Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Indiefort championship out now! 24 games for only 19.99!  (Read 8868 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Indiefort championship out now! 24 games on offer!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2012, 06:16:30 pm »

Hoping for some help picking some games (preferably not from anyone affiliated with the bundle). If I wanted to 6 games, which ones would be good?

I don't know if this helps, but the 6 I'm most interested in are:

- Telepath RPG
- Sentinel 3
- Tiny and Big
- Project Blacksun
- Black Market

But I haven't tried any of them, so really I'm just choosing by how they sound. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

Since you are more or less asking for an opinion...

If I had to pick 6, the ones that drew my attention were:
Shepard Slaughter
Project Black Sun
Devil Whiskey
Girl With a Heart of
Cardinal Quest
Survivors of Ragnorok (and picked this one as a hedge, since its an alpha with updates)

(of course, I'm not actually picking any, because I am on both a time budget and, moreso, an actual budget, where every dollar counts)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2012, 07:51:55 pm »

Black Market I remember getting from the previous IndieFort, and while it has quite silly dialogue, it crashed all the damn time for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2012, 08:24:38 pm »

Black market is fun for a little while. It's not a complex game, it's a pretty simple flash game. You can try their web version of it out a bit, if you like that then you'll like the full version (it's just more of the same kind of stuff, continuing the story). I got it in the first bundle and played through it. I think it took me around 5 or 6 hours? I didn't have many crashes though, and I kind of rushed through it. It was more entertaining than a lot of movies I've paid more to see, so to me it was worth it.

AirBuccaneers is a novel cooperative first person shooter with you flying airships with cannons. You can play that one free while it's in alpha (although I think you're limited? not sure how that works, I just grabbed it and activated mine immediately). I find it pretty entertaining - more lasting appeal than Black Market at least, since it's multiplayer.

Devil Whiskey is OK if you like that type of game. I found the way the game handles random encounters to be a bit tedious (just randomly putting you up against monsters every few steps, everywhere you go, even inside town, with no limit to them so you can't clear a place out), but otherwise it's an interesting game with lots of dungeon to explore. It's probably a pretty niche market, so I'd recommend trying the demo on GG before getting it. If you do like it you could sink quite a few hours into it.

I personally also bought Star Prospector, 3079, Telepath, and Demise because they sounded interesting - but I haven't played them yet (except 3079, which I haven't really played enough to comment on it). A friend of mine is telling me that Star Prospector is "awesome", but he's steered me wrong in the past (Spore is awesome?) so i'm not sure if that says much :).

I believe some of the cheaper ones are more coffee break diversions than engrossing games. To be honest though, at a mere $1 per game you can hardly go wrong with even the shortest coffee break games. Even if I chuck it after a day or two, a few hours of solid enjoyment is easily worth a buck to me.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 08:55:27 pm »

After a few hours of play, I'm satisfied that Demise: Ascension is as brutally unforgiving as Devil Whiskey. It may be even more unforgiving as you only get one character at the start, and combat goes by so quickly that you won't be able to accurately sum up the danger an enemy poses before it kills you sometimes. Looking forward to doing more of that tomorrow.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 04:14:11 am »

I think the idea is that you generate as many characters as fit a party and form the party!

Does anyone have any tips on Star Prospector? I tried the demo and thought it might be a little too grindy, but I'd like more opinions :)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 08:47:06 am »

Ok we are just waiting on a few more e-mails to retroactively fit the platinum bundle, it'll have all games in it! I'm theoretically supposed to keep my yap shut about this but bay12 has always been supportive in the past so you guys are the first and only people to know until it's out in the next few days!
Poysky Productions

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:00 am »

Awesome! I have to imagine this will drive a lot more sales depending on the price.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 09:36:35 am »

Hoping for some help picking some games (preferably not from anyone affiliated with the bundle). If I wanted to 6 games, which ones would be good?

I don't know if this helps, but the 6 I'm most interested in are:

- Telepath RPG
- Sentinel 3
- Tiny and Big
- Project Blacksun
- Black Market

But I haven't tried any of them, so really I'm just choosing by how they sound.

I own just 3079, but I played if for enough time to say this - it's a really nice game. I bought it because I was a 3059 fan AND because the author seemed like a nice guy, after I checked 3079's forums a bit.

There are some thing I miss with this game. I expected it to be more like fully 3D 3059 (which was also very fine roguelike, IMHO) with additional features but things like hacking and programing your own ICs did not survive transition. As I understand it, the second instalment, 3069, was more in this "3059 but 3D" vain.

But that being said, 3079 truly fun. Looks might fool it's some sort Minecraft clone, but boy would you be wrong. It much more action oriented, you have stats and skills, there are jetpacks and grappling hooks and it actually has story. While the later is not a literary masterpiece and you can finish the game quite quickly, this very shortness and simpleness make the game enjoying - story is there just to steer you in right direction, it does not force you to do things and you are free to either finish it and start over or not.

The author said there currently won't be any major updates for a while as he is working on a new game. I still hope he returns back to it after that because while currently 3079 plays quite nice, there are few things I'd like to see changed...but mainly those are personal pet peeves, like mentioned hacking and programing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:38:45 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 12:19:50 pm »

Awesome! I have to imagine this will drive a lot more sales depending on the price.
i don't know if it will provide any huge savings

the airbucaneers dev stated that it will be priced at 24 euros

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 05:45:37 pm »

Considering that air bucaneers costs more than the price you just said, and considering you get 23 other games for that price, I'd say it's a pretty huge saving.

We are going to adjust the price to maximize savings, but keep in mind we also need to give these people as much money as we can, so it's a fine balance guys.

In any case I'm trying my hardest, let's see if between all of us we can help change these peoples lives for the better!
Poysky Productions

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 06:49:54 pm »

yea i just meant savings relative to the other price levels

in absolute terms it is still huge savings of course :)

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:20 am »

I bought 3 games:  Demise, Telepath, and AirBucc.  I like The coop play  of AirBucc.  Much fun.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 05:11:18 am »

PRECIOUS PLATINUM BUNDLE INCOMING. 24 GAMES FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR A PIECE! I took your advice directly into consideration and set it up to 19.99
Poysky Productions

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 05:22:02 am »

:o

Whoa, now that's something.

And this bundle was a steal even before.

Good work, Alex.

Everyone else - donate even moar money to devs! :3
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6