Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When does your home civ get..  (Read 1108 times)

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When does your home civ get..
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:29:55 pm »

When does your home civ get the ability to trade animals you have caught and trained? I wonder if it is possible to train some of the animals I have been catching and sell them to the home civ. Will this then enable them to trade them abck to me the next year and following that?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: When does your home civ get..
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »

Never. Though the home civilization gains a little bit of knowledge from your fortress (meaning it is easier to trains dragons or whatever again in future fortresses), the home civilization can never gain enough knowledge to make the creature "domesticated", at least in the current version, which is the thing that allows them to trade them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DanteThanatos

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:hollow eyes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 03:28:39 pm »

Sadly, I must add. Its cool when you browse through Legends and read those has traveled far and domesticated a beast of sort.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 03:37:10 pm »

As they said, though this might be something that comes along in the "bringing the world to life" phase of development.