Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paris Hilton?  (Read 1561 times)

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paris Hilton?
« on: September 09, 2012, 04:51:58 pm »

My character is like the Paris Hilton of Thadar Thran (my generated world) because he's super famous even though he's never done anything.  Everyone is telling me my name precedes me and, when I request my first quest, I'm already being told to seek out a lord.

Is this character, perhaps, a former meat shield of one of my previous characters?

The village I started in.. there was a full set of bronze armor and a crossbow with bolts on the ground in front of me.  I didn't think much of it, but now, I'm think maybe it's related.  Weirder things have happened though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Paris Hilton?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

Probably not, I thought that adventurers were genned from scratch. Could you have accidentally un-retired an adventurer?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 05:47:35 pm »

Definitely not because each one of my previous adventurers is dead.  It's weird.  When I first started I was able to report successes, despite being newly genned (which has happened before).

But this time, I got the "this is fantastic" message, when all the previous times, I got the "rumors from faraway lands won't save us" one.

Then, I travelled to a new hamlet, and I was able to report successes for another person I never killed.  Unless it was the honey badger I killed.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:49:37 pm »

You're claiming successes for stuff your old adventurer did but never got around to reporting.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »

that makes sense

EDIT: actually, it gets weirder.

The second kill I reported (the one that I never actually committed), I took a screenshot of the dialogue.

After my hero died, I looked him up and he wasn't credited for the kill.  I looked up the person the was killed and it was credited to a citizen of Loversinks, a hamlet that my hero had visited and recruited a soldier in. 

Could it be that this soldier killed the necromancer before I recruited him, and I got credit for the kill?  Or maybe he killed a necromancer after I recruited him and I didn't notice it happen.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:27:22 pm by Hamsmagoo »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:10 pm »

One such meatshield got the last hit in.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

Yeh if your party kills an enemy your adventurer gets to report the death regardless of who gets the final blow.

(I had a companion steal a dragon kill from me once. I cut it's heart. Then Trollface McMeatshield poked it in the leg with a spear or something, it bled out the next turn he got himself a mention in Legends.)

It might go farther than that, you might even be able to Report the death of a target that you guys didn't actually fight in rare circumstances like him getting nomed by lions as you approach or something like that.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »

Here's some confirmation of what you just said:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My presence, alone, was enough to give him a heart attack.