit less likely to cause the mass havoc I'm looking for.

Breaking that down;
Jorn and Sir Havel are too nice.
Moderator is under Canadian supervision and thus also unlikely to cause too much ruckus.
Zan is as I said, unpredictable. He plays both sides and that makes makes him less reliable.
Hisir seems to be having a rough time.
Inithis's character is inactive as far as I can tell and admittedly I don't know much about him.

Thus, I look towards my friend Xantalos :D
Bring about the dark ages buddy! The worse off the world, the better! From my slanted perspective admittedly, haha.
It's good for my future business. When the world's going down the tube, everyone will want to make dangerous pacts with monsters from the Void. And hopefully I'll be there. Smiling and supplying while taking my due.

unlikely to cause too much ruckus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 24, 2013, 12:31:09 am »

We shall see. I do love to see interesting plot material, so I fully root for you all to get some action.

By the way Vgray, don't by any means feel obligated to change your character's behavior. I find Jorn to be a very interesting and entertaining character. A little humor sprinkled here and there such as the bogart incident way back. Can be serious and get things done but at the same time isn't excessively cruel or callous. Just a bit of kindness sprinkled here and there. Overall quite the endearing character.

Same to Kestrel. Love what you do with the character, and I greatly look forward to the moment where you raise hell with superweapons and whatnot. Actually if anything you've been given a perfect opportunity there. Make Black Maple think you're working for them. Get them to work for you. Indirectly that pretty much gives you the most power out of all the chosen one's thus far. You've got a whole government agency backing you and all you need to do is play your cards right and make them think it's all for them. Tons of potential, I'm just not sure what you're going to do with it or how you might leverage it. Good video by the way.

Blue and Orange morality is a personal favorite of mine, followed closely by the shades of grey. Be a jerk one moment while unexpectedly kind the next. Not even necessarily for manipulative reasons. Just because... weird morals. It's fun that way. It feels right.

If I get in, I'm aiming for the Entity to exhibit rather strange tendencies. Not necessarily the same as those seen from the void beings in my dead games. The Entity is a void being but also more than that. A lord among the void beings because of its (his) being different. And out of the infinite number of void beings, I enjoy the idea that even with infinity, the ones with really interesting and unique personalities are few and far between. Because different is sort of harder than the same, as weird as that might sound. The void beings are, despite their variety, so very similar but some of them rise up past that and become something special.

A little bit of my personality mixed in with other personalities I've seen that I find interesting and some concepts mixed in from my dreams because sometimes I like taking ideas from my dreams. I don't usually remember them but when I do... Wow, fun stuff. There's a good chance I'm more likely to do something weird like trying to collect all the chosen ones or warp them to my way of thinking instead of killing or beating them. Don't kill the humans or dominate them so much but change them either physically or mentally. Why? Not even I really know. I just want to have fun and that's how I think I'll go about doing it. Something sporadic and a little crazy. Not the same kind of crazy as Zan and Moderator with multiple personalities but definitely something... different. And as much as I'm anxious to get in, as one might have gauged from me trying to stay active in the OOC, I'm kind of happy because I get to keep thinking of more interesting ideas for how I want my character to act. Even better, because of the nature of this game, I'm not really restricted to certain character conventions. In god games, I sort of need to stick to my spheres or risk being out of character. Other roleplaying games likewise usually have a certain character criteria I need to adhere to. Here though, DZA let's us be really creative and flexible with what we want which is why I'm excited for it. It's like a little playground for my creative roleplaying spirit that lets me toy around with fun concepts that play through my head as I dreamily muddle through my agonizingly dull weekly routine.

And wow. This is what happens when I go to post after drinking too much eggnog if you know what I mean. Snowy weather always puts me in the mood, heh. At least the ideas flow a little more freely. Easier to write them down I guess. Hmm writing that bit about my character made me feel a little annoyed at myself for doing such a poor job with my forum game. Felt like I had good ideas but didn't know how to apply it to a fair game. I guess that's why I have a deep appreciation and respect for people who make it work. A tip of my hat to you DZA.

Spell checked this thing like crazy. I'm a self regulating grammar Nazi and I always make double sure to check my own grammar when I'm like this. Entertainingly, I find the end product sometimes looks better than it would have under normal circumstances, just because I check it over so much. Unfortunately with my minor case of ADD mixed with other stuff, I end up reading each line like 5 times over when I'm checking, haha. :P
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 24, 2013, 12:32:55 am »

You have snow?!
You lucky bastard.
Sig! Onol

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 24, 2013, 12:57:06 am »

You have snow?!
You lucky bastard.
Yeah a bit. I love snow. Don't even mind shoveling that much. Sometimes I just go out and walk around the town or through the woods and enjoy the way it makes things look. I just hate when it hardens and becomes icy. An inch or less of powdery snow is what makes me happy.
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 24, 2013, 12:59:04 am »

SNNNOOOOWWWW
Sig! Onol

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 24, 2013, 05:22:31 am »

Problem with the plan is that Canada could just be setting this up for a massive trap, and drop a nuke on us.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 24, 2013, 05:23:40 am »

What plan?
Sig! Onol

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 24, 2013, 05:35:50 am »

It's like a little playground for my creative roleplaying spirit that lets me toy around with fun concepts that play through my head as I dreamily muddle through my agonizingly dull weekly routine.

That's essentially what I was trying to create with this game; a big, unrestricted playing field for people to develop/have fun with awesome character ideas they might not otherwise ever get the opportunity to use. Originally, I was a little worried about just how feasible it'd be to run a competitive RPG without any hard stat systems or a more solid set of rules to keep things balanced, but I'd say it's gone remarkably well so far.

Hmm writing that bit about my character made me feel a little annoyed at myself for doing such a poor job with my forum game. Felt like I had good ideas but didn't know how to apply it to a fair game. I guess that's why I have a deep appreciation and respect for people who make it work. A tip of my hat to you DZA.

My forum game creation formula in a nutshell:
"Construct a basic skeleton, and flesh out certain parts of it as the need arises. Don't be afraid to rearrange the bones of that skeleton if you feel it would be an overall improvement to your creation."

Nothing too impressive, but it certainly gets the job done.

Spell checked this thing like crazy. I'm a self regulating grammar Nazi and I always make double sure to check my own grammar when I'm like this. Entertainingly, I find the end product sometimes looks better than it would have under normal circumstances, just because I check it over so much. Unfortunately with my minor case of ADD mixed with other stuff, I end up reading each line like 5 times over when I'm checking, haha. :P

No worries, I have the exact same problem. Only caused by deep-seeded fears of failing to meet the expectations I set for myself in any given task or endeavor, rather than ADD or heavy eggnog consumption. One of the myriad reasons why it can take me days or even weeks to finish what seems like a small and simple update.

Anyway, I must say I'm becoming very excited for the day that The Entity finally makes it's debut in the trial. Whenever that day may be.
As a side note, I think something I'd really like to see is a 3-way showdown between TorZon, The Entity, and Vitam. Much of their abilities seem to be closely similar in quite a few ways, and I'm curious to see just who would come out on top if they were to come into conflict with each other. Almost makes me want to create a Chosen One battle arena minigame or something...

And yes, snow is wonderful. The bitter, freezing temperatures that come along with it, on the other hand, I could gladly do without...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:34:10 am by King DZA »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 24, 2013, 05:48:09 am »

It would be interesting to see the three head off against each other. An arms race is what I'm imaging, each with their own special twist on mass accumulation.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 24, 2013, 05:55:15 am »

Like a really fucked up game of Hungry Hungry Hippos...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 24, 2013, 06:11:55 am »

It would be interesting to see the three head off against each other. An arms race is what I'm imaging, each with their own special twist on mass accumulation.
Yeah, it's a fun concept overall and I think we all took it and created something a little bit unique to ourselves. It'll definitely be interesting to see how things go, should such a conflict arise. Not only due to the differences in character abilities but also due to the character personalities and motivations involved.

Like a really fucked up game of Hungry Hungry Hippos...
Haha, priceless mental image right there.

The bitter, freezing temperatures that come along with it, on the other hand, I could gladly do without...
My personal solution is excessive clothing layers. Remember, you can almost always put on more clothing but you can't always take more clothing off. 8)
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 96