Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumb question BUT!  (Read 780 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Dumb question BUT!
« on: September 08, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

How EXACTLY do i smelt iron i understand its a flux stone but is it just that? or something i got a wood burner making fuel and a furnace for smelting but how do i do it something i never understood..

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb question BUT!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:58 am »

The Wiki is your best friend, how about you read the article about it on there... And if you still dont get it, then we cant help you.
Also, you have posted several threads like this.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Iron
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:22:38 am »

you need iron ore and fuel.  A flux stone is necessary for the steel production process only.  flux stones are certain types of stones like marble, limestone, and chalk.

PaleBlueHammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 01:14:49 am »

Smelting iron is easy: build a magma smelter (with magma underneath and a channel in the floor) or build a regular smelter and make sure you have some charcoal.

Smelting steel is harder.  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Steel
Quote from: misko27
If adamantine is revealed for more then 2 years without being completely mined it all turns into galena. Useless, Useless Galena.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »

Ah thank you forgot that certa :Pnt stones yeild iron thank you 8)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:40 pm »

If you don't have magma build a wood burner (a furnace built through b-e menu) burn some wood into coal, build a smelter and smelt iron ore.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »

If you don't have magma build a wood burner (a furnace built through b-e menu) burn some wood into coal, build a smelter and smelt iron ore.

this.

It's smelting steel which is annoying, when you attempt that you'll probably need the wiki.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.